Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 293161 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2100 on: August 17, 2009, 10:51:07 PM »

A female spotted hyena.

(Also I heard gin's route was supposed to be really hard because of a boss rush or something?)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2101 on: August 18, 2009, 01:21:11 AM »

(Also I heard gin's route was supposed to be really hard because of a boss rush or something?)

You know, this would be the case except every boss can be hit with physical attacks, even up to the very last one. Gin gets a Str rating that's in the 30s, slap Deathbound on him with Phys Rise, Pierce and Ares Aid and he'll be doing 700 per turn regardless of a boss being strong versus physical or draining it. I was killing bosses in two turns with him and I took out half of the lass boss' HP in one turn. Oh yeah, there is a boss rush. Multiple boss fights leading up to the ending and there wasn't a rest between the second to last and final boss battle. But then again, Gin just destroys everything so it doesn't really matter.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2102 on: August 18, 2009, 01:34:07 AM »

The only real problem is the final Bel, whatshisname, and it's not because he's particularly hard, but because his level layout is annoying and designed to wear you down before you get to him.  Jezebel can also be tough if you aren't prepared.  But most of the other fights are kinda pushovery.

Pushed forward in Silent Hill Zero finally.  The Asylum is a huge fucking second dungeon.  Enemies are still laughably easy to avoid, and they keep throwing weapons at me.  I'm actually more scared that I'm going to run out of space for weapons then I am of the enemies, which is kinda poor form for a survival/horror game.

Also, game release season is upon us again and I have managed to beat absolutely nothing in the past two months.  In fact, my backlog actually grew.  *le sigh*  At the rate I'm going, my grandchildren won't be able to finish my backlog of games.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2103 on: August 18, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »

The only real problem is the final Bel, whatshisname, and it's not because he's particularly hard, but because his level layout is annoying and designed to wear you down before you get to him.  Jezebel can also be tough if you aren't prepared.  But most of the other fights are kinda pushovery.

Yeah, you can fix that with Garuda. Just zip past everything, you can even warp up to Belberith and kill him in one turn without messing with the elevators. Two Deathbounds with Gin and Garuda? He was down before he could attack.

In fact, my backlog actually grew.  *le sigh*  At the rate I'm going, my grandchildren won't be able to finish my backlog of games.

I've come to terms with my backlog:P It's not growing smaller anytime soon, so I just accept it and play games at a brisk pace.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2104 on: August 18, 2009, 01:52:31 AM »

I wasn't high enough in level for Garuda.  I had to make do with an under-levelled Kresnik.

And I think it's because I went for so long without a serious backlog that the sheer size of the one I have now is still staggering to me.  I mean, it doesn't stop me from playing "unfinishable" stuff like fighters and puzzle games, but it still worries me that it's likely I'll never even play half of my collection unless I take a really long vacation sooner or later.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2105 on: August 18, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »

Been playing some Persona 4, since the tv that my other systems are hooked up to has been in use.  Anyway, I just finished Naoto's dungeon - can't say anything really surprised me from the outcome.  I maxed out a few more s. link's such as Sun and Chariot.  I was really disappointed with Chariot, especially the way it ended.  I dunno, it needed more gusto.  I'm so close to finishing Lovers, so that's my next objective.  Oh yeah
Code:
I totally got all reminiscent when I took the field trip to Gekkoukan High, especially when they played the music that was in P3 during it <3! 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2106 on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »

Got Dawn of Sorrow the other day for an upcoming trip. I wanted to try it out to see if it worked and I ended up playing up past the fish boss.

Doh!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »

Been playing some Persona 4, since the tv that my other systems are hooked up to has been in use.  Anyway, I just finished Naoto's dungeon - can't say anything really surprised me from the outcome.  I maxed out a few more s. link's such as Sun and Chariot.  I was really disappointed with Chariot, especially the way it ended.  I dunno, it needed more gusto.  I'm so close to finishing Lovers, so that's my next objective.  Oh yeah
Code:
I totally got all reminiscent when I took the field trip to Gekkoukan High, especially when they played the music that was in P3 during it <3! 

Yeah, I really felt like that s-link fizzled out near the end. I found quite a few of them to be that way - start out great and they're just so-so near the end.

I love that part of the game. It's one of my favorites, especially seeing familiar faces.

DDS2 I'm STILLLLLL at the god damned airport. Oh wait, I just got to the hangar. Score.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2108 on: August 18, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »

I finally stopped dicking around and finished up Uncharted last night. It only took me a year:P  I might play through again..maybe try for a platinum on it.  I'm also messing around with Wild Arms and Suikoden but not a whole lot.  I don't have as much time for games as I used to. *sob*

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2109 on: August 18, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »

At 141 pages, I think it's time to start over.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: