Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 07:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304289 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1905 on: July 28, 2009, 08:21:21 AM »

Played RE5 co-op with a friend from PSU for the past week. We finished both amateur and normal modes, and are now going to go through veteran mode (without infinite ammo). Despite hating the fucking game because of how they ruined Chris, Jill, and Wesker, co-op is at least really fun to play. As long as I skip the cutscenes, this game won't piss me off again. :P

Also picked up Star Ocean: First Departure. Going to the past now.

I beat the story mode in Dokapon Kingdom against 4 CPU players. The best part: you get to marry the princess even if you play a girl, and she's totally cool with it. Princess Penny, you freaky little bitch.

Which was funny, cause at first it was just the King offering her to the players, as a reward to get his money back. Yeah, she didn't seem so thrilled at the idea at first... XD The King is such an ass. But in a hilarious way.

I did a 2P vs 2CPU myself (I controlled both players) and I really loved the game. It was a nice breathe of fresh air from all the games that took themselves way too seriously. :P Spellsword ftw!

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1906 on: July 28, 2009, 09:36:38 AM »

Okage: 4 hours.  I just love how the characters interact with each other.

Man, I wish I could play Okage for the first time again.

And RE: P4's ending, I'll say again that I think the game should have stopped at the "Normal" ending, as it makes the most sense to me.  You get your battle with a deity, you nab the culprit, and everything is A-OK.  The True ending felt really tacked on and unnescessary, and I think it actively made the game worse.
Act00

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1907 on: July 28, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »

P4 Ending: I don't mind the true ending, but it did felt ankward compered to the normal ending. Well at least it's not like P3FES The Anwser.

I gonna countine Xenosaga 3 second time (I had to restart the whole thing because I managed to delete the save file for sone stupid reason), but honestly I don't like it that much like when I first got it.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1908 on: July 28, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »

The true P4 ending was okay for me. I mean, it was craptastic compared to the grandiosity that Nyx gave P3, but everything else felt well executed. Maybe the climax was a bit weak, but the way P4 wrapped up--the whole scene at the train station--was beautifully presented. The closure I got with the television crew, the Dojimas, even the MC's school friends, sewed up the tale really nicely, and considering the characters were arguably the game's main attraction, I came out of the experience wholly satisfied.

Aaaanyway, more Parasite Eve 2. I just finished the first run though in the Mines/Laboratory/Jurassic Park area, and since the army showed up, I guess I have to do it again...?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:29:01 PM by Sketch » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1909 on: July 28, 2009, 09:14:47 PM »

I should get back to PE1 sometime. I... ... ... am very easily distracted.

Anyway I killed Sword Dancer 3 in ToS. Dirk still won't let me make figurines. I'm still missing a lot of costumes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 28, 2009, 09:19:14 PM »

HOLY CRAP WHY IN THE NINE CIRCLES OF HELL WON'T PERSONA 4 JUST *END*.

Why did I bother to go for the true ending, why.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1911 on: July 28, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

Because Mist is an awesome final battle theme, and you want to hear it. :D

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 28, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »

It really is cool, actually. As is the first final boss design.

But still.. this game and I... must part ways soon.

or I'll go crazy.

Edit: Okay, I'm done.

Cheesy ending, but certainly happier all around than P3's. The conclusions, including the true ending, really are sort of messy like people said. I guess it could be worse, but at this point I'm really just glad it's over.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:08:59 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1913 on: July 29, 2009, 06:14:55 AM »

I should get back to PE1 sometime. I... ... ... am very easily distracted.

Anyway I killed Sword Dancer 3 in ToS. Dirk still won't let me make figurines. I'm still missing a lot of costumes.

You're going to need a lot of playthroughs to nab all the costumes since there are three events where you can get them but only the characters that participate in them gets the costumes and the titles ,and there's only enough room for two or three characters per event (and each event offers a different costume).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1914 on: July 29, 2009, 08:43:14 AM »

So I "finished" Fable 2 last night:
Code:
What the hell was that? You didn't even have to fight Lucien in the end. I know they were going for something different, but...
It all happens too fast after getting reaver. The game just rushes to the confrontation with Lucien, and then there really isn't one!
Of course, the game doesn't really end. I suppose I could keep on trekking around doing side quests and shooting gargoyles, but the motivation is gone

The game WAS fun overall. It was still missing something, though. Definitely a 8/10 type of game, strictly for the adventuring. Story and characters would get half that.
Maybe if I had turned the safety off and started shooting all those idiots asking for a ring...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:45:50 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1915 on: July 29, 2009, 09:37:02 AM »

You're going to need a lot of playthroughs to nab all the costumes since there are three events where you can get them but only the characters that participate in them gets the costumes and the titles ,and there's only enough room for two or three characters per event (and each event offers a different costume).

Ugh, that was so annoying in ToS. I was so glad getting costumes was much easier in TotA. Yay for Peony and his weird hobbies!

Still playing TotW: RM. I'm somewhere near the end, I think. I completed 70% of the quests and there aren't many good ones left to do. Dueling the Tales characters isn't exactly a good idea, since I'm a mage. Though there are disadvantages, I love this class! My damage output is amazing! About 3000 points in five seconds, almost twice as much as the other characters. Oh and I got some shiny legendary equipment. I like the staff, but the robe makes my character look like a cosplayer. I guess I'll stick to the Rune Robe.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1916 on: July 29, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

I bought and started Wild Arms 2 last night and also found Civilization AND Mercenaries 2 for $30.  I rented Watchmen: The End is Nigh parts 1 &2 as well as G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.  Lots of gaming to do:S 

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1917 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:10 PM »

So I "finished" Fable 2 last night:
Code:
What the hell was that? You didn't even have to fight Lucien in the end. I know they were going for something different, but...
It all happens too fast after getting reaver. The game just rushes to the confrontation with Lucien, and then there really isn't one!
Of course, the game doesn't really end. I suppose I could keep on trekking around doing side quests and shooting gargoyles, but the motivation is gone

The game WAS fun overall. It was still missing something, though. Definitely a 8/10 type of game, strictly for the adventuring. Story and characters would get half that.
Maybe if I had turned the safety off and started shooting all those idiots asking for a ring...

Yeah, the last third of the game felt absurdly rushed. But I agree, it was very fun for the adventurin'.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1918 on: July 29, 2009, 01:17:04 PM »

A couple hours into Covenant of the Plume and I'm surprisingly liking it more than I thought I would. A Valkyrie Profile SRPG with characters-assigned-to-each-button battle system? Yes please! I like how in each battle you have to gain a certain amount of sin (overkilling) and you get rewarded for it. It contributes more to a need for strategy than if they decided not to include that battle system feature.

I'm enjoying the dialogue and the backstory of the world (reading tavern lores), too - very reminiscent of FFT.

However, after reading the RPGfan review, I don't like how I might have to use the plume and permadeath my characters to progress.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 29, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »

I BARELY started Digital Devil Saga 1. I love the look of this game. And the post apocalyptic atmosphere. And what the hell, my party just devoured their defeated enemies.

I'm going to love this game.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: