Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341285 Posts in 13947 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 310037 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 01, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »

I played some Persona 4 today.  Finished the Void Quest dungeon, spent a lot of time screwing around.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »

I didn't play Persona 4 yesterday, but I actually went to an old save in Eternal Eden and did some of the optional boss battles.

In Persona 4, I'm getting my butt whipped in the 5th chapter/floor of Void Quest.  My party all have levels in the mid-30s, but the random encounters are decimating us.  I really don't want to grind.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:15:53 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:21:25 PM »

Neal:  My party was level 43 when I beat the boss of that dungeon - I was 35 when I first hit level 1.  You may need to grind for a little bit either on the first two floors or in the club.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 10:44:15 PM »

I'm working through FFXI. Currently have my MNK/WAR combo sitting at 26/14, and am building up my WHM/BLM combo. I'm a slow one, but hey, I spend most of my time fishing or clothcrafting.

Otherwise, I've been playing a lot of Super Street Fighter II HD and the occasional game of REZ HD.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »

Played Persona 4 for quite a while today. Got to 9/1, and I've almost maxed the Magician S. Link. The void dungeon wasn't so bad, I guess. Black Frost was a godsend, though.

As for Luminous Arc, I'm on Chapter... 15? The story is still shit, but for some reason I am still compelled to play. Ah well.
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:33:01 PM »

In Persona 4, I'm getting my butt whipped in the 5th chapter/floor of Void Quest.  My party all have levels in the mid-30s, but the random encounters are decimating us.  I really don't want to grind.
You're going to have to. I remember I was at around level 50 when I went to that area.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:09:05 AM »

I beat that one with the Gears and the War. And the 2.

I've also been playing some SSFTIIHD and getting super-raped by Arcade Mode. On easy. I think I just don't get the game. I wish I did, but it'll probably be a long time until I beat Arcade.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »

Been leveling Summoner in FFXI, currently at 59.

Played through both Sora and Riku's quests in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (the PS2 port). Good, good stuff.

Also screwed around with Virtual Console RPGs over the Holidays. Love them classics!

Ramza

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 03:38:25 AM »

Bought Left 4 Dead today, it's fucking awesome.

Pissed around in WoW as well

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »

360 - Rock Band 2 and just started Mass Effect(again)
PS3 - MGS4. I just met up with Naomi. Valkyria Chronicles; I just started chapter 5.  I also just started game of Folklore.

I really have to pick a game and go with it.:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 08:25:16 AM »

Wilson, I just fused me a Black Frost.  This is definitely a 5-star persona at this point in the game.  Oh yeah, one of the Arcana Chance things changed my Setanta's Megido to Megidola, but since Setanta isn't that good beyond Megido I fused a pretty sweet Samael with the Megidola and a Mamudo skill that got transferred over changed to Mahama.  Go fusion forecast!  

I'm still grinding in Void Quest.  Main's level 39 but the others are level 35-37.  I'm waiting for school to start up again so I can work on some S-links.  I know the strength (soccer team) one is the lamest S-link in the history of S-links, but I'm rank 9 on it and want to finish it off so I can dedicate more time to some others.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »

Well, Fallout 3's end game officially sucks.  The level cap sucks, the main quest sucks, the ending sucks.  Next time through, I'm not even gonna do the main quest and just roam the land. :P

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »

Lots of people complain about the level cap in Fallout, but the original Fallout had the same thing.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 02:21:56 PM »

A level cap can be more pesky if you can reasonably hit it with normal play. I was pretty far from Fallout 1's cap when I played through the game so it was a non-issue, and the same thing holds true for the countless JRPGs I've gone through. Only recall hitting the level cap in Tales of Phantasia and Persona 3 when it comes to JRPGs, and Knights of the Old Republic outside of that.

I'm kind of settling down to Fallout 3 and Prince of Persia. I'm not bothering with The Last Remnant until either the 120 gig hard drive comes in or Fallout 3 starts going unplayed. Prince of Persia will be done soon enough though, after which I'll go to either Dead Space or Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'm liking both, but Dead Space, despite predictable scares, keeps me in suspense just enough that I can only get myself to play in short intervals, and Silent Hill stupidly forgot to let me invert the damn camera. At least they got it right for aiming.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 02:28:24 PM »

About 55 hours in ToV, near the end, but I suspect there will be more dungeons for me to do.

Started up SO for the PSP.
Does every Star Ocean game have an extremely long drawn out opening? I couldn't wait to actually start playing the game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: