Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327294 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 299666 times)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

Got to Chapter 4 in Eternal Sonata and gosh just when I didn't think the game could get any more boring...oh it did.  
Code:
the Claves death scene...could they draw it out anymore and beat a dead horse?  I don't even care about the character as I just met her not too long ago in the game.  sigh.
 We'll see what happens, but now I'm really starting to understanding everyone's problems with the story...everything is just so drawn out and normally I love cutscenes, but ehhh not in this game.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: January 16, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »

No thanks, GenEric.  I'm already burnt out on the game.  60 hours is quite enough.  I was ready for it to end, so I have no regrets about ending it prematurely.  I don't need to see any more.  I'm not playing it any more. 

EDIT: I'm satisfied with the closure I got.  Normally I totally go against this saying but in this case ignorance is bliss and I don't feel like thinking.  I don't care if I bought into another obvious red herring P4 threw at me.  I probably bought into it because I was ready to end the game, and unlike in P3's bad ending, the P4 bad ending I got actually gave closure. 
Code:
In my ending, Namatame was the murderer and everything in Inaba went back to normal, save for Nanako being dead and Ryotaro being alone again.  Then main said buh-bye.  He had a pretty exciting life in Inaba, though.  He lost his virginity to a naughty nurse (at least I like to think that's what happened), obliterated the Amagi challenge (and I'm sure in that accelerated time pass, Yukiko was in his room a LOT), had a pop idol crush on him, got arrested twice, helped people soulsearch, did a ton more stuff and even found time to dungeon crawl, do well in school, play in the band, and kick butt on the soccer team.  And to cap it all off, he chucked a man into a TV just to watch him die.  No regrets baby, no regrets. 
Were you to ask me in a different time or state of being I probably *would* care that I bought into an obvious red herring and didn't get the superultrasexycanontruth ending, but for now I don't care.   

I'm kinda burnt out on gaming period, right now.  I already played A Vampyre Story, Eternal Eden, and P4 back to back over the last month and a half.  All were excellent games (EE was my favorite for '08) but I need a break.  I think I'll read a book, play more bass, or just do something else other than gaming for a week or two in lieu of game time. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:19:36 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »

You don't even want to know who actually did it?

Ok.  It's your call.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2009, 02:57:48 PM »

Persona 4 - second playthrough stuff
Code:
well, that was a mistake.  I spent a good hour in the third dungeon, finally got the chance to check out something in terms of the second playthrough, then got one-shotted after using debilitate (500 damage hit when I have 300 hp?  Awesome).  I should have known better when mind charge was used by the grim reaper.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »

Same here, Dizzy.  My 2nd playthrough of P3 I did the Star S-link purely for that final Persona which, well, took damn near all the challenge out of the final portion of the game. 

And, yes, the Dojimas are IMO the best characters in the game. 

Something else I'd like to add, that I forgot to mention. I guess it's related, cause we were mentioning S.Links in general, but I also liked how Persona 4 handled the multiple clubs aspect this time around. I'm not sure if people consider this a spoiler or not, but I'll put it in the spoiler box just to be safe...

As I was doing the first month still, I noticed...
Code:
...that Strength and Sun actually both have different people, per club that you decide to join. For the sake of
variety, this was totally done better than how like, Fortune and Chariot were done in 3. It made me quite happy.
I don't hold it against 3 for not doing it, but it was really nice to see that 4 improved on it.

And so that I don't go completely off track from the journal:
I picked up a new DS (hinges broke on the old Lite... and R button is fucked up on the fat DS...D: ), so now I can finally start on Order of Ecclesia.
Code:
Just killed some crab in the lighthouse.

I'm not even that far and this is my favorite Castlevania already. :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:56:16 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:07 PM »

I got my airship in Vesperia.  So I decided to get my Map Nerd achievment.  It was /kind/ of annoying.  :P

Got everyone their waiter / waitress costumes.  Judith's is the best.  Although, Rita's is prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrretty close to tying.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »

I got my airship in Vesperia.  So I decided to get my Map Nerd achievment.  It was /kind/ of annoying.  :P

Got everyone their waiter / waitress costumes.  Judith's is the best.  Although, Rita's is prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrretty close to tying.

I have the airshop also and uncovered everything on the map and still didn't get the achievement. It's very annoying. Did I do something wrong?

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2009, 05:58:55 PM »

Well, there are some specs that blend in with the other parts of the environment on the map, so you have to make sure that you did actually get everything. It's a really annoying achievement.

Anyway, played more No More Heroes and P4. I'm at October in P4 and at rank 8 in NMH.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2009, 06:42:19 PM »

Yeah, the best thing to do is use the map from the synopsis menu.  It will show all the "foggy" bits, but you need to scour it.  It took me a good half hour or longer to fly everywhere and get all the bits.  There were some parts I had missed that were mixed in with the mountains...

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »

Alrighty, thanks.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:51 PM »

After acquiring a literal shit load of games yesterday I've decided to break for a bit from SN:TA to play some of said swag. The first game I've played was Wario Land: Super Mario Land III of which I played until I game overed in the Stove Canyon.

[rant]
Since then I've been blizting through Sword of Hope in which I've gotten the titular Sword of Hope (i.e. Wish Sword), but man does this game have some serious balance issues. I've so far died more times than I could count (the first of which was the very first battle I fought where three moths gang-raped me back to the start). It's a real pain getting around since damage values tend varies a lot right now I can hit enemies in the current area from up to 60hps down to 1hp if that. Said enemies on the other hand are almost immune to magic while dropping spells that can go through upwards to 60hps in one shot with my current max at 104hps, and these enemies tend to show up in groups. My only consolation is that all I lose from death is my current location (I'm at the point where I can get free full healing but that doesn't matter anyway since I don't have anything to buy, plus I get far more money than I could possibly deal with (the game's cap is 255g, and enemies if I run into them without a full wallet give about 20 to 30 gold at this point anyway, though the earliest enemies don't drop a single piece anymore). All in all I should be done with this game before Sunday (though I'm going to be very busy this weekend so I might not have the time to fit the necessary amount of gaming in time) (I also hope to acquire more games before this weekend is out (and hopefully Xenosaga III since that's being a stubborn twit right now) so we'll see what I can do here).
[/rant]

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2009, 12:25:46 AM »

I picked up Wario Ware Inc. for the GC and the special edition of Devil May Cry 3 today for cheap. :D

Now that I've finished Persona 4, I'm going to go play Deadspace. Just finished Chapter 2.

The non-gravity area was fun.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2009, 01:51:11 AM »

I bought and beat Noitu Love 2: Devolution which is a lovely little indie game with a wondrously gratifying fighting system. It's about $10 on the developer's site (konjak.com) or on Direct2Drive. Also played Eversion, which is some fucked up shit, but similarly good. And to round off my PC indie gaming, lots and lots of Spelunky. All three of those are really dandy.

I played some more Left 4 Dead with a friend, and it's still freaking awesome. I really want more campaigns though.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »

Tried playing VP2, and good God, it's another tri-Ace game I hate. Fuck them. I'll end up going back to Gamestop and returning it, getting my money back.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »

You hate VP2?

*Shakes his head.*

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: