Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:27:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334580 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 305851 times)
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: February 18, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

Ew, if you're going to use the pad, at least use the actual pad... even if it is shitty.  Or you can just buy a stick if you're so determined to do "advanced" combos.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: February 18, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »

Been playing Phantasy Star on the genesis collection.

Estimate I'm 70% through or so.
Just got the
Code:
Spaceship
and really have no idea what to do now.

Encounters are so frequent in this game and can be quite lengthy.

If I remember correctly you're a little less than halfway through right now. I think you're supposed to
Code:
use the ship to start exploring Motavia now. Though if you have the Messetas (over 4000) I would suggest going to the first town in Dezoris and getting the Laser Gun for Odin.

Apparently I lied about the time I took to get to where I was in my last update on my progress through XS. It was actually 12 and a-half hours. Right now though I'm about 20 hours in and I'm just about to finish up with the Cathedral Ship. Also right now my active characters are Shion, Chaos, and Ziggy.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: February 18, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »

Ew, if you're going to use the pad, at least use the actual pad... even if it is shitty.  Or you can just buy a stick if you're so determined to do "advanced" combos.

Or, you know, not.  The d-pad is horribly uncomfortable and makes for very rough, slow motions.  Meanwhile, I can do walk-up 720's on analog.

And you kind of have to learn to do combos if you plan to play competetively, which I do.  I can zone and play mindgames all day, but they're not going to get me anything if I can't actually do something once I've landed a hit.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: February 18, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »

Just get a damned Hori stick, you guys.  :P

I'm up to *breeeeeeeeeeeeathe* mission 45, Grand Master all difficulties in Tenchu Z.  Should have it done tonight.  I can't wait.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »

My hands are slowly adapting to the abuse of the 360 controller, proving once again that stubborn people can adapt to ANYTHING.

Unlocked all the basic characters, working on learning basics for all the characters so I can start unlocking the big three.  I hate unlocking characters in fighting games, it's so incredibly tedious.

Does anyone know what part of Bison's Scissor Kick is cancellable?  I'm trying to teach myself to cancel his Scissor Kick into his super(Which is SUPPOSED to be possible) but I'm having no luck finding the sweet spot.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »

I've only beaten it with Sagat and Ken so far. This will take a while:\ 

Still playing the Genesis collection too. I have to mention that Shinobi arcade is a really pathetic game.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: February 18, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »

Encounters are so frequent in this game and can be quite lengthy.

Get a list of monsters you can talk your way out of fighting. There's quite a few. And some less obvious ones, like spiders, can be braintalked to.

I got DQ5 today. Am I correct in assuming that you collect wives the same way you get monsters to join your party?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:17 PM »

I got DQ5 today. Am I correct in assuming that you collect wives the same way you get monsters to join your party?

No. That's in Pokemon.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:11 AM »

Has anyone had any issues with saved games with the genesis collection yet?
Twice I've saved my phantasy star game, only to load it back up again and see it was an hour or so before I last saved it....
I've started using the save states as a back up.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:57 AM »

I played some P4 last night and love, love, love it!  The school trip with the camping...classic!  I also met
Code:
Rise
(not really a spoiler, but I'm always careful) and am starting that dungeon.  Anyone know the VA for that character?  Sounds so familiar and yet I can't put my finger on it. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: February 19, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »

Her voice actor is Laura Bailey.  http://www.lizardbee.com/

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: February 19, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

I've been playing SFIV non-stop and did a bunch of online matches last night. I actually won more than I lost which kind of surprised me. I still have a few characters left to unlock but I should get that done today. I've also FINALLY gotten my bluetooth headset paired with my PS3 so I can actually chat now.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2009, 03:27:32 PM »

Finished Tenchu Z, Grand Master on all difficulties, got my full 1000 gamerscore, yeah!

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2009, 08:10:05 PM »

SO2: 12 hours.  Just finished catching up on PAs.  The port has some rather...interesting new PAs.  While I should probably be studying some materials, I think I'll go play some more SO 2 since I'm in a bad mood and there's no better way of counteracting that than to beat up a ton of monsters.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:39 AM »

I've unlocked everybody in SF4 except Seth.  My hands are in pain but I think I'm adapting to the 360 analog stick and buttons, finally.  Now to work on getting Seth, and then I can start actually playing the damn game.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: