Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 04:06:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329390 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 302801 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: February 11, 2009, 03:22:59 PM »

The one character who is worse than Noel is Mr Mohawk-Cod Piece-Fisher Boy from Chrono Cross.

Literally the worst character in any RPG ever.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: February 11, 2009, 03:36:35 PM »

Beaten EP a second time. Got Ashley's bad end. Now running Thage's group up the third stratum. Btw, Thage's group still rocks (or more accurately Thage Rocks!, Raki and Retica are falling behind in levels, and Mid-level Vivian and Ares still need babying. At least High-level Nena and Yuri are still good.), but my brand new PS2 froze on me just as I was about to save after beating the first battle so I'm holding from playing it for awhile.

Beat Wario Land 2 two more times. Now I have the last path split to go and then I'll have earned 100% clear for the game.

Still haven't made any progress on Rivera again. :(

The one character who is worse than Noel is Mr Mohawk-Cod Piece-Fisher Boy from Chrono Cross.

I seconded this! The fact that you have to give up Glenn just to get this lame duck sucks.

Though certain FE characters would be my runner-ups if we're counting SRPGs.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: February 11, 2009, 03:52:53 PM »

No FE character truly sucks unless you just don't use them. They all have their merits.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2009, 03:53:02 PM »

Picked up the new Genesis collection.  Phantasy Star I is unlockable... but you have to have two players to do it (beat the first boss in Sonic 2 with two players is the unlock for it).  Too bad I don't have a second Xbox 360 controller.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »

Picked up the new Genesis collection.  Phantasy Star I is unlockable... but you have to have two players to do it (beat the first boss in Sonic 2 with two players is the unlock for it).  Too bad I don't have a second Xbox 360 controller.

That's retarded. On a side note, I finally found a used copy of Aria of Sorrow at my gamestop today. I've looked around there for about 2 years now and this is the first one I've found. I was too lazy to buy one online because it wasn't exactly top priority to play it, but now that I have found it I need to play it. Too bad I'll be waiting at least a month or so...

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: February 11, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »

Nah, Tellah is the shit.  His power spells and Psych are make him one of the most powerful units in your team at the time, especially given where you travel with him in your team(Cave to Damcyan, Mt. Ordeals, Baron Underground, Dark Elf Cave).

Don't tellah's lower level spells not do much damage, and his higher level spells be too costly to use more than hardly ever?

(Also he died in the fight with the dark elf before he could even do anything. Or got turned into an imp and then died. Whatever).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: February 11, 2009, 04:15:52 PM »

Nah, Tellah is the shit.  His power spells and Psych are make him one of the most powerful units in your team at the time, especially given where you travel with him in your team(Cave to Damcyan, Mt. Ordeals, Baron Underground, Dark Elf Cave).

Don't tellah's lower level spells not do much damage, and his higher level spells be too costly to use more than hardly ever?

(Also he died in the fight with the dark elf before he could even do anything. Or got turned into an imp and then died. Whatever).

He still doesn't cost you a great character just to use.

No FE character truly sucks unless you just don't use them. They all have their merits.

Even Jeigan and Fiona?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: February 11, 2009, 04:54:22 PM »

Oh, no, John, you're kidding me.  :(

Damn it, Sega, I only have one controller.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: February 11, 2009, 05:08:38 PM »

He still doesn't cost you a great character just to use.

Even Jeigan and Fiona?

I don't know about Jeigan because I haven't played that one (original right?) and Fiona is supposedly pretty good if you use her (I did not).

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: February 11, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »

Worse than Pokey? 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2009, 06:06:13 PM »

Given the type of game you're unlocking with this and the cost of controllers, that is easily one of the worst requirements to unlock a game I've seen, despite how simple it is so long as you have the necessary equipment on hand.

As for Magikarp: I don't recall coming across wild Gyrados at all, and it's fairly simple to either throw an EXP share on Magikarp or switch him out at the start of every battle.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2009, 06:41:24 PM »

I don't recall coming across wild Gyrados at all

There was a shiny red one in Silver that you could catch.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: February 11, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »

I'm about 3 quests away from the end of the Shivering Isles content, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I don't think I'll be playing the main Oblivion quest afterwords though. I was thinking about doing that originally after I beat Shivering Isles, but I don't think it'll quite compare to the quests and characters that Shivering Isles has.

I also beat most of the time trials in Mirror's Edge (1 star, but I'm not too interested in going back to them and getting really good). I'm hoping that I can play the DLC races at a friends house or something like that, because I don't really want to pay for something I'll only play once or twice.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: February 11, 2009, 06:47:48 PM »

The same can be said of the Chrono Cross characters.  You lose out on Glenn for taking Mel, Korcha, and Doc; but all three of them are still decent characters(Mel especially if you like stealing elements) so I don't think they're in quite the same category as Noel.  They're more in the same category as Earnest.

And since it's also relevant, at least Jeigan and his crew are useful at -some- point of the game.  Noel is -never- useful.  And Fiona isn't AMAZING like her sisters, but she's still a very good unit(Assuming you mean FE7 Fiona.)  She's not even close to a "terrible character".

I don't count Pokey because he doesn't have stats; I'm more talking along the lines of playable characters.  There are any number of AI-controlled units like Pokey that are completely useless and stupid.

And as has been mentioned, I'm pretty sure you can't catch wild Gyrados(Except the one mentioned above, which is only in one game), and Magikarp has the benefit of eventually becoming useful through evolution.  Noel never grows into something stronger, he's just plain old useless Noel, with no potential whatsoever.

That's what Psych is for!  If he uses up his MP, he can just GET IT BACK.  He's arguably the only character for whom Psych is even worth it.  And his high level spells do so much damage anyway that it's ok that he can only cast them a few times.

Plus I mean, Ethers.  Once again, he's pretty much the only character worth using them on.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: February 11, 2009, 08:46:06 PM »

In Crystal I found wild Gyrados.  I was a moron in forgetting to capture that red one and for failing to capture Suicune (I super-ultra-epic fail at Pokemon), but I encountered wild blue Gyrados in some big ol' body of water and caught one. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:57:28 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: