Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334788 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 306110 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: July 07, 2009, 01:31:16 AM »

Devil Survivor day 2 - that battle where you have to save those office people.. it SUCKS. HARD.

...I guess all I had to do was crack Fire Dance and the rest of it was easy. Oops.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:07:18 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1681 on: July 07, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

Devil Survivor day 2 - that battle where you have to save those office people.. it SUCKS. HARD.

...I guess all I had to do was crack Fire Dance and the rest of it was easy. Oops.

I crack and set as many dances / ma- spells as I can.  It's not uncommon for someone to have Elec, Fire, AND Ice Dance.

God damned resistances.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1682 on: July 07, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »

Fable II - That whole Spire sequence was bizarre. I liked the design of the place, though. Doing side quests and watching the money roll in after buying all sorts of shops and such. I suppose I should get back to doing the main quest. Gotta find the third Hero or something.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1683 on: July 07, 2009, 12:26:16 PM »

Overlord II. It's much better than the original and has some great humor. I'm also battling "The End" in MGS3. That guy is a douche...or I just suck.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1684 on: July 07, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »

Overlord II. It's much better than the original and has some great humor. I'm also battling "The End" in MGS3. That guy is a douche...or I just suck.

Wait 'til you go for a no-kill run. Stamina killing him is a total bitch.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1685 on: July 07, 2009, 03:38:16 PM »

Finished up Mana Khemia and Star Ocean: TLH finally. Good thing Star Ocean's battle system is super fun, otherwise I would have thrown my controller at the screen in frustration. I also started and finished .hack//G.U. Vol. 1. I don't think I'll do all the tedious extra stuffs, and will just go on to the next game. It is a fun game though, I'm liking it.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

I crack and set as many dances / ma- spells as I can.  It's not uncommon for someone to have Elec, Fire, AND Ice Dance.

God damned resistances.

Right now I have all but Force Dance between two of my characters. I effed up on cracking that one. man, the dances sure help a lot though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1687 on: July 07, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »

I started up Enchanted Arms since I forgot I owned it and I kind of want to give all the 'next-gen' RPG's a playthru before tons of crap starts getting released.  It's a pretty run of the mill RPG but I don't think it's bad.  I think it's actually kind of a parody of most RPG's, especially with there being a tutorial for nearly everything and the tutorial is ALWAYS simply to press A.  Climb a ladder?  Press A.  Move a block? Press A.  It's kind of funny, really.  I also enjoy the witty titles most NPC's have.  Like a girl who has overly large breasts is titled "Well-Bred Female".  I think I appreciate these small things too much, due to having played so many RPG's. :P

I also gave in and bought Fallout 3 on Steam for half off (25$).  I'm playing through it again, but this time I'm an evil bastard and I enjoy beating people to death with baseball bats if they oppose me.  Not to mention it was way overdue for me to actually buy a game that pushes my new computers specs, rather then playing WC3 DOTA and being the first to load only to have to wait for some guys Pentium II to take 45 seconds to load.

I tried to play Too Human, I honestly did.  But the camera angle and gameplay/controls are way too annoying for me to get into it.  I don't know if I'll even give it a second shot..the storyline doesn't seem too great either.  Good thing I only paid 10$ for it.

Edit: Since I just saw the banner on the front page, I've also been playing Pangya just about everyday.  It's basically another Gunbound type of game but it's fairly enjoyable for an anime golf game.  Easy to get into and not that time consuming.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:04:31 PM by Masamune » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1688 on: July 07, 2009, 07:34:52 PM »

Or you could just wait it out.

Code:
Old age ftw!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1689 on: July 07, 2009, 08:09:17 PM »

Currently downloading the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island, can't wait!

I keep making my way through Neverwinter Nights 2 incredibly slowly but I always feel an overwhelming urge to put it down and do something else, perhaps because half the game is an epic struggle against the camera.

Also started Gothic II Gold, did a few quests outside Khorinis, I'm reluctant to go further as I can't decide which faction to join.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1690 on: July 07, 2009, 08:18:07 PM »

I didn't have much trouble with the first civie fight on day 2. The jar dragons never used dark wave, and I think I only had to heal a part of civies once.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1691 on: July 07, 2009, 08:31:35 PM »

I started up Enchanted Arms since I forgot I owned it and I kind of want to give all the 'next-gen' RPG's a playthru before tons of crap starts getting released.  It's a pretty run of the mill RPG but I don't think it's bad.  I think it's actually kind of a parody of most RPG's, especially with there being a tutorial for nearly everything and the tutorial is ALWAYS simply to press A.  Climb a ladder?  Press A.  Move a block? Press A.  It's kind of funny, really.  I also enjoy the witty titles most NPC's have.  Like a girl who has overly large breasts is titled "Well-Bred Female".  I think I appreciate these small things too much, due to having played so many RPG's. :P

I also gave in and bought Fallout 3 on Steam for half off (25$).  I'm playing through it again, but this time I'm an evil bastard and I enjoy beating people to death with baseball bats if they oppose me.  Not to mention it was way overdue for me to actually buy a game that pushes my new computers specs, rather then playing WC3 DOTA and being the first to load only to have to wait for some guys Pentium II to take 45 seconds to load.

I tried to play Too Human, I honestly did.  But the camera angle and gameplay/controls are way too annoying for me to get into it.  I don't know if I'll even give it a second shot..the storyline doesn't seem too great either.  Good thing I only paid 10$ for it.

Edit: Since I just saw the banner on the front page, I've also been playing Pangya just about everyday.  It's basically another Gunbound type of game but it's fairly enjoyable for an anime golf game.  Easy to get into and not that time consuming.

I just finished up EA for the Xbox and loved it. Basic, but enjoyable RPG.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1692 on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

DS Day 4 --
Code:
Keisuke's a fucking crybaby.  :P

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1693 on: July 07, 2009, 10:02:24 PM »

Persona 4 is beaten.  I'm satisfied overall, but the only other SMT related game I've played that I'd put it over is the original Persona.

I'm still in a MegaTen mood, though.  I'm thinking it's time I gave Digital Devil Saga another go...tomorrow. :P

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1694 on: July 07, 2009, 10:14:13 PM »

Or you could just wait it out.

Code:
Old age ftw!

Or you could just
Code:
kill him in the cutscene earlier on.

God damn, I love The End. =P
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: