Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:47:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318868 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 292931 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1560 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »

Persona 3, beat Nyx.
Code:
What in the HELL did the MC DO exactly in that very last battle? That whole post-beating the Nyx Avatar stuff that happened is all..weird. Like the MC going up to the moon and fighting Nyx and whatnot.

I got to graduation.. I still don't like Aigis.

Idk.

It's supposed to represent

Code:
His soul going to fight and seal Nyx.  The post-battle stuff leading up to the graduation ceremony is him using all of his remaining self to keep his promise to the rest of the team, after which he passes away from the strain of sealing Nyx back inside himself.  If you have FES and play through The Answer it'll clear up some of this stuff and you'll end up with a slightly happier ending

Edit: In other news, I'm playing Devil Survivor and Flower, Sun, and Rain.  Devil Survivor is much more fun to play so I'm likely going to focus mostly on that.

One thing that bothers me is that there's no flavor text for the demons anymore.  I always loved reading their little histories in the compendiums, and especially now that there's a lot of really old and/or new demons it really bothers me that it's missing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 07:49:30 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: June 25, 2009, 08:04:15 PM »

Hey. The first two names in your name are "generic"...

And I kept parsing that as geriatric. Whoops.

Also got Devil Summoner. just started playing it. Named my MC "Yulan" after a subgenus of asian magnolias. The music reminds me of the music from Caverns of Zeux. Also goddamn did they get the Bleach guy doing character art or something.

Music also reminds me of SimIsle. Damn.

---edit---

Wow this game DOES get hard fast.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 11:15:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: June 26, 2009, 12:18:49 AM »

Hey. The first two names in your name are "generic"...

And I kept parsing that as geriatric. Whoops.

You should see how many people ask me what branch of the Military I'm from, because they've never heard of a General Eric Gui.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: June 26, 2009, 05:02:29 AM »

Team Fortress 2 and Legend of Mana. I just beat LoM, like, three minutes ago, and it's going back on my shelf for a good long while. I didn't really like it at all, to be quite honest. Battle system was a bore, none of the story elements made any fucking sense, heck, I didn't even understand who the final boss was. "Darrr, I am the light and dark, both together in combination. Defeat meeee!" Uh, okay.

LoM's story is at it's best when you're ending two of the three main story arcs. Otherwise it's almost entirely forgettable.

Anyways I'm sooo f@#$ing close to finishing Lunar 1 that I can taste it. Currently at the fifth floor of the Magic Emperor's castle. Too bad my schedule is shit right now.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
littlewing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: June 26, 2009, 06:54:01 AM »

I was playing through Edward's story in Princess Crown but then the game froze (again!)

Code:
just after beating the black dragon (boss) WTF!

I think I'm dumping this one!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: June 26, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »

I'm gonna grab Devil Survivor on the way to work tonight, but more importantly grabbed up a SNES today, yeah!

Now, I just need a game that's not SF II Turbo.  :P

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: June 26, 2009, 03:19:12 PM »

Well, I randomly felt like playing Shining Force, so I tried it out for the first time. Needless to say, it's pretty fun. Though, I thought to myself that it'd be cool to have this on the GBA and magically, there actually is a remake. So I went out and grabbed that for 8 bucks and now I'm going to start over. Other than that I've been playing Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor and Persona 2 Tsumi.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: June 26, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »

Well, I randomly felt like playing Shining Force, so I tried it out for the first time. Needless to say, it's pretty fun. Though, I thought to myself that it'd be cool to have this on the GBA and magically, there actually is a remake. So I went out and grabbed that for 8 bucks and now I'm going to start over. Other than that I've been playing Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor and Persona 2 Tsumi.

This makes me happy.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1568 on: June 26, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »

LoM's story is at it's best when you're ending two of the three main story arcs. Otherwise it's almost entirely forgettable.

LoM used to be my favorite game and now, like most Square games I liked when I was younger, I don't really like it. So much for nostalgia.

Also it looks like Devil Survivor WILL recquire some grinding ;(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:19:37 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: June 27, 2009, 02:03:49 AM »

Also it looks like Devil Survivor WILL recquire some grinding ;(

Yeah, you'll definitely have to grind occasionally, but it's the final chapter (at least the one I chose, anyway) that will really test you. =P

Anyway, instead of starting up Persona 4, Devil Summoner 2, Parasite Eve 2, or Grandia, I decided to do the logical thing and play through Metal Gear Solid 3 for the second time.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: June 27, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »

Still plugging away at DQV.  Still enjoying it quite a bit, though I'm annoyed by how much direction the game has lost over the last few hours. The only clues it gives you as to where you should go next are incredibly vague. All I find out about going back to Fairy Lea is that the entrance is in a forest somewhere in the world. Yea, that's helpful. So I've been using GameFAQs to progress. Hero is at level 27.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »

Damn it, forgot about the key item glitch in PS III, so I'm doing the second third of the game again.  Inventory space is too limited for 5 used slots!

Also, I managed to score Luminous Arc for $19, so I'll have to check it out later.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1572 on: June 27, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

I have blown off my game of Persona 3 to play:

Persona 4!  I'm not digging it anywhere near as much as I dig Persona 3, but it's still head and shoulders over the rest of the shit that Japan's vomited out lately.  I just rescued a leather daddy from a television!

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 28, 2009, 01:55:18 AM »

Persona 3, beat Nyx.
Code:
What in the HELL did the MC DO exactly in that very last battle? That whole post-beating the Nyx Avatar stuff that happened is all..weird. Like the MC going up to the moon and fighting Nyx and whatnot.

I got to graduation.. I still don't like Aigis.

Idk.

It's supposed to represent

Code:
His soul going to fight and seal Nyx.  The post-battle stuff leading up to the graduation ceremony is him using all of his remaining self to keep his promise to the rest of the team, after which he passes away from the strain of sealing Nyx back inside himself.  If you have FES and play through The Answer it'll clear up some of this stuff and you'll end up with a slightly happier ending

Yeah, I have FES.
Code:
I get that he used up almost all he had to seal Nyx away again, and died on graduation day after keeping the promise. I think a lot of it was me finishing that battle when I was really tired and going WTF. I guess what I didn't realize was that he sealed Nyx in HIMSELF, which makes me wonder, after he dies, can Nyx find a way out... I should just shut up and play The Answer. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
littlewing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: June 28, 2009, 04:07:40 AM »

Working my (slow) way through Tales of Eternia now. Mostly sidequesting, which sucks because I always get lost! Even with a world map and GPS I have no sense of direction. I want another evil puzzle dungeon and/or boss instead.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: