Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 300284 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: July 16, 2009, 08:28:20 PM »

... Ok, I get it now. Go into the options and set the battle text to the fastest. You're THINKING you have to press the buttons when really it's being slower than necessary, you can't manually advance it either way.

Edit: I should clarify about different perspectives, though that could very well be negated by simply changing the battle text setting: I'm thinking more of a difference between the smaller picture (How often am I getting into battles?) and the larger (how quickly did I get through that dungeon?). It's worth pointing out too though that a lot of the maps in DQIV/V were shrunk or even simplified for the DS version, I've seen clear times for the PS1 version of DQIV at about 40 or 50 hours in contrast to the 20+ I've seen for the DS.

Edit 2: Looking back at the post I replied to previously I somehow didn't notice the word battle at all! I suck.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:52:32 PM by Eusis » Logged
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1801 on: July 16, 2009, 08:48:48 PM »

Sketch- I only got the worst bad ending in P4 when
Code:
you throw Namatame in the TV and Nanako dies.  It ends that way with Namatame being the killer and I got closure.
  Gen Eric still thinks I'm insane for being satisfied with that.  Of course, for fun, I'll venture a guess as to who the killer really is. 
Code:
Textbook examples would lead me to believe that it's a bumbling idiot you would least suspect, like Professor Quirrell in Harry Potter 1.  Therefore, I think it's someone lame like Adachi.  He's always around when the shit hits the fan and it's too coincidental that he keeps leaking information to the kids at inopportune times.  It's as if he's laying the bumbling idiot act on a wee bit thick. 
  Am I hot?  Cold? 

Wait, what!? You were satisfied with that? That's not even the real ending! How could you possibly be...okay with it? =P

Anyway, I don't really want to answer your question, since that'd take the fun out of discovering it yourself. Did you save over your game data after the credits rolled? If you didn't, you need to get the real ending, dude.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1802 on: July 16, 2009, 10:06:04 PM »

No thanks.  Burnt out on P4, plus I accidentally overwrote my save preceding the "pivotal' point.  'Sides, I have a couple of game projects in the pipe for RPGFan, one new and one retro so it'll be a while before I revisit P4. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 10:08:04 PM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 16, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »

I was warned Persona 4 would pull a, well, a Persona 3. I intend to have an extra save just for that.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1804 on: July 17, 2009, 02:40:45 AM »

About 20 hours into Beyond the Beyond and I'm now at the class changing station.

Btw Gen, you are a dirty liar. There was no monk after I ungimped that particular character or even before. And if I haven't seen any monk go by then it is impossible for there to be a monk. The cat was dead even before it entered the box and I spent hours looking all over creation for this mythical creature and if there's something to be observed then I would have observed it as I observed this game like the back of my hand (fake edit: damn when the hell did that get there), ergo there was never a monk in the first place, ergo your information was misleading, and ergo you are a dirty liar.

Also made my first attempt up the something something tor (which ended with me fleeing with what loot I was able to nab and a few extra levels) in FFTA2. I suspect I now have enough material to master at least Elementalist, and possibly Soldier, Warrior, and Fencer. All this at about 50 hours in.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: July 17, 2009, 08:19:15 AM »

@Eusis: Haha, changing the text speed helped.  Since when is 1 the fastest speed and not 5?

@Armoire: There most certainly is a Monk girl.  Do you have the ship yet?  I thought you got the ship right after the uncursing.  You should be able to reach the castle the Monk is at if you've got a ship.  Just be aware that she IS optional, like Tont was and a certain other character later will be, so the game isn't going to direct you to meet her at any point.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: July 17, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »

alright, so I'm actually starting to get burnt out on Fable II. I'm enjoying it still, but am starting get annoyed at the more obvious flaws. I'm tired of every friggin woman asking for a wedding ring for starters. Didn't someone play test this thing? I don't like going into towns because I'm constantly harassed. Maybe if I had gone more evil?
I'm really starting to rake in the cash, too.  I don't understand why they made it add up when your not playing. Makes it too easy to get rich.
I suppose I could stop screwing around with all the side quests and actually follow the story line, huh?

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:38 AM »

Finally beat the video game dungeon's boss in P4. I ended up fusing Personas and getting some hard to spell Persona that had Blade of Fury, so I used that, Assault signals and lots of spells. It was a long fight but thankfully I never have to do it again.

Why do I get the feeling that it's far from over? Oh yeah, because it's only August in my game.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1808 on: July 17, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »

You could have just fused Yatagarasu and saved yourself a lot of effort.  Null Fear makes the battle a joke.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 17, 2009, 08:41:45 PM »

I didn't have whatever it needed. Oh well, battle's over, so who cares at this point.

I cured fear/any other ailments as soon as my party caught any.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: July 17, 2009, 09:02:57 PM »

@Eusis: Haha, changing the text speed helped.  Since when is 1 the fastest speed and not 5?

@Armoire: There most certainly is a Monk girl.  Do you have the ship yet?  I thought you got the ship right after the uncursing.  You should be able to reach the castle the Monk is at if you've got a ship.  Just be aware that she IS optional, like Tont was and a certain other character later will be, so the game isn't going to direct you to meet her at any point.

Now that explains everything. I just got the ship right after taking the empire out back to be put down (which is pretty much the only thing that happens between the ungimpping and the ship).

Anyways the only update I have is to mention that I have someone who has mastered Soldier, another who mastered Elementalist, and one more who also mastered Fighter in FFTA2. Also I finally stole something of value from the Blue King guy that allows me to equip Ribbons to my Tinker. Also also I remembered that the tower mentioned in my last post was called Brightmoon Tor.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: July 17, 2009, 10:21:05 PM »

I postponed Digital Devil Saga in order to play The World Ends With You.

After an hour or so of playing that garbage, I went right back to DDS.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1812 on: July 17, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »

So what turned you off more?  Neku or the battle system? 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 17, 2009, 10:55:55 PM »

Persona 4: I'm amused that they're taking a school trip to Port Island (Persona 3 area).

Yeah, s'all I got. Ha.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: July 17, 2009, 11:06:35 PM »

So what turned you off more?  Neku or the battle system? 

Both.

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: