Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 07:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319236 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 293248 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: June 14, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »

Just beat a Dragon Zombie in Riviera. Now I have the key to the underworld.

Otherwise not much due to school/job opportunities.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1501 on: June 14, 2009, 10:12:24 PM »

Played some MGS2 today for a few hours. I just finished freezing the bombs in the Big Shell. I'm enjoying the game a lot more this time around.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1502 on: June 14, 2009, 10:31:39 PM »

Been playing Planescape: Torment, and I regret having written this off earlier, although it still deserves two swift kicks in the nad for having used the word 'ichor'. Twice. Which is why two k... y... Oh nevermind.

Everything about it shows a greater sense of clarity than BG2 so far. I mean, still really early on in it, but... visually it's cleaner, stylistically it's more constant, the battles aren't as... like, I don't feel like I need to be a DnD nerd to get it, and the non-linearity isn't nearly as uncontrolled as BG2 felt sometimes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:45 PM »

SRT: 1 hour.  Best.  Boss battle.  Ever.  The character-specific lines were a nice touch.

PSII:  I'm on the last floor of the first dungeon.  Hope I can finish it this run or I will have to start all over again.  I had forgotten just how dumb the AI is for picking targets.  Sure, use your kill in one blow physical attack on a monster with one HP! 

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: June 15, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »

I have 50% completion in InFamous I think. I played it all day yesterday and a little today before work. Easily the most fun I have had all year. I like doing all the random side quests and just going around exploring the city and trashing it to pieces with all my awesome powers. This is definitely the open world game I have been waiting for. GTA can suck it.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: June 15, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »

I'm going to pretend that being a janitor is a videogame !!

Today I shampooed the remaining to (smallish) rooms in the office we started working on yesterday. My other party members were cleaning furniture and waxing floors. Afterwards I spent some time grinding on furniture cleaning until I learned a new skill: Changing flourescent lightbulbs. This is sort of a combo-attack though since you need two people to do it: one to change the lights, and one to hand the bulbs up. Unless, of course, you selected the race "Pole" at character creation, just because this whole setup wasn't quite long enough for a Richard Simmons joke.

In plamescape tournament I keep doing sidequests. Like, I did this quest for a guy looking for a guy looking for a ear cause he had his fork and it was a key and another quest that I don't really remember what it entailed. I don't really remember what I was doing this morning either. I like the tattoo system a lot !! I'm also interested in picking up the Warrior class for TNO for a bit so that I can use the swingy axe thingies. I got a ttatoo atht increases acuracy so punches connect now but Morte is my main damage. I really liked the sidequest with the guy that had to remember the scity. I can emphathize with that.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: June 15, 2009, 11:24:05 PM »

Slowly but surely advancing in Class of Heroes.  I can now descend into the Labyrinth levels of dungeons, and my EXP and gold gain rates have gone through the roof.

I also think I figured out how the Alchemist works.  I was flipping through the yearbook and noticed that items have levels, and that many of them are actually really high.  I'm assuming you have to be at or above the level of the item to make it.  And given the absolutely ludicrous EXP needed to raise Alchemist levels, this seems like kind of a fail class.  I'm currently trying to decide if I want him to change majors or if I want to keep him around for appraising and +item drops.  I could probably switch him to Bishop(Or bring in a fresh Bishop) and get the exact same usefulness, except that I'd be able to auto-kill undead and appraise at a much better rate.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: June 16, 2009, 12:04:31 AM »

Finished Valkyria Chronicles..... three times through! I am in absolute love with this game. <3 Downloaded the EX Mode Skirmishes, Edy's, and Selvaria's missions off of PSN. Will give those a shot at some point.

Also getting Siren: Blood Curse from PSN, 'cause despite the terrible localization of the original, I actually kinda liked it. :P Looking forward to delving into this version.

Also picked up MGS4 for $15, and borrowing RE5 off a friend.

Guess I'll be on the PS3 a lot more, whenever I'm not busy this summer.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: June 16, 2009, 06:16:07 AM »

Last Remnant - Grinding skull scavengers.  My guys are terribly weak.  This will hopefully fix that.

FFXI - Started it up again.  Currently levelling...  Fucking warrior.  :P

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1509 on: June 16, 2009, 06:23:23 AM »

Chapter Six in Riviera. That is all.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1510 on: June 16, 2009, 06:43:20 AM »

Still trudging through Black Sigil.  The game's okay, but nothing fantastic.  As with the recently reviewed Science Girls!, Black Sigil is a game I really want to love, but can't bring myself to.  The random encounter rate and some bugs still bug me. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: June 16, 2009, 04:13:11 PM »

Prototype. /see "Prototype" topic/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: June 16, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »

PSII: boat ftw.  Game is much easier than I remember but I haven't quite hit the dungeon I stopped at originally.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1513 on: June 16, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »

plamescape tournament:

Just got Dathklon, the guy with the shfting metal weaponmg. we together did some more quests like the helping of a woman who were lost additionally to selling gold trinkets and bibbobs for moneys to buy an eyeball that is belong to TNO. I am levelled 5 now and have got axe proficiency to level ++. he is now use better weapon and hit good. MEN die at me !! This is very pleasant game to enjoyable.

My Life as a Janitor (DS Version) is one load and defeated groan.

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »

Decided to fight Nyx in Persona 3. Now I'm going through January making my way up that frozen-over hell known as the sixth block of Tartarus. :P

I need to finish these social links hella quick.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: