Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 08:50:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334485 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 305773 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2009, 01:55:16 AM »

Really? Being a soldier makes the game even easier? I'm playing as an adept now and I don't think I've needed to use more than five health packs. Barrier + shield recharge make me a walking death machine. I'm wiping out rooms full of guys before they even get close to me.

Really not digging Mass Effect. Side quests are just total shit. I don't understand the love for this game at all. The core stuff is great, but there's so much fat around the edges. Barring Fable II, it's the buggiest game I've played on 360. And, unlike Fable II, I've hit glitches in this one that have actually made me lose progress. I've had freezes and lock ups even after installing it and even though the frame rate is a little better now I'm still getting motion sickness just from walking around.

I want to like it, but it's just not grabbing me. Played for about 30 hours right now. Missing one party member. Finished up Feros and Noveria but haven't yet headed to Virmire. Is there a certain point in this game that it becomes awesome, or do I trudge through mediocrity till the end?

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2009, 02:43:56 AM »

If you don't like it now it probably won't change for you. However I believe you're about 2/3rds of the way through at a minimum, so I suggest just trudging through to the end anyway.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2009, 03:26:43 AM »

Mirror's Edge, PC version, just did the first chase.

I'm sad because I'm heading back to school and the roommate who brought the TV (I have three) last semester decided not to bring it back up, so no console games for me this semester. I have a feeling that will change about halfway through the semester when I either convince one of my other roommates to bring a TV or buy one myself. In the mean time I'll be playing lots of PC and DS games.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2009, 05:12:08 AM »

Finished Sword of Hope and man, you really have to fall back to hope with the final boss fights. It took me about five tries to beat both bosses, but it really just comes down to shear luck (and not acting like a reckless idiot) in the end. The first form alone kept whacking me for 70+ HPs worth of damage (thankfully he doesn't make a regular habit of it) which at level 25 I had a max of 116 HPs really made it difficult to last. The fact that no magic worked on him means I have to rely on the hope I can score a couple of good hits (or at least anything above whiffing him with crap damage) before I completely tap out on MP. The second boss is both slightly harder, thanks to being able to dish out upwards to 100 HPs per hit, and also much easier, as he switches from using offensive spells to reliably nuke the crap out of me to instead using the midheal spell every so often to heal himself for about 40-50 HPs per cast. Then there's the fact that after taking a hit from this guy you gain the ability to deal crits on a regular basis (though you can still make the occasional whiff at the boss) which turns the fight into an endurance contest against your own luck.

Gone back to Eternal Poison and started off with Olifen's team up the middle path (and I'm still too slow to save the refugee >.<) apparently

Code:
I'm not suppose to capture any Cursed Souls. >.<

Well, at least I can finally get on with the show.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »

While trying to get the gold achievement for the two man tag time trial in Dead or Alive 4, I sprained my right thumb, wtf?

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:25 PM »

I played Twilight Princess for a bit yesterday, and got up to the Ice Temple. I guess I'll beat that today once I finish homework.

I took part in a Smash Bros Brawl tournament yesterday, as well. I didn't do singles, but I teamed up with one of my friends for doubles. We went in to it pretty confident and ended up winning, which scored us $125 to split. Winning money for playing video games is fun. =P
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »

And the worst game from the previous gen was Legaia 1.

Wasn't that Beyond The Beyond?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »

Persona 4: just about to hit the best dungeon ever again.  Now that I geared up my characters a bit, maybe I can take down that annoying enemy. My second encounter was about as painful as the first (1367 weakness hit with debilitate on?  Zoinks)

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »

And the worst game from the previous gen was Legaia 1.

Wasn't that Beyond The Beyond?

Beyond the Beyond at least has /Camelot/ going for it.  It might be shit, but it's shit covered in whipped cream.

Legend of Legaia is just shit covered in shit.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »

Legend of Legaia is just shit covered in shit.

Well...shit.

Legend of Legaia is in my backlog and is probably going to be the next game on my list to play through.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:07 AM »

I liked Legaia for the 20 or so hours I played it for.
Battle system was different for the time, but the game seemed to play really slowly.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »

Persona 4 - I marathoned the game the whole weekend, and I made it to Heaven. What a pretty place. I like the music here a lot too. ;o

Also made (Priestess) my girlfriend... Though I wish I didn't, 'cause I sorta like (Fortune)... >.>

Also, (Justice) is by far my favourite S.Link in the game.
Code:
Hell, Nanako by far is my favourite character in the whole game.
Even more now after seeing her from the beginning all the way to Heaven. <3 I hope I have a daughter like her. XD

God damn this game took a lot out of me. I may just get the bad ending and start from the beginning again, since I managed to cap all of the main character's stats. This way I can have a better start on my S.Links... Or not, but I still want to see the bad ending anyway. :P

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2009, 02:08:49 PM »

You can get multiple girlfriends.  I had Chariot and Fortune both, because mid-way I thought Fortune was a million times more adorable.

And bad ending is really, really bad.  There's no closure and it's just depressing and ugly all around.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2009, 03:53:44 PM »

Started up DQ 4 again. For some random reason I clicked continue suspended adventure which was an hour before my actual save and I saved over it=/. Also played a bit of P4 and Lunar 2. I was really surprised when I saw 80 hours on my P4 clock. It definitely hasn't felt like 80 hours, it felt like it was only 40 or so hours.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »

Beat Mirror's Edge, and I left kind of disappointed by the end. I guess I expected a whole lot more reward for everything you go through, but it was still a lot of fun. I did kind of wish that I played it on a big TV, but I recieved it as a gift and don't have a TV with me now, so I suppose it's for the best.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: