Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:49:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331482 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304364 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: June 23, 2009, 08:55:52 PM »

Still haven't got to the end of the fuckin' world in P3. I must be level 83 yet STILL I'm running around Tartarus for whatever reason. But I managed to actually fuse some Personae.. some really awesome ones in fact :P

S-link with Mitsuru is 8 though and maaaaaan this link is interesting. My favorite one so far. :P DRAMAZ

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1546 on: June 24, 2009, 03:06:18 AM »

I spent some time with Ghostbusters today and I enjoyed it quite a bit. They got the whole "ghost wrangling" thing down pretty well and the story and voice acting are really well done. I estimate i'm close to the halfway point. I haven't tried online yet and I doubt I will.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1547 on: June 24, 2009, 07:10:15 AM »

BATTLE TWO IN SHINING FORCE.

THE OVERWORLD MUSIC ROCKS YOUR COCKS.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1548 on: June 24, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »

About 35 hours in Enchanted Arms, game says about 85% done.

I've enjoyed this game more than most RPGs this gen, not sure what that says about this game or the others...

It's just average, but has some endeering qualities, and is fun to play, which I think is the most important part of any game.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1549 on: June 24, 2009, 01:09:42 PM »

I think I'm gonna give up on Bulletwitch for awhile. Normal mode kicks my ass. D:

Played through MGS4 a bunch of times. It was a fun ride, but I think I still have mixed feelings about it. Mainly because dicking around with the Stealth Camo isn't quite as fun as it was in the previous games. :P

Got some blue crystal breaking thing in SRT OG Endless Frontier. The dialogue is starting to annoy me for some reason. Maybe because every second sentence is just some random insult to each other. It has its moments though. Trying to chase some cat-tank thing in a desert now.

Just waiting on SMT: Devil Survivor, and Blazblue now.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1550 on: June 24, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »

Fable II - Not sure how many hours I've played so far, but I just made it to Westcliff for the first time. Not sure what I think about Brianne..I mean...whatshername...the warrior woman hero person.
I need to get to buying some shops or houses or something to get the cash rolling in.
There are parts of this game I love and parts that, like the first Fable, I could do without. I find in this game, unlike in Mass Effect, I dread talking to people and traversing towns. Its all rather convoluted and annoying. All the yapping drives me crazy,too.
Perhaps if I played the game as a more evil character I would find it more fun.
Plus the "story" is pretty much non-existent.
I enjoy the whole "adventuring" part of the game the most; where I'm just kicking ass, finding treasure, and enjoying the scenery.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1551 on: June 24, 2009, 02:29:48 PM »

Tales of the Abyss is taking up most of my days. Tales of the Abyss and Walk with me. Someone had to "play" and review that thing and I'm kinda happy it is me. The alternative was Tales of Vesperia and I don't want to play two Tales games at once or put TotA away for a while.

Tales of the Abyss - One gate left to go and then it's time for the final dungeon, I think. I want to do some grade farming so I can get 10x Exp on my next playthrough.

Walk with me - Reached the goal the game set for me before noon. Yay for me!
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1552 on: June 24, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »

Ugh, I put Blue Dragon down and just started dabbling in random games.

Shadows of the Colllosus:  FRUSTRATING because the dude won't hold on. I'm holding R1 down, is there anything else I'm supposed to be doing when the colossus starts freaking out? On the second one.

Shining in the Darkness: Completely out-of-the-blue urge to play this. I never beat it, but I remember getting quite far. I think I got fed up when they started introducing holes in the floors.

Metal Gear Solid 1: Never played the series at all, and my god I suck at this game. Plus the graphics make it hard to play on my hdtv. But the dialogue/story is top-notch for a PS1 game.

I'm feeling very non-commital with all each one of these games, I might just pick Blue Dragon back up.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1553 on: June 24, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

PSII: Damn if some of these later dungeons don't have some hard hitter monsters.  Anyway, I hope I'm done with ye olde fetch quest because navigating some of these places is insane.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1554 on: June 24, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

PSII: Damn if some of these later dungeons don't have some hard hitter monsters.  Anyway, I hope I'm done with ye olde fetch quest because navigating some of these places is insane.

Muzak.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 24, 2009, 11:47:29 PM »

Persona 3, beat Nyx.
Code:
What in the HELL did the MC DO exactly in that very last battle? That whole post-beating the Nyx Avatar stuff that happened is all..weird. Like the MC going up to the moon and fighting Nyx and whatnot.

I got to graduation.. I still don't like Aigis.

Idk.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:19:34 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1556 on: June 24, 2009, 11:50:29 PM »

SMT day for me, played Devil Summoner 2, Persona 2 Tsumi and Devil Survivor. Survivor kicks so much ass, I'm gonna put Tierkreis on hold for this.
littlewing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1557 on: June 25, 2009, 09:10:10 AM »

Finished Gradriel's story in Princess Crown. I was pleasantly surprised there wasn't the obligatory annoying final dungeon, just the boss fight(s). :D I still have the other characters' books to do, but I don't really have the motivation at the moment, will force myself to complete the game later.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1558 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »

Team Fortress 2 and Legend of Mana. I just beat LoM, like, three minutes ago, and it's going back on my shelf for a good long while. I didn't really like it at all, to be quite honest. Battle system was a bore, none of the story elements made any fucking sense, heck, I didn't even understand who the final boss was. "Darrr, I am the light and dark, both together in combination. Defeat meeee!" Uh, okay.

Oh yeah, and I also played through Portal. That game was awwwweeeeesome (even on my craptastic-laptop)!
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1559 on: June 25, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »

PSII: Complete!  Wasn't sure how I was going to get past a few of those last enemies, but it worked out.  But man, some of the dialogue was almost completely unreadable.  I wonder if this was an issue exclusive to the PSP version?  Have to say the game is much easier on the whole though than I remember, but then playing a game approximately 16 years later will lead to slightly different reactions.

Anyway, I started PSIII, which reminded me again why this game is the worst game of the series.  I finished up most of the scenarios back on the genesis, but I'd rather not play PSIV yet because it's awesome and I'm in no hurry to play Sword of Vermillion even though I haven't finished that yet.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: