Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 04:09:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331782 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304511 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1845 on: July 20, 2009, 06:38:39 PM »

Nice. Sneeze-recognition.

Gratz on breaking the fourth wall, Neal! =P
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: July 20, 2009, 07:40:53 PM »

i haves a-lately been playing me some riviera and cima because i enjoy these games, and in cima i am in the strange land where suddenly character weight matters a whole bunch and i'm bad at this because you need to use people as math which I find unethical and I am also bad at math but this is necessary for trigger switches to lower gates so that progress may be achieved and what is a man such as me to stand in the way of progress?

I think I'm in the third dungeon in Riviera, now. Just got uh... the black haired chick wizard with the flutterwings, and I'm in the dungeon after that. With the mushrooms. Mushies are so cute :3

Oh, also getting money for reagents in U4, and I got Katrina which I sort of... I don't know why because she sucks a bunch of dicks because she's a shepherd and shepherds are the damn uselesst. also my notes compared to my U6 and U7 notes which I had by towns organized are not nearly as clear as I just wrote stuff generally and anyway like now I missed sutff and the world is confusing and big and boats aren't easy to find. I think I lost my magic carpet in U7. Why am I do this :(

I also played Devil Survivor briefly. I went into the demonic auction, and saw something I just had to have. It was a nekomata. So I said hey pretty lady won't you give me a sign, I'd give anything to make you mine all mine...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:05:55 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1847 on: July 21, 2009, 04:38:36 AM »

Ugh, Cima. I got a little bit into it and could not get past some dragon after the second boss or something. The game got too outlandishly hard for me to keep playing.

Also, I was digging through a drawer recently looking for a game for a certain person to send to them, and I found a fucking unopened copy of Shining Force remake for the GBA! I am so totally playing this, screw everything else for now.

I also purchased the Penny Arcade game Episode II, and it's been super-duper fun times. I'd give the game a 7/10 solely because nothing about it is ground breaking or truly engaging, but it's fun, funny, entertaining, and very enjoyable every time I play it. There's nothing WRONG with it, but there's nothing truly amazing about it either. I like that though, it's a game that knows what it is, and doesn't try to be anything but a good fun time with colorful, fun atmosphere and Penny Arcade-ism.

I've definitely laughed some great laughs playing it, and definitely found myself going out of my way to locate spare parts to upgrade my weapons instead of just rushing through it. I'll likely play through it again as a male, as I'm currently playing as a hotass black chick.

As for Odin Sphere, putting it on hold right now while I suffer endlessly from acute tonsillitis. I need a non-action-based gameplay game for now as I'm pretty drugged out of my mind. Fucking amazing game though, fun as hell, and hard as fuck. I love how the game designers KNEW the game was hard, and let you retry if you die in a stage.

A tip for playing as Gwen: try to avoid down+attack when you're facing a swarm of enemies. It might seem like a good idea, but when it's a LOT of enemies, you're best off throwing out a Cyclone and then charging into them while they're stunned. Cyclone is a great skill when used properly. Also, don't be afraid to use your cypher skills. You can only hold so many at a time, and you'll be absorbing phozons to level your weapon as it is. Don't waste time with the Invisible one though, it really just serves no purpose. You can't hit anybody while it's active. The only time it'll ever be useful is if you pop a Regeneration potion as a last resort, or if you plant a Rosemile and let it feed a seed.

Very rarely if ever should you need it, and once you learn Phozon Release, that should be one of the only ones you ever use. Equip a Spirit Orb and use Phozon Release for bonus exp, making leveling your weapon pretty easy, as you're effectively gaining 2.3x the exp per phozon absorbed with this method. Keep one or two charges free to feed a seed if you need it though, a reserve is always a good idea once you learn that skill.

Also as far as FFTA2 goes, I still remember fighting the Red bitch and getting owned. I got a few levels, went back, and somehow cleared every single one of those quests on my first try. The moogle was easily the hardest of the lot, as the battle took about an hour for me to pull off, winning with only a bangaa monk left using Air Rend for the killshot. Utterly ridiculously hard fight. The Nu-Mou Sage was actually a cakewalk compared to that guy, though I did have to use some pretty rare recovery items to do it.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: July 21, 2009, 11:25:42 AM »

Dilemma afoot! I have also found an unopened Lunar: Legend for the GBA as well. I dunno what the fuck one of these to play now... damn.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1849 on: July 21, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »

Ugh, Cima. I got a little bit into it and could not get past some dragon after the second boss or something. The game got too outlandishly hard for me to keep playing.

Oh, it gets way easier after that. Partially cause the dragon's stupid hard, partially cos new guys you get make more useful items.

I need a non-action-based gameplay game for now as I'm pretty drugged out of my mind

Tong Nou, motherfucker. Perfect game for when you're drugged.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 21, 2009, 07:46:50 PM »

Persona 4: still filling requests. :P

Maxed Strength, Sun (drama), Hierophant (I love the Dojima S. link) and uh.. some other one. Close to but not yet maxed most of my SEES teammates links. Started Naoto's S. link, but I have the awful feeling I won't be able to complete that one.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: July 21, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »

Just about done with SCIV.  Just missing three achievements.  All online ones.  Trolling players with Taki's high, sweep, high kick combo.  Knocking people out of the ring.  Causing them to curse loudly.  Muting my telly.  Loooooooooooooooooooooooool.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1852 on: July 21, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »

I'm still trying to get into The World Ends With You, but it just ain't happening.  I have decided that DS scratching is almost as annoying as Wii flailing.

Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1853 on: July 21, 2009, 09:14:24 PM »

The ExA Hunters Rank test in Virtua Quest is downright sadistic.  If the control and camera weren't so flippin' awful, I could actually do it without wanting to punch kittens afterward.  And this time, I wasn't able to sneeze and get a cheat/glitch induced free pass.  Too bad, because I need to complete this torture to continue on in the game, and no Gameshark is going to help me here since this tough spot is all platforming.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: July 21, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »

Onimusha 2 - Pretty great so far.

Red Faction: Guerrilla - Man, I thought I wasn't much for sandbox games but this and inFamous have proved me wrong. Probably gonna fire up the older Red Faction games and get into Saints Row and Summoner to see how the other Volition games are.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 22, 2009, 02:15:48 AM »

Persona 4, Heaven. Have a tad more investment in the story now. :(

For a place that's called Heaven, it's pretty damn difficult.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: July 22, 2009, 04:06:48 AM »

Finished Climatrol in Phantasy Star II, just grinding up Anna now as my new 4th PT member before doing the dams. ...That's right, the dams music is fucking great. I should start on that right now. :P

Code:
I was more upset about Nei dieing than I thought I would be. :( For a game with such primitive storytelling, the atmosphere is top notch.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1857 on: July 22, 2009, 05:58:41 AM »

Mazes of Fate: while the game is fun, this is without a doubt the buggiest console game I have played.  The game has wondeful music that is distorted by the insane amounts of lag.   

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1858 on: July 22, 2009, 08:36:04 AM »

Suikoden III: Chris' fourth chapter. Did some major recruiting, but still have only 80 stars. Despite the subpar soundtrack and the smaller scale of the world (all the villages are so cramped and small, strategic battles have about 5-7 4-men squads than Suikoden II's armies) I think it's the best Suikoden so far thanks to the character designs, battle system, and the story.

Does anyone know when the story "locks" and recruiting is impossible? Because I wanted to go ahead with the story for a while, and resume recruiting when I've got enough clues from the detective.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1859 on: July 22, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »

Suikoden III: Chris' fourth chapter. Did some major recruiting, but still have only 80 stars. Despite the subpar soundtrack and the smaller scale of the world (all the villages are so cramped and small, strategic battles have about 5-7 4-men squads than Suikoden II's armies) I think it's the best Suikoden so far thanks to the character designs, battle system, and the story.

Does anyone know when the story "locks" and recruiting is impossible? Because I wanted to go ahead with the story for a while, and resume recruiting when I've got enough clues from the detective.

Story locks after the final strategic battle. You'll know it when you start off against the three big bads.

Anyways in BtB just traded up my dragon for the fourth angel (or whichever one was taken down by that sniper rifle powered by the whole of Tokyo 3). And while I ran into a certain princess in a certain castle she continues to elude me. >XE

Also cleared about 110 missions in FFTA2.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: