Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 01:02:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331343 Posts in 13570 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304268 times)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: February 14, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »

I played Half-Life.

And by "played", I mean "sat through that long ass train ride, got bored, and turned the game off". What a fucking drag.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »

Just finished the last Haggleman 3 challenge in RGC.  Now it's time to finish all the games for the final ultimate challenge.  wheee.

And by "played", I mean "sat through that long ass train ride, got bored, and turned the game off". What a fucking drag.

As a person who hates most FPS games, I'll tell you that you should keep pressing on.  You're basically done with the opening once you're done with the Tram, and the action starts to really pick up immediately and pretty much never lets up.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »

On the genesis collection I got addicted to Dr. Robotnik M.B.M.....so I basically wasted a night on that haha...I'm almost done with the whole thing.  Other than that I started the port for ps2 of Harvest Moon:  Innocent Life.  I've had it for a while just never played it.  So far this is the worst Harvest Moon I have ever played.  I know it's just a port of a psp game, but still.  I'll have to play some more, but so far that's my opinion. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:36:17 AM by Kstar » Logged

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: February 15, 2009, 06:09:38 AM »

Finished Ys II Complete. Overall, it was good. I had fun for what it's worth, but the bosses in this game were a pushover compared to Ys I Complete. I had the hardest time with the last two bosses in Ys I, but in Ys II they dropped like flies. Pretty disappointing considering that I was expecting some epic battle like the one I had in I where I literally stayed up all night trying to beat the last boss. Well, some more Suikoden III and Oath in Felghana up next.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: February 15, 2009, 08:00:17 AM »

Retro Game Challenge- I'm not very good at Haggleman.  Then again, I was never very good at platformers.  Talking to kid Arino is funny.  I also love how he calls me "man" and "dude" even though my character is a girl. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:09:30 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »

I hated Ys 3.  The game is broken as all hell, to the point of being nearly unplayable.  Any game where you die in a few hits CANNOT also have messy hitboxes.  I need to be able to tell where an enemy is capable of hitting me, and with Ys 3's crazy messed up hitboxes that is impossible.

True. Except you can swing your sword fully automatic and just let the enemies walk into it. So, it's pretty easy. It reminds me a bit of the Genesis game Exile in that sense.

Anyone else like Ys 3?

I do, despite how pathetically easy it is.  There's absolutely no point playing it in a post-Oath in Felghana world, though. :P

It blows me away that a lot of people talk about how hard this game is. Yes, you can die in one hit. But so does everything else. I'm through the second dungeon and so far haven't had too much trouble.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2009, 02:56:03 PM »

Ugh, looks like Half-Life is another one of those FPSes that gives me motion sickness. :( It is fun, though.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2009, 05:27:37 PM »

Okami - Will this game ever end? Beat Ninetails and now I have to go after another baddie in god-knows-where. It's like Mario and the whole "the princess is in ANOTHER castle" thing. Still, I'm enjoying every minute of this game. So much fun.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: February 15, 2009, 08:14:15 PM »

Finally got past the HaggleMan challenges in Retro Game Challenge.  I didn't really like it (despite it being a good platformer), but then again I suck at platformers.  I'm not looking forward to Haggleman 2. 

I killed the Rally Car and Star Prince challenges pretty easily because I like racers and shooters.  Star Prince is a really great shooter.  One of the most fun shooters I've played in a long time.  I'm now doing the Rally Car SP challenges. 

Star Prince is easily my favorite in Retro Game Challenge right now. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:38:22 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2009, 12:39:28 AM »

Finished Bioshock yesterday. I've already started my second playthrough and planning my third... The hard playthrough will have to be third, I literally cannot survive past the first scripted splicer fight just inbetween Neptune's Bounty and the medical pavillion, jesus.

Also finished Phantasy Star Universe tonight. I was more pissed off at the butchering of Lutz ("Roo-tsu" my ass) than the butchering of Phantasy Star. That's how mediocre the game is. :P

I want to start up Lost Odyssey, but I want to get the 1,000 points in one sitting and being glued to a guide for that puts me off. :P

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

6 hours in and I just acquired Momo in Xenosaga I. -_-

Overall this game is taking a long time to get started (although nowhere near as bad as DQ VII). I too have to agree with the general consensus of more KOS-MOS and less Shion.

No further progress in the other games otherwise.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »

Went ahead and bought Castle Crashers. Fun game. My son(8 year old) and I were playing it together the other night and he was having a blast. Good times.

Mass Effect - I find myself going to random planets and driving around looking for stuff. I'm starting to wonder why everything looks the same, no matter which planet I go to. Still enjoying the game, regardless. I'll keep doing random stuff for a bit until going back to the main quest.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »

Since I lost my saves for DDS 2 and Grandia 3 (FUCK), and can't play Valkyria Chronicles like I planned, I started up Skies of Arcadia Legends.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2009, 03:52:36 PM »

Up to mission 35 with Grand Master on all difficulties in Tenchu Z.  The random pit traps in places where a pit trap does not make sense is starting to annoy me quite a bit.

My character looks damn awesome though.

Rumble Roses XX -- Not bad actually.  It's pretty fun and has lots of eye candy, but it takes something like 800 hours to get a full 1000 gamerscore from it, so...  Yeah, I'll play it every now and then and delete it off my list so it doesn't affect our %.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »

Been playing the original Devil May Cry as of late.  This game hasn't exactly stood the test of time, but it's enjoyable enough.

I also started playing Warhammer Online again.  This shit is coming together quite well (definitely moreso than when I last played it), although the end game is still rather nonexistent.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: