Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:25:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319284 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 293289 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2009, 04:05:01 PM »

Beat Dead Space. I had a great time with it, cliches be damned.
I started up Mass Effect and am liking it more than I thought I would. Not so sure about the ultra-realistic looking faces, though.
I picked up Gears of War. Wow, is this game bad ass. I love the whole "cover" system. This game feels so immersive. Very cool.
I still need to get back to Xeno III. It's hard with all these 360 games to play.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

Got the 120 gig HD for the 360, and whether by my own fuck up or Microsoft's stupid transfer process all the Fallout 3 saves are gone. I did go and delete the game before installing, but I'm not sure if I just deleted the install or everything related to the game. Showing a list of what would be deleted would've been nice at least, but I can't know for sure whether it was a transfer screw up or my fault since the old Hard Drive is completely wiped upon a finished transfer. At any rate it'll probably go on the backburner, but this IS a game that won't be too much of a pain to restart, and it's not like I haven't done this with a Fallout before. Then again it took about 8 years for me to go and finally beat Fallout 1 so maybe that isn't very applicable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 06:30:14 PM by Eusis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:51 PM »

I went in to the local indie store with the intentions of picking up TWEWY but walked out with Fatal Frame 3 instead. :/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:59 PM »

havent made any noteworthy progress in eternal poison,but one time i got pissed off because a monster cast pyro II on a monster i just bound. in P4 i just cleared the risette dungeon and i must say galactic punt is totally awesome.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2009, 07:49:13 PM »

Played some Fallout 3.
Code:
Dad died.

Played some GTAIV.
Code:
Just started missions for Jimmy P.

Played some Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Played some Dissidia.

Those last two I only played for a short while at a friend's house, Dissidia for maybe 10 minutes, Tatsunoko for about 30 minutes. I didn't know what I was doing in either, but they were interesting none the less. In Dissidia you can run on walls. I thought that was pretty cool.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »

were you as dissapointed as me at the small roster in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. they could of at least put dante or something. oh well a sequel is likely inevitable.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »

To throw in a totally different game than those that have been mentioned thus far: Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  Definitely worth having if you didn't play it elsewhere, or even if you did play it before and loved it.  The PSP version has some great exclusive gameplay modes.  (I talked about them in my review, if you want more detail.)

Yeah, I've heard nothing about how awesome this game. I've read your review. It seems tend to agree with you on a lot of games too. Unfortunately, I just can't get past the Marvel license. Not that I don't like comic books - I love them! But somehow, I just can't imagine it translating into a good RPG. It's a silly bias, I know.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 12:34:38 AM »

Europa Universalis: Playing as Russia, I annexed Kazan and got something like 30 victory points for it, because it was a mission. My next goal will be to take out the Teutonic Order, as they're fairly small, but they also have a lot of allies. Also that might get the Catholics mad at me. The Golden Horde might prove an easier target but then that might get the Sunnis even madder at me (they apparently didn't like me taking Kazan). I have to admit, the presence of random events and missions makes things a bit more... interesting than in EU3.

However, really, I think the Golden Horde sort of deserves to get conquered by Russia as payback for like... everything. Unfortunately, they didn't add in scorched earth policies until some EU3 expansion I don't have :333

Russia also has this funny problem where it's frozen half of the year so my armies always freeze to death. So if I take on the Teutonic Order, that means MORE wintery fun and death by freezing.

Now I have this weird urge to go play Russia in Crusader Kings and see if I can get the Rurik dynasty to last >:3

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 01:39:21 AM »

About 13 hours in Mass Effect. Finished the DLC. About worth the $5, I guess. Pretty short, but at least it's something extra.

I didn't like KotOR for a number of reasons, but I recognized it as a genuinely good game. Mass Effect remedies much of what I didn't like, but it still has so many issues I just can't wrap my head around. I'm playing as an Adept character. I've just finished the first of my post-Citadel missions (well, besides the DLC). I understand that I can't train with any heavy weapons, but why the fuck can't I even land one shot with a sniper rifle? Why don't I have at least a rudimentary zoom function? It's like everything is absolutely useless besides pistols, but why can't they simply be lower on a balanced scale instead of completely ineffective?

Still, combat as a whole is leaps and bounds better than in KotOR. Dialogue is a little spotty at times, but I was expecting that. In a game with so much speech it can't all be spot-on. I'm a little put off by the fact that all alien races in the galaxy speak perfect English, however.

Overall, glad I picked it up. Was wondering how much I'd enjoy it, and it's pretty good so far. Not sure if I'll go for all the achievements in this one. If I'm understanding them correctly I'd need to play the majority of the game, including side quests, at least three times at the minimum to nab everything. Not sure I'd have the patience for that. Some sections are so awfully long and plodding.

[/url]
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 01:43:12 AM »

I'm a little put off by the fact that all alien races in the galaxy speak perfect English, however.

They explain it in one of the codex entries (or whatever they are called, can't remember) that every person carries around with them a device that translates all foreign languages to where they can understand it. So therefore everyone can talk to each other even if they don't know the same language.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2009, 03:05:02 AM »

For some really strange reason I just can't find a copy of Xenosaga III anywhere, and I've practically gone everywhere where there are games to find it. Has it gone Tetris DS rare or is it just my area that's bereft of the game?

As for EP I really haven't been able to touch it since my last post (or any game for that matter). :(

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2009, 06:46:27 AM »

For some really strange reason I just can't find a copy of Xenosaga III anywhere, and I've practically gone everywhere where there are games to find it. Has it gone Tetris DS rare or is it just my area that's bereft of the game?

Most video games have a very limited shelf life.  The easiest way to get it at this point would be to get it online.  Offhand I know some third party vendors at Amazon.com have it, but it's going for the rather hefty ~$49 for a new copy.

Anyway, threw the first couple hours into my second cycle of Persona 4.  Man, it takes a long time to regain the compendium. :(

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2009, 09:17:15 AM »

60 hours in ToV

Code:
Just beat Alexi in Zaude

Still enjoying the game, but it just won't end, and there is so much to do.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:03 PM »

I keep hearing that Tetris DS is super rare, yet I see it around all the time.

What's the deal with that?

Played P4 for about 8 hours last night and got through the Cultural Festival. I actually spit my drink when I heard
Code:
one guy refer to Teddie in the cross dressing pageant and say "I'd hit it".

I'm surprised at how much humour this game has compared to P3.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »

makes things a bit more... interesting than in EU3.

In Nomine + Magna Mundi = wet dream.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: