Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 08:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327990 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 300678 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »

I beat Arcade Mode in SFII and Chapter 10 in Dead Space, but since my internet has been only sporadically working for the past couple of days I haven't been able to get on live and achievements haven't been updating. But it's fixed now, and all I need to do is boot up Mr. Xbox for them to show up.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »

Started up SO for the PSP.
Does every Star Ocean game have an extremely long drawn out opening? I couldn't wait to actually start playing the game.

Yeah, I've tried to start this game twice. I play for an hour and don't actually get to do anything and then quit. Maybe one of these days...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »

Fallout 3:  Started anew with an evil melee character.  It's just like playing Oblivion again. :P  Blowing up Megaton was incredibly satisfying; in fact, I think I'm going to kill every NPC in the game when I hit the level cap this time. :P

Castlevania:  Order of Eclessia:  Jesus Christ, this game has some hard bosses.  I'm fighting Eligor, and he is making me his bitch.  Brutal.

The Last Remnant:  Seriously, I don't remember what the plot is about.  I've been doing nothing but side quests for like the last ten hours of play.  I cannot find leap frog talons to save my fucking life; my shield is lagging well behind the rest of my party's equipment as a result and it's starting to piss me off.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »

For some reason, I didn't play a lot of P4 on the break, which is weird. Anyway, at Rise's dungeon and... lul. I also started up Condemned 2, which is pretty fuckin' awesome and I'm probably gonna get some Tales of the Abyss in later.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 07:18:15 PM »

Persona 4: Beat the Secret Laboratory, just started Heaven.

Code:
Pissed me off that they took away my ability to talk to Dojima because he's in the hospital.  My Heirophant S-Link is at 9 with "your relationship will grow stronger soon" staring me in the face.  Oh, well.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:26 PM »

Does every Star Ocean game have an extremely long drawn out opening? I couldn't wait to actually start playing the game.

Yeah, I've tried to start this game twice. I play for an hour and don't actually get to do anything and then quit. Maybe one of these days...

I started up SO3 last night and played it for an hour, during which I fought exactly two battles, one being a tutorial battle, and the other being a battle that you're supposed to lose.

I then turned the game off and deleted its save file. I don't have the patience for that kind of bullshit anymore.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »

I started up SO3 last night and played it for an hour, during which I fought exactly two battles, one being a tutorial battle, and the other being a battle that you're supposed to lose.

I then turned the game off and deleted its save file. I don't have the patience for that kind of bullshit anymore.

I guess that answers it then.

I remember SO2 taking like 2-3 hours to get going. The whole getting sucked to another world, meeting Rena, wandering around town to find out you're the fabeled hero, blah blah, just start the damn game already!

One thing I can say about IU is that you're IN the game in about 5 minutes.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »

I beat Luigi's part of Mario Galaxy with all 120 stars and was mega-disappointed upon seeing the Grand Finale Galaxy. I was expecting some crazy maze of planets with brand-new platforming scenarios and everything, so I was pretty livid to find that my reward for collecting 240 stars and spending 10+ hours playing the entire game again was a purple coin challenge in an environment I've already been in. =/

I also got to disc 2 in Wild Arms 2. The story line is going bonkers on me. It's been pretty straightforward until now.

I'm still loving it.
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2009, 01:30:48 AM »

Just finished up the cultural festival in P4. This game seriously brings a lot of laughs to the table.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 01:40:47 AM »

- Spelunky. High score is 80k. High kills is 33. Farthest I've got is level 10. Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and the dialated my eyes and while I was tripping balls I fell asleep and then I dreamed and it was Spelunky. This game is eating my life. I'd recommend that you all play it, except it'd probably ruin your lives as well (or at the least, grades).

- M.A.X. - No real progress yet. Just did the tutorials. Really great design, though. Love to see this on the DS or something. Nowhere near enough strategy games really do logistics at all although Advance Wars did a little bit (except you could get deadlocked way too easily there and there was no need for combined arms and the maps were too small). Better yet, why not someone make a SRPG with logistics involved? I think this was a huge failing with FFTA. You had random battles and cities getting taken over, but did it ever interrupt supply lines or whatever? No. Why? Because Square is hacks >:(

- Otherwise, my family's desktop PC got seneka, vundo, and prunnet all at the same time and the last four days have been spent trying to fix it. I think I've done it, finally. I now have a headache and I'm about to go download some more robitussin into my face. I've kind of forgotten what the hell games even are right now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

P4, just chilling and doing S-link stuff till the class trip.  I maxed out the strength (soccer team) s-link.  Lamest s-link ever, but at least it's done and I can work on some others.  Hierophant and Emperor are my favorites in the game. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »

Dincrest: I haven't heard anything about the other sun slink option that I didn't go with but the other strength slink is mildly interesting.  Unlike in Persona 3, the slink choices do seem to have a difference this time around.  Btw, the moon slink's one of the more interesting ones this time around.  I definitely did not have high hopes for it at the start though...

No gaming to note of at the moment.  I may go restart some Persona game though.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2009, 10:52:13 AM »

Ryos, which Sun s-link did you do?  I'm doing the band one and it's adorable, if a bit saccharine. 

Then again, I don't expect either Sun S-link to live up to the awesome that was Akinari in P3.  That was one heartbreaking s-link. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:56:39 AM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2009, 10:58:25 AM »

I did the drama one, which sounds like it plays out about the opposite of the band one.  I didn't quite max it but that was a rather interesting one as well, though it sure didn't reach the awesomeness of Persona 3's slink.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »

I had to be a soccer-loving musician, didn't I? 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: