Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334650 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 305915 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1830 on: July 19, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »

So what turned you off more?  Neku or the battle system? 

Both.

Figured.  Battle system will always be a bitch, but Neku won't be:P  The kid becomes less of a dickwad after the first chapter (and there's actually a decent reason why he's initially a dickwad) and develops somewhat believably, but unless you have the patience to endure him for those first few hours...

Regardless, Neku is 197% more favorable than Sei in Virtua Quest.  Sei's an incompetent moron who just repeats back what everyone else says to him and is just a complete follower dummy. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1831 on: July 19, 2009, 11:29:16 PM »

Damn Onimusha was good, but it was so short. Ys I took me longer than that. Well, Onimusha 2 is up next. I can't believe I didn't backtrack this series before as I really liked Dawn of Dreams.

Edit: FUCK, not this damn shit voice acting again. You could change the voice acting to Japanese in the first one so why skip it here? Well, at least the voice track volume is a different one than the S.E. volume so I can turn it off. Seriously, there should be a turn voice acting off option in every single game. Or at least do dual.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:55:04 PM by Jet16 » Logged
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1832 on: July 20, 2009, 12:58:03 AM »

Bought, played, and beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  Jesus Christ that was the most left-field final reveal I've seen in years, possibly in ever.

"Ok, we're fighting PIRATES in the CARRIBEAN.  FUCK YEAH."
"Oh, ok.  They called in their Colombian overlord and he's got a military force.  Ok, makes sense."
"Why the fuck am I in a Nazi bunker?"
"OK, who let zombie mutants into this game?  How the hell does this even make sense anymore?"

I mean, srsly.  I think I would have enjoyed the game a lot more if they had just made me fight the Colombian overlord guy and let me take the treasure.  That said, game was still amazing and I can't wait for the sequel.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1833 on: July 20, 2009, 01:24:55 AM »

Went looking through my backlog of games to find a game to play while I wait on my 360 to get back from repairs. I decided on Odin Sphere. I played it for about an hour tonight. It's pretty hard if you ask me. Oswald is major cool. It's too bad you can start as him (or can you? I just some how got Gwendolyn).

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 20, 2009, 01:43:37 AM »

Persona 4 early October:
Code:
Did Atlus REALLY expect us to believe even for a second that Naoto was actually male? Ahahahah no.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1835 on: July 20, 2009, 04:37:26 AM »

Persona 4 early October:
Code:
Did Atlus REALLY expect us to believe even for a second that Naoto was actually male? Ahahahah no.

Honestly,
Code:
I totally thought she was a dude. I immediately knew that her voice actor was female, but since animes/games mix and match their voice actors' and charatcers' genders all the time (Ash from Pokemon, for example), I just thought it was another case of...that. Never did it occur to me that Naoto's feminine voice could potentially mean that, you know, he's a she. =P

Also, I'm excited for you. You're about to get to the good stuff (as if the last fifty hours weren't awesome =P)!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:40:16 AM by Sketch » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: July 20, 2009, 04:47:33 AM »

Honestly,
Code:
I totally thought she was a dude. I immediately knew that her voice actor was female, but since animes/games mix and match their voice actors' and charatcers' genders all the time (Ash from Pokemon, for example), I just thought it was another case of...that. Never did it occur to me that Naoto's feminine voice could potentially mean that, you know, he's a she. =P

Also, I'm excited for you. You're about to get to the good stuff (as if the last fifty hours weren't awesome =P)!
Good point. I thought of that too, but my suspicions were too strong from the start. Heh.

Haha yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing how the story and all that adds up. I'm in early November now. The night at Amagi Inn was good, though it feels like they were mostly trying to do something like Persona 3's Kyoto visit.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1837 on: July 20, 2009, 05:41:37 AM »

Persona 4 early October:
Code:
It was more convincing in the JP version. XD

-----
Anywho, picked up Lost Odyssey again and got the rest of the achievements that I missed (Backyard Brawls and Skill Master with the Immortals). I don't think I'm going to bother with Treasure Trove though. :P

And with that, Lost Odyssey is out of the way. I think I'll finish off The Last Remnant, since I took a good long break from that.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1838 on: July 20, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »

I decided to give Grandia another go. Last time I played, the game froze up on me about four hours in--right after Justin
gets on the steamer and heads off to the New Continent--and I wasn't able to get past the glitch no matter what I did. Unfortunately, it decided to do the same thing during this play through, so there's another handful of hours down the drain.

It sucks. The copy is brand spankin' new; disc looks impeccable. Maybe I'll try playing it on a friend's PS2 slim and see how that goes.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1839 on: July 20, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »

Went looking through my backlog of games to find a game to play while I wait on my 360 to get back from repairs. I decided on Odin Sphere. I played it for about an hour tonight. It's pretty hard if you ask me. Oswald is major cool. It's too bad you can start as him (or can you? I just some how got Gwendolyn).

Nope, you always start as Gwendolyn.  I think it goes Gwen, Cornelius, Mercedes, Oswald, and Velvet before the final come-together.  Not a spoiler since they're all in the instruction manual in that order.  And, yes, even easy mode can be brutal.  Cornelius was a personal favorite, except his final dungeon was unbalanced. 

Virtua Quest still sucks. 

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1840 on: July 20, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

I postponed Digital Devil Saga in order to play The World Ends With You.

After an hour or so of playing that garbage, I went right back to DDS.

I thought the same way about TWEWY.

Has a cool premise, but the hectic gameplay and inaccurate stylus controls, along with a pissant of a main character made me drop this game pretty quick.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 20, 2009, 01:25:14 PM »

Persona 4 early October:
Code:
It was more convincing in the JP version. XD

Hahaha, someone told me the exact same thing on my Lj this morning. XD

Now in early November. I haven't fought in a long time so now I'm doing so only to fill requests.

I guess I'll be done this game fairly soon...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1842 on: July 20, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »

Nope, you always start as Gwendolyn.  I think it goes Gwen, Cornelius, Mercedes, Oswald, and Velvet before the final come-together.  Not a spoiler since they're all in the instruction manual in that order.  And, yes, even easy mode can be brutal.  Cornelius was a personal favorite, except his final dungeon was unbalanced. 

Virtua Quest still sucks. 

That sucks. I want to play as Oswald right now.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1843 on: July 20, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »

Got Tetris DS yesterday.

Now I have Tetris DS!

More to come on Tetris DS in the next update (or not).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1844 on: July 20, 2009, 05:39:35 PM »

Weirdest thing just happened in Virtua Quest.  I was taking the Intermediate Hunter Test and failing miserably at it because the control and camera sucks.  Anyway, on one attempt I sneezed and must've pressed some button because the next thing that happened was I got a "Congratulations, you passed!" and I never even did the trial.  I have no idea how that happened or how I can recreate my actions. 

Nice little glitch, there.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: