Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:15:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 306195 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »

I made it to Zenithia today in DQIV, and there was some awesomeness along the way. I ran into two Metal King Slimes near Azimuth and they both attacked Ragnar who is currently equipped with the spiked armor. It killed them both! 60020 experience points? Yes please. My hero is now at level 32 as a result. Apparently I need to go back to a place east of Azimuth and obtain a bugle of some kind to continue my progress. Game clock is around 24 hours.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »

Got to chapter 3 of Eternal Sonata....faced off against
Code:
Tuba
again, this time he was a lot easier.  I dunno my main problem besides the dull story has been how linear this game is....go to point a to point b face boss and repeat. 

Chain of Memories:  Finished up another world. 

P4:  finished my first exams.  Now I'm starting to get more into the game. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:23 AM »

Persona 4- In Heaven level 5, this cluster of regular encounter enemies who get to strike first and cast megidolaonn twice in a row are pretty annoying.

Is it true that Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens?

Anyway.

Giorgi Bagratuni died with fairly crappy stats all around. Despite his successes in expanding Georgia, he lost much of thta territory when his vassals defected, primarily because of mistakes made during a pre-emptive and poorly planned war against the Tribe of Cuman. In the second or third war against them, he died, and his son Leon Bagratuni, Count of Saray, was crowned the new King of Georgia. Immediately after this, three more vassals defected--one in North Georgia, one of the former Alanian states, and the province of Albania, all of which were reconquered and reincorporated into the Kingdom of Georgia. The County of Kakheti also defected, but refused to cede land at peace signing. Current early expanses made under Leon Bagratuni include taking over the Emirate of Turkmens and its single-province vassal, and the Tribe of Bolgar and its single-province vassal. Georgia is slowly gaining the gateway it needs to migrate into Scandinavia.

Leon has also gained the trait honest, after refusing to cheat on his wife while at war, and his piety and prestige are increasing. He is also respected by his vassals, one of which has been around, I believe, since the rule of Leon's grandfather, Bagrat Bagratuni.

Currently, the County of Semakha, ruled by a 13-year old, and containing the essential province of Imertia, has refused offers for vassalization. They have also made an alliance with Georgia's eternal enemy, the Tribe of Cuman (which is slowly being eaten by Ryazan, Muscovy, and Hungary).

Why the hell did I narrativize that. Goddamn I'm a loser.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2009, 12:16:25 AM »

Persona 4- In Heaven level 5, this cluster of regular encounter enemies who get to strike first and cast megidolaonn twice in a row are pretty annoying.  I seem to get them more often than should be allowed.  Rise's useless at finding escape routes.  I should stock up on vanish balls.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is very frustrated with the entire Heaven dungeon setup.  I go to grind and I die.  It sucks.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2009, 03:15:40 AM »

Why the hell did I narrativize that. Goddamn I'm a loser.

Not even kidding, that sounded like an incredibly interesting game. What exactly are you playing and where can I get it?

I started up Valkyria Chronicles, about to start the 4th chapter, Operation Cloud-something. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm not really digging the cutscenes that just use the portraits. Looks like it's going to be a great game though.

And just finished up "The Garden of Eden" quest in Fallout 3. The main quest is getting exciting, and I'm 20-something hours in so I'm looking forward to the ending, but there's a lot that I haven't done yet. I think I'm going to finish it up, take a break, then start it up again when the DLC packs come out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 04:39:13 AM by superflat » Logged
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2009, 05:59:33 AM »

Persona 4: I have 2 tips for heaven: always have MC at full life between battles and use and abuse hama and mudo (just about everything there can be hit with one or the other).  Once I did those, ran into no further issues.

Anyway, just about to restart the third dungeon.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2009, 06:57:46 AM »

RAIN.

How hard are some of the achievements for Vesperia?  I've been trying to get as many on my first playthrough as I can, but I don't want to spoil too much of the game for myself.  Do you get an airship?  I mean, without one of those, I'm thinking that the "explore the whole map lol" achievement might be pretty hard / annoying.  :P

There's only two battle ones that I had any real trouble with. And yeah, you do get an airship.

I also seem to be having trouble getting the "Back Up Plan" achievement. I can't figure out which save points I missed on both playthroughs so far. D:

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »

Ok, guys, answer me this.
What is the point behind achievements? Do you actually get anything out of it besides bragging rights? I play 360 games, and little notices pop up on the screen that I got ##points for doing whatever. I have made no efforts to get these points and never will. Unless I actually get something real out of it. Explain.

journal-wise: I do not have the mental capacity to play Braid. It is beyond me and I admit it. I would have to go through the whole thing with an FAQ, but then the whole point is lost. I have a hard time believing people are playing through this without help.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »

It's just a way of tracking progress I suppose. Most of it is for e-penis bragging rights, as you said. You don't get much out of it, though in some games I think it's related to unlockables.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2009, 05:12:59 PM »

I didn't think I'd care about achievements, cause I don't really care about trophies for PS3 games, but...  I dunno, all those little pop ups and flashing lights and whirring buzzers make me...  Happy.  :P

Thanks for the tips, Rain.  The save point one is driving me nuts already.  I save at every save point, but I am bound to space out and miss /one/.  -_-

As for my journal, no real progress as I fought with a cheap knock off VGA cable for three hours after work last night.

More of that in the Helper Monkey.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »

In my case, achievements are just there, and it just bothers me if I don't at least attempt to get them. There's no real meaning, really. It's just once that it's known in my head that it's there, I just have the urge to get them.

I think "obsessive compulsive" are the words I'm thinking of, but I'm not quite sure if that's right... :P

I think me and Ashton talked about this before, but he was better at explaining the feeling than I was. >.>

EDIT: Also, I actually have fun trying to get some of them. Particularly in Vesperia, when they add little events/dialogue to the boss battles. But I'm not sure if any other games do anything like that.

To add to the actual journal, I just ordered Otomedius G for 360, and I can't wait to get my grubby perverted little paws on this game. >:D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:16:19 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »

I think "obsessive compulsive" are the words I'm thinking of

Yeah, that sounds right for me too.  :P

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

Not even kidding, that sounded like an incredibly interesting game. What exactly are you playing and where can I get it?

Crusader Kings. Paradox Games makes it. I think they sell it on Gamer's Gate, though if you live near a Half Price Books & More it's typically sold for like, 6 bucks there..

Risk meets The Sims isn't an ENTIRELY inaccurate way of describing it. Also the extent to which it works as an RPG depends on the extent to which you play it as one, kind of. You do have to delve into the dynastic stuff to keep from shooting yourself in the foot, but how much you want to micromanage inter-character relationships is up to you (and the expansion pack, which I don't have, adds a friends & rivals system which sort of furthers it in that sense).Int

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2009, 06:52:43 PM »

Ok, guys, answer me this.
What is the point behind achievements? Do you actually get anything out of it besides bragging rights? I play 360 games, and little notices pop up on the screen that I got ##points for doing whatever. I have made no efforts to get these points and never will. Unless I actually get something real out of it. Explain.

Depends on the game.  I know you've been playing Mass Effect, so you should know that getting the achievements on that game give actual game enhancements.  Like if you get the assault rifle achievement, you can give a new character the assault rifle skill if they're a class that doesn't naturally have it.  If memory serves, they ALL give an added effect, so you should be happy when you get one.

But other than that game, it's just e-dick measuring by and large. :P

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »

Welp, I'm back From the Abyss and boy are my arms tired! *proceeds to make cliffhanging motions*

In all seriousness though it was a rather meh-tacular experience. I breezed through the seventh and final dungeons with most of my time spent filling out the map (I'm hoping that those filled maps will carry over into the New Game + should I ever decide to break this log out again). I really didn't even need to buy anything outside of a couple pieces of armor and an accessory or two since the drops covered far more than I could ever use in that game. Ironically while most of the equipment choices were in fact superfluous I ended up taking down the final boss abusing the third level wind spell while armed with a wind rod (not a sword, spear, axe, or even bow and it wasn't even the best rod that I had either). The seventh boss was much more difficult than both of the final bosses forms combined as he kept cheezing me with a skill-blocking status effect of which there was no protection to (then again there was no way to dodge or guard against status effects in this game some of which were really annoying).

As for the story, it concluded with some faceless court magician that had never been mentioned prior to the eighth chapter who apparently started the whole mess somehow running off to finish freeing the beast and was never heard from again. (No seriously! I'm not kidding about this.) As for the psycho girl she gets bitch-slapped back into reality and is also never heard from again. (Again, not kidding!)

And the point of all of this is that I got ripped off. >.< This game is hardly worth $5 nevermind the $15 I payed for it, and that was down from the label price of $25 which had been marked down from $30. And then there's twelve hours of my life I want back as well.

At this time I'm gonna start up Summon Night: Twin Age and hope for the best.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: