Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:38:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331482 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304361 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1860 on: July 22, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »

Mazes of Fate: while the game is fun, this is without a doubt the buggiest console game I have played.  The game has wondeful music that is distorted by the insane amounts of lag.

Are you talking about the GBA version? If not, how is the DS version?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1861 on: July 22, 2009, 11:23:49 PM »

Anyways in BtB just traded up my dragon for the fourth angel (or whichever one was taken down by that sniper rifle powered by the whole of Tokyo 3). And while I ran into a certain princess in a certain castle she continues to elude me. >XE

Wait, what?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1862 on: July 22, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »

Playing Umineko. Well, more like reading, but I'm liking it so far. The music hasn't been as spooky as Higurashi's, and the characters aren't as memorable yet, but they're still fun. No repeat characters at least.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 23, 2009, 03:17:48 AM »

Beat the Heaven boss in Persona 4. Thankfully, I didn't die once, but it was a rather long fight. Moreso than the one a couple dungeons ago.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1864 on: July 23, 2009, 06:01:53 AM »

Willy Elektrix: GBA version.  Considering the DS version is supposed to be even buggier, that's insane.

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II - hit chapter 1.  Fun stuff.  The cleric reminds me a lot of a WoW paladin, and that's always a plus.  Wish there was a way to vendor stuff early on.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1865 on: July 23, 2009, 12:00:43 PM »

Anyways in BtB just traded up my dragon for the fourth angel (or whichever one was taken down by that sniper rifle powered by the whole of Tokyo 3). And while I ran into a certain princess in a certain castle she continues to elude me. >XE

Wait, what?

He's making a joke about how one of your airships in the game looks like one of the Angels from Evangelion.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1866 on: July 23, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »

Messing around with Rocket Slime and I finished up my first tank battle. Like many have said, this game does ooze lots of charm.

Also waiting for my copy of Covenant of the Plume to arrive in the mail.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1867 on: July 23, 2009, 05:08:56 PM »

He's making a joke about how one of your airships in the game looks like one of the Angels from Evangelion.

Fuck you Gen don't you go making me want to play Golden Sun Z*/*/*/*/*/ Beyond the Beyond.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1868 on: July 23, 2009, 08:12:34 PM »

Willy Elektrix: GBA version.  Considering the DS version is supposed to be even buggier, that's insane.

Oh shit, I hadn't heard that. Mazes of Fate GBA certainly did have it's share of bugs (quests that couldn't be completed or wouldn't disappear from your list once completed, graphic glitches etc.), but it's still one of the best RPGs on GBA.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1869 on: July 23, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »

Knights in the Nightmare - Got the good ending, which was very touching; well worth the trouble of replaying everything. This also means I can finally read the artbook without spoiling myself.

Edit:

So I was checking GameFaqs to see what I've missed and... Jesus, the game is HUGE. So many endings. Good thing I recruited Algiery and didn't transoul her.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:05:28 PM by Draak » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1870 on: July 23, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »

I got a mosquito bite on my knuckle jesus fuck this hurts like dicks.

Anyway this happened because I was playing Front Mission on my porch.

I did mission 7. Hell's Wall. Whoever said those hornet missile launcher arms were useless? screw you they hit more than normal missiles and were the only reason I could kill Grieg.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1871 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »

Fuck you Gen don't you go making me want to play Golden Sun Z*/*/*/*/*/ Beyond the Beyond.

Don't worry. It only looks like an EVA Angel from the outside. Inside its got an Egyptian Pyramid motif going on.

Btw, Gen did meeting that princess before getting the class change screw me over or do I still have a chance at recruiting her?

Also I went and beat Tetris DS while I was waiting at the doctors yesterday.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1872 on: July 24, 2009, 05:56:28 PM »

Today, I played Legend of Legaia, Wild Arms, and Star Ocean 2.

WA - Armor Down seems to hit every time, but it doesn't seem to actually DO anything.

LoL - Spirit raises your defense while also letting you do better attacks the next turn. I wish Charge in Dq8 worked like that :< For that matter, I think it's also neat that you can chain combos together, which is something that I wish Xenogears -- similarish bttle system in a sense -- had done. Also like that low kicksd miss flying enemies and high kicks miss short enemies. it is special like that !!

so2 - did field of intelligence. i wish that big empty area of nede wasn't empty.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1873 on: July 24, 2009, 07:07:18 PM »

Okage: just 20 minutes into it and I can see why someone swiped my first copy.  Sometimes you get the flash of brilliance from a game, that rare genius that comes along only so often.  With comparisons to Earthbound, I had high hopes - so far the game has more than delivered.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1874 on: July 24, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »

Goddammit Gen mentioned that Oakage sumbitch in somewhere and i was like "fuck dawg i think i wants me this" and now i can't find this.

is this going to be some motherfucking pikmin 2 or gradius 5 bullshit where i spend a year looking for it then end up finding it in like St. Mary's or at that weird little exit by Findlay?

Though the cool part about living in rural ohio means that if i go to a gamestop they have like 30 copes of P3: FES for 10 bucks becuase nobody games here.

So apparently Armor Down works in WA1, just not on normal enemies in the early game because their defense is near nothing anyway.

And SO2 is kicking me !! literally it grew f No I'm not going there I mean that metaphorically. I'm in the POWER FIELD and it's like really hard. Stuff is done kill me good :( Also I'm trying to level up Noel to make him into an ITEM MAKER since he's not good at combatsing.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:45:45 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: