Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 306166 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: July 18, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »

Ascended all 60 floors in the Tower of Lost Holes in Soul Calibur IV.

Anyone want to do some boosting on the 360 version?  :D

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: July 18, 2009, 08:26:06 AM »

Beat Persona 4! 79 hours on the nose. True ending and all that.

I thought it was immaculate from start to finish. Characters were some of the most relateable and pleasant people that I've ever followed within a game. The ending had me quivering a bit because of my attachment to them. =P

So, P3 or P4? Tough call. I don't think I have an answer at this point.  It's astounding how good they both are.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:35:40 AM by Sketch » Logged
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1817 on: July 18, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »

I thought it was immaculate from start to finish. Characters were some of the most relateable and pleasant people that I've ever followed within a game. The ending had me quivering a bit because of my attachment to them. =P

So, P3 or P4? Tough call. I don't think I have an answer at this point.  It's astounding how good they both are.

Pretty much the same reaction I had after finishing.  They both have their merits on different levels, but they were both some of the best RPGs I've played.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: July 18, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »

Playing Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door for a site review (none of us are sure how this got missed).  Five years old and it is still awesome.  Might have to pack the GameCube with me when I catch my flight to work this week...

Also playing Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code (that's the second one) on the PSP for a review.  Definitely not as awesome.  I'm pretty much still enjoying myself, though.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1819 on: July 18, 2009, 09:32:00 PM »

Speaking of awesome old Mario RPGs, I put an hour into the GBA entry.  Never would have guessed a Mario game would open up with one of "those" scenes.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: July 18, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »

Ultima 4: Mostly trying to build up my money and food so I can do some dungeoneering. Actually, I also need reagents for healing and curing. And gems. I am *NOT SURE* where to buy these things.

Tales of the Abyss: Did Deo Pass up till the fight with Lagretta, and lost. I really can't find anything I like about this game. It's just Symphonia, only slow as fuck and with clunkier controls. I think I'll find a script to see if the writing ever stops being shit.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: July 19, 2009, 02:28:04 AM »

Lunar 2: A bit into the second disc. Leo's freakin' awesome:P

Devil Summoner 2: Just got into Tento Sanctuary

Onimusha: God damn that dub was awful, I'm glad that there's a Japanese audio track. Other than that, this game is pretty sweet.

Probably gonna follow up with some Persona 2 Tsumi.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:30:01 AM by Jet16 » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: July 19, 2009, 03:07:26 AM »

FFTA2: Clear some more missions, unlocked the Spellblade job, and mastered the following classes...
Soldier x 2
Fighter x 3
Juggler x 1

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1823 on: July 19, 2009, 06:38:44 AM »

I'm playing Virtua Quest for a site review. 

It sucks.  It's a shitty action RPG and epic fail as a Virtua Fighter game. 

I have a morbid fascination with bad gaming. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:19 AM »

Dawg you don't KNOW bad gaming till you've played Battlecruiser: Millennium.

Anyway, random comment about Dragon Quest 7 since it got mentioned. Not only is grinding unecessary in DQ7, doing it excessively will make the game harder and potentially unbeatable after around 30 hours or so when the job system opens up. At that point, your skills and jobs matter more than anything, and you advance in jobs by getting JP, which are dished out based on your level relative to the enemy's. So, if you're at a fairly lowish level, your jobs will advance pretty fast.

I mean in my game, at 60 hours, nobody is higher than level 19. Which means that I gain about three experience levels per every 20 hours or so*. I'm not really sure if this is supposed to be the way it's supposed to work but... uh... it is for me.

(I didn't think DQ7 was that slow either. Some of the opening bits are, as is... Deyja, and that Time Warp town if you don't know what to do because then you get stuck [and have to consult a FAQ and that involves reading and I'm illiterate because I live in Ohio and went to public school so I have to like sound everything out and it's like "G... O... GO H... E... R... E... HO HURRY?"] but outside of that I thought it wasn't particularly slow. And they're not any "Well let's spend 20 minutes talking to everyone on a confined vehicle" bits, or endless cutscene explosions.)

* I determined this without using math, somehow. Huh.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:27:22 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: July 19, 2009, 01:19:51 PM »

Persona 4: Secret laboratory, backtracking to fight the dungeon's first boss.

Having lots of good luck with social links lately.

Edit: Nice. Now that the fox's healing services are actually affordable, I can do a dungeon in one or two visits. :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:29:42 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1826 on: July 19, 2009, 03:58:12 PM »

Dawg you don't KNOW bad gaming till you've played Battlecruiser: Millennium.

Anyway, random comment about Dragon Quest 7 since it got mentioned. Not only is grinding unecessary in DQ7, doing it excessively will make the game harder and potentially unbeatable after around 30 hours or so when the job system opens up. At that point, your skills and jobs matter more than anything, and you advance in jobs by getting JP, which are dished out based on your level relative to the enemy's. So, if you're at a fairly lowish level, your jobs will advance pretty fast.

I mean in my game, at 60 hours, nobody is higher than level 19. Which means that I gain about three experience levels per every 20 hours or so*. I'm not really sure if this is supposed to be the way it's supposed to work but... uh... it is for me.

(I didn't think DQ7 was that slow either. Some of the opening bits are, as is... Deyja, and that Time Warp town if you don't know what to do because then you get stuck [and have to consult a FAQ and that involves reading and I'm illiterate because I live in Ohio and went to public school so I have to like sound everything out and it's like "G... O... GO H... E... R... E... HO HURRY?"] but outside of that I thought it wasn't particularly slow. And they're not any "Well let's spend 20 minutes talking to everyone on a confined vehicle" bits, or endless cutscene explosions.)

* I determined this without using math, somehow. Huh.

The first two hours of gameplay is entirely dedicated to running back and forth from the town, the kingdom, and the dungeon which has no enemies but several puzzles. Then of course there's the warping back and forth through time to clear out most dungeons at least twice. You also forgot about Lefa and the maze in a maze disguised with another maze (and then you have to go through it again). There's also the agony of Past Dharma.

Also as long as you don't go overboard with levels (anything above 40 is overboard) you can grind classes almost anywhere.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1827 on: July 19, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »

The first two hours of gameplay is entirely dedicated to running back and forth from the town, the kingdom, and the dungeon which has no enemies but several puzzles.

I didn't find that particularly slow. It probably would've been slow if it had had random battles, but it doesn't.

Then of course there's the warping back and forth through time to clear out most dungeons at least twice.

I thougt that was only the first couple of islands, and after a certain point either the future dungeons change or are replaced by other dungeons or you're just doing stuff in the towns.

There's also the agony of Past Dharma.

Wait, I meant that. Deja is just a bunch of really short cave dungeons. wupz

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: July 19, 2009, 05:05:54 PM »

FFVI - 1.5 hours on the GBA version.  Not really digging the changes so far, but it's pretty early.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1829 on: July 19, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »

Edit: Nice. Now that the fox's healing services are actually affordable, I can do a dungeon in one or two visits. :P

You're welcome. :P  And as for me:

DDS:  Post-ship business.

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: