Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:30:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319682 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 293529 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: February 13, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »

Brother man, I hated Shion almost as much as I hated Rinoa... and I hated Rinoa only marginally less than General Mortars did.

I approve of this nonsense!
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »

You know, more KOS-MOS and less Shion and the Xenosaga series  would be alive and well. :p

SO2: 8 hours.  Man, my best attack spell does half the damage Claude does in one hit, let alone a combo.  I was trying to give the mage a shot but I guess I need to swap the mage out with someone who doesn't just slow down combat. Man, after seeing the new Dias in action this playthrough seems so long already. -_-

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: February 14, 2009, 09:55:33 AM »

General Mortars

Man, I miss that guy.

Ryos: I totally agree.  At least we get to see KOS-MOS in random games like Namco x Capcom and Tales of Hearts.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: February 14, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »

Been playing lots of Suikoden III. I've finished both Hugo and Thomas' chapters and I am currently on Chris' third chapter. This game is fucking awesome. I'm really excited to play all the other Suikodens.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: February 14, 2009, 11:25:59 AM »

I started up Ys 3 on the Genesis yesterday. It's pretty great. I like the side view dungeons, the fact that there is no story exposition between dungeons, no world map, and that you and the enemies all die in about 1 hit. I'm not a huge fan of the other YS games, but this one has grabbed me since its such a huge departure from the series. Anyone else like Ys 3?

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: February 14, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »

Oath in Felghana is great from what I've played. I put it on standby until I beat the other Ys games. I haven't played any other versions of three though.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: February 14, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »

I started up Ys 3 on the Genesis yesterday. It's pretty great. I like the side view dungeons, the fact that there is no story exposition between dungeons, no world map, and that you and the enemies all die in about 1 hit. I'm not a huge fan of the other YS games, but this one has grabbed me since its such a huge departure from the series. Anyone else like Ys 3?

I hated Ys 3.  The game is broken as all hell, to the point of being nearly unplayable.  Any game where you die in a few hits CANNOT also have messy hitboxes.  I need to be able to tell where an enemy is capable of hitting me, and with Ys 3's crazy messed up hitboxes that is impossible.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: February 14, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »

I'm still torn on whether I should download the Turbo CD version off of the VC or wait for the DS remake to show up and grab that.

At least we get to see KOS-MOS in random games like Namco x Capcom and Tales of Hearts.

Don't forget about OG Saga and Baten Kaitos.

Anyway, I forgot to mention the last time that I have finally cleared Wario Land 2 with 100% and the bonus stage. Surprisingly, this game can hand your ass when it tries. It took me half-an-hour to clear thanks to needing complete mastery over jumping to climb walls, walk over pits on enemies, and even to beat a boss suspended in mid-air without falling off. Fortunately, the one thing you don't have to worry about is dying since you can't.

Also I've started up Metal Gear Solid (GB). Just got the Machine Gun and I'm now working my way into the drainage ducts.

No progress in the other games though.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: February 14, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

I'm still torn on whether I should download the Turbo CD version off of the VC or wait for the DS remake to show up and grab that.

Get both:P. But seriously, wait for Legacy of Ys I and II for DS. I'm pretty sure that version is essentially Ys I and II Complete, which is the PC version, and from what I've experienced those are both good quality games. I'm really excited that it's coming out on the DS.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: February 14, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »

I bought the Genesis collection for the 360.  So far, I dig it.  There's a lot of choices, so I've just played a little here and there of different games.  I'll focus on one eventually.  It's just a nice blast from the past. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:35:50 AM by Kstar » Logged

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: February 14, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

Anyone else like Ys 3?

I do, despite how pathetically easy it is.  There's absolutely no point playing it in a post-Oath in Felghana world, though. :P

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: February 14, 2009, 04:10:27 PM »

Get both:P. But seriously, wait for Legacy of Ys I and II for DS. I'm pretty sure that version is essentially Ys I and II Complete, which is the PC version, and from what I've experienced those are both good quality games. I'm really excited that it's coming out on the DS.

My problem is that I'm a soundtrack whore, and that handheld sound speakers aren't usually able to recreate the sound quality of the original version of the game. FF VI Advanced was one the most regrettable purchases that I've made for that system, and I'd rather not get burned like that again. Also there's the fact that the VC version is cheaper than the upcoming DS version which again makes it the more tempting. But you do have a point that the DS is Ys complete and may have valuable additions that'll make this version worth it too.

I may end up having to get both.

Also, I've decided to give EP a break for now so that I can start tackling the rest of my massive backlog. Going to start up Xenosaga I for now and see how far I can get in that before February's end.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: February 14, 2009, 04:18:19 PM »

I'd say import Ys I and II complete if you wanted to hear the cool soundtrack with the game, but that's a bit expensive. I will admit that I am a little disheartened by the lowered sound quality, as I love Ys music, but I'll live. I've already played through both of them on the PC, so I'm fine with a few sacrifices to make it portable. I don't really know what to suggest other than track down the CD of Ryo Yonemitu's work (the full title is Ys I & II Perfect Collection: Complete Works of Ryo Yonemitsu) and listen through it for the full effect.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: February 14, 2009, 10:26:40 PM »

Finished up Super Mario RPG. Man oh man, those credits nearly made me teary eye. I'm such a nostalgia wuss.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: February 14, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »

Tenchu Z -- Up to mission 30 on all difficulties.

Shit's starting to get hard.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: