Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 06:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331926 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304663 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 11:39:37 AM »

I got Dungeon Maker 2 on a whim for PSP. I didn't play the first one and I didn't think I would like it (I tend to hate games with a lot of fiddly sim elements), but it sucked me in immediately. There is a lot to do, but the core game play is really simple and new things are introduced in a really streamlined way. I'm really surprised since it is totally not my type of game, but I really like it.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2009, 12:36:43 PM »

To throw in a totally different game than those that have been mentioned thus far: Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  Definitely worth having if you didn't play it elsewhere, or even if you did play it before and loved it.  The PSP version has some great exclusive gameplay modes.  (I talked about them in my review, if you want more detail.)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 01:32:21 PM »

After the mapping hell that was floor 12th I finally reached floor 13th in EOII. Even if it comes in little bits, the story is getting surprisingly interesting.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 06:05:14 PM »

You know by the way, good job sticky-ing this.

Anyway, I'm playing Suikoden II.  I'll beat it this time for sure!

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2009, 07:21:37 PM »

I managed to get everyone onto the second stratum in EP which culminated with fifteen more games of Hi-Q or whatever they call that puzzle board. I'm right now trying to figure out which of the three paths do I want to take Ashley's group down.

I'm really loling Thage's group for blitzing through the first stratum with no trouble at all, but Olifen's group is pissing me off though since everybody dies in two or three hits and I just don't have enough healing spells to go around. Ashley's group is somewhere in the middle with Ashley being nearly able to solo maps all by herself.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2009, 07:53:02 PM »

Anyway, I'm playing Suikoden II.  I'll beat it this time for sure!

I am astonished.

You better beat it this time, you fucking heathen.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2009, 10:36:32 PM »

I'm sure I'll beat it this time...  :(

I'm using a FAQ this time to get everyone I missed...  I already got someone new.  Some fucking...  Flying squirrel, wtfffffffffffffffffff.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 10:42:15 PM »

A flying squirrel? Now I know I have to try this game out.

Edit:

Persona 4 - At the Void Quest.... this place is epic.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:18:00 PM by Jet16 » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:26 AM »

Persona 4 - bumping up social links.

Desperately trying not to get distracted by Valkyria Chronicles.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:52 AM »

Persona 4- I'm in the secret base dungeon.  Definitely easier than Void Quest.  I maxed out the Priestess S-link and at the end of the day
Code:
decided to make Yukiko main's girlfriend.

So far I've maxed out two s-links and have a few ranked 7-9. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2009, 09:27:12 AM »

Got some gaming in over the weekend, but basically I was all over the place.

Eternal Sonata- Chapter 2 and I've played a little bit more to the point where I got a new character.  Although, the battle system pisses me off 50% of the time. 

Kingdom Hearts:  Chain of Memories:  I've finished three worlds now, but how I loathe the card system.  I've been getting some major cheap shots lately

Persona 4:  Not far at all, beat Yukiko's castle and am now doing little side quests and working on fusing.  I'm playing at a slow pace this time cuz I'm trying to get done as much as possible. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 09:44:31 AM »

Played ToV for 5 more hours yesterday, and didn't really advance the plot.
Spent most of my time doing sidequests etc.
This game is just huge. I always trigger cutscenes just by wandering around.

I'm at
Code:
Zaude
. There are a few areas on the map I can't go so I assume this isn't the last dungeon yet.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 01:13:28 PM »

Fallout 3:  Melee is boring.  I started over as an evil energy weapon user.  Energy + that special laser pistol you get from that clown in Canterbury Commons = mass destruction.

The Last Remnant:  Still don't remember the plot.  I found two fucking new towns by accident, which either means I'm not paying enough attention or that there needs to be some road signs or some shit.

Castlevania:  Order of Eclessia:  Beat it finally.  That boss that stumped me was the last hard one.  Death was the easiest he's been since Symphony of the Night and Dracula wasn't much better.  At least HE had a few new attacks; I damn sure wasn't expecting him to walk across the room and kick me in the head. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »

Persona 4- I'm in the secret base dungeon.  Definitely easier than Void Quest.  I maxed out the Priestess S-link and at the end of the day
Code:
decided to make Yukiko main's girlfriend.

So far I've maxed out two s-links and have a few ranked 7-9. 

Choosing only one girl?  Man, you're a wuss.  I've got Yukiko, Ai, AND Yumi dating Main Character :-p

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 01:51:37 PM »

I mentioned this in the Persona 4 thread.  I wasn't too keen on the selections. 

Chie- she's the kind of girl who'd permamently be in the friend zone with me. 

Yukiko- bit of a princess; doesn't seem like the kind of girl who could handle the bumps and imperfections of a relationship.  Most attractive of the lot, though.

Rise- high maintenance spoilt brat

Ayane (Sun S-link, band)- she's like a kid sister.  She's more like a kid than Nanako.  She needs a makeover so doesn't look so much like a baby doll.   

Ai- I'm not even touching her S-link.  She's disrespectful of the team and ditching class is a no-no for me.  She's not very pretty either, so not worth the risk.

In P3 it was a no-brainer for me: Yuko.  She was a normal, down-to-earth girl who wasn't a mess of insecurities and/or personal issues.  Chihiro was a mess.  Yukari was friend zone.  Fuuka was too quiet and timid for my tastes.  And Mitsuru frightened me.  Yuko rocked my socks.

I should've put everyone in the friend zone, but I didn't.  So yes John, I *am* a wuss for not sticking to my initial guns of making main a confirmed bachelor.  Maybe it's habit in that not picking a girlfriend= bad ending in a love adventure so I just went with the best of the lot.  Heh, with love adventures the first ending I usually get is with a Yukiko type.  Comes naturally I guess.  Major exception was Memories Off: 2nd where the first ending I got was with a Chie type who, go figure, was named Tomoe. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 04:54:33 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: