Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338774 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 308037 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: June 18, 2009, 12:46:24 AM »

Traded in MadWorld today because I decided I didn't really care for it, and finally bought Dragon Quest V. I've already played it for five hours. I love the beginning and was kind of shocked with how everything turned out.

Now I'm off to some tower to find a mirror.

But I'm actually thinking I liked the music for DQIV better. The dungeon and battle music in IV were just awesome and I'm not enjoying either all that much in V.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 18, 2009, 08:39:06 AM »

OK, I know this was like 3 pages ago, but I had to say: glad to see what was said about being evil in inFamous.  I think I can be a selfish jerk, even if I can't bring myself to eat puppies like some games want from the evil side.

I've been playing WAY too much of the 3D picross game on DS.  It's in Japanese, but the forced tutorials at the beginning were still good enough to tell me how to play.  Keep staying up at night to do just one more puzzle.  Have spent the last few days going back and doing puzzles over again where I made a mistake or two the first time around so that I can have a better rating, which I know is silly. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: June 18, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »

Spending most of my time with Devil Summoner 2, Crimson Gem Saga, FF8 and Infamous.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1518 on: June 18, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »

20 hours into Black Sigil.  This game has really grown on me. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: June 20, 2009, 07:56:15 PM »

In addition to the pile of games I've mentioned previously, I am also playing:

Bullet Witch!  It's alright, but if I had paid full price for it I'd be having a screaming fit right about now.  It's barely worth the $6 I paid.

Ninety Nine Nights!  It's Dynasty Warriors, but without entertainment value.  I paid $10 for it and lament every cent.

Persona 3!  I've already beaten this shit twice, but RPGFan's Twitter Twit has been talking about this game nonstop for weeks and it inspired me to take it up again.  Just finished summer school. :P

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1520 on: June 20, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »

I'm 25 hours into Black Sigil.  I think I'm a little over the 2/3's mark.  The game's grown on me and one of the annoyances I had with the game actually got resolved!  This game rewards patience big time.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: June 20, 2009, 11:17:26 PM »

Impulse buy: Picked up Eternal Sonata for the PS3. I gotta say... I'm enjoying it. Shouldn't have let all the naysayers stopped me from trying it all this time, after all I enjoyed Baten Kaitos and that's an oddball thing around here.

Probably gonna continue on later with Devil Summoner 2.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: June 20, 2009, 11:35:50 PM »

Spent my night wandering around aimlessly in Sacred 2...just exploring really.  I also completed some quests.  I'm so starved for story, I can't even remember what the story is really about :-P

I also picked Persona 4 back up, can't remember why I stopped playing (probably real life getting in the way), but I'm glad I'm playing it again.  Currently, in the video game dungeon. 

Train rides have included some quality time with Starfy.  It has its charm in a Kirby game sort of way.  Starfy has been a pretty easy game so far, some parts are just too easy, but I suppose that's why it has E for everyone stamped on the case ;-). 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: June 21, 2009, 01:39:42 AM »

I'm twelve hours into DQV and it looks like I'm almost to game's central event. Now I have to choose...

I'm liking it, but I'm not liking so much that it lacks a strong cast of characters. Until just the last hour I've been running around with nothing but recruited monsters for the five or six preceding hours. The inclusion of party talk this time around had me excited, but all I've been getting from my party are "purrs" and "Eeny Meeny." So far I think I actually like DQIV better, I just wish Square had included the party talk in the English version. GAH!

Anyway, I recruited a monster (forgot the specific name, but it is one of the "Bag" variety), and it rocks. Its defense is at 200 and its attack is at 102 and it is only at level five! Its stat increases when it levels up are quite awesome as well. Its wisdom is awful, so it doesn't always do what I tell it to, but most of its offensive spells are quite useful so it doesn't really matter what it does. I'm thinking its possible it may require a lot of experience to level up, but as long as its stats stay the way they are I don't think that will be a problem for a long time to come.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: June 21, 2009, 04:36:08 AM »

I'm twelve hours into DQV and it looks like I'm almost to game's central event. Now I have to choose...

I'm liking it, but I'm not liking so much that it lacks a strong cast of characters. Until just the last hour I've been running around with nothing but recruited monsters for the five or six preceding hours. The inclusion of party talk this time around had me excited, but all I've been getting from my party are "purrs" and "Eeny Meeny." So far I think I actually like DQIV better, I just wish Square had included the party talk in the English version. GAH!

Anyway, I recruited a monster (forgot the specific name, but it is one of the "Bag" variety), and it rocks. Its defense is at 200 and its attack is at 102 and it is only at level five! Its stat increases when it levels up are quite awesome as well. Its wisdom is awful, so it doesn't always do what I tell it to, but most of its offensive spells are quite useful so it doesn't really matter what it does. I'm thinking its possible it may require a lot of experience to level up, but as long as its stats stay the way they are I don't think that will be a problem for a long time to come.

Most of the playable cast doesn't show up until after the second timeskip.

As for your Jewelbag pet there enjoy the next two levels with it. There the only ones you have left to get.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: June 21, 2009, 05:00:25 AM »

I finally got some time to play Tales of the Abyss! The story has been predictable so far, but out of all Tales game I've played I'd say this one has the best characters and story. I love Jade <3
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: June 21, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »

I finally got some time to play Tales of the Abyss! The story has been predictable so far, but out of all Tales game I've played I'd say this one has the best characters and story. I love Jade <3

Pretty much. 

PSII - boy, that dungeon that gave me fits was a piece of cake this time (even finished it my first attempt!).  The boss took a few tries though.  I put in like a few more hours and now I'm at the start of a new area that at first had me wondering what I needed to do to progress, but a random conversation told me what I needed, so now I have to follow that.  The monsters are getting pretty tough now, and running away is tough.  I had two beat the living hell out of me when I tried to run after Rudo bit the dust.  Too many enemies with high armor values. -_-

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: June 21, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »

Spent my night wandering around aimlessly in Sacred 2...just exploring really.  I also completed some quests.  I'm so starved for story, I can't even remember what the story is really about :-P

I also picked Persona 4 back up, can't remember why I stopped playing (probably real life getting in the way), but I'm glad I'm playing it again.  Currently, in the video game dungeon. 

Train rides have included some quality time with Starfy.  It has its charm in a Kirby game sort of way.  Starfy has been a pretty easy game so far, some parts are just too easy, but I suppose that's why it has E for everyone stamped on the case ;-). 

I agree with you about Sacred 2.

My enthusiasm with this game has quickly lost steam. The world is too open ended and non linear to focus my enjoyment. I actually put it down for Enchanted Arms...
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: June 21, 2009, 03:10:16 PM »

I beat inFamous and got the good side ending. Totally wasn't expecting that to happen. I'm gonna play through an evil record now. I got 50% of the trophies on my first playthrough.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: June 21, 2009, 09:11:06 PM »

Last Remnant is retarded.  I need to finish a storyline battle to recruit someone for grinding purposes, but the problem is, I can't level up too high, or I retard her growth.  So I need to be very careful how high I level my dudes or I can't use her efficiently.  So I need to recruit her and level her, EXCEPT I CAN'T CAUSE I'M NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO BEAT THIS MANDATORY FIGHT.

Square.  Thank you for trying something new.  But fuck you for not being cohesive.

*Loads up Shining Force.  THE ORIGINAL ONE.*

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: