Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 08:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332024 Posts in 13601 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304678 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: March 05, 2009, 02:36:29 AM »

I was actually planning on raising Sheeda as an archer since she's capped her Spd as a Peg Knight and that I thought it would be nice to have an archer who doesn't suck. Killed off Gohdon and George because they suck and I need to keep my numbers low for the second Gaiden chapter.

Code:
Finished rescuing people from the foundation in XSep1. Now I've got to talk to the mayor, pass go, and collect $200.

Otherwise a slow week (what with school starting back up again).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: March 05, 2009, 03:06:23 AM »

Started over on Half-Life 2, in The Orange Box. That auto-save function can be a pain in the rear sometimes. There were moments where I had no health and ammunition and then the checkpoint save went into effect, and I was screwed, yet I still managed to claw myself through.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: March 05, 2009, 03:33:24 AM »

Beat the first mission in the Human-campaign for Disciples 2. Good stuff, but I wish you could transfer more than one of your heroes between missions.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: March 05, 2009, 07:49:07 AM »

I was actually planning on raising Sheeda as an archer since she's capped her Spd as a Peg Knight and that I thought it would be nice to have an archer who doesn't suck. Killed off Gohdon and George because they suck and I need to keep my numbers low for the second Gaiden chapter.

Code:
Finished rescuing people from the foundation in XSep1. Now I've got to talk to the mayor, pass go, and collect $200.

Sheeda should stay as a class that lets her use Lances, her Wing Spear is pretty much the only thing special about her, and the only reason to use her at all.  Her STR is way too low for her to be useful otherwise.

And the Gaidens are worthless.  There's no extra story, the characters aren't any better than the ones you are killing off, and ultimately you're just limiting yourself.

@Tomara: The only problem is that MAges have a base 20% MAG growth, and only units who starts as a Mage get natural MAG growth.  So anyone who didn't start as a Mage or Cleric isn't going to get shit for MAG which, while less important to have high than in previous games, is still important to have SOME of.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: March 05, 2009, 09:41:02 AM »

Mag growth is not that important in a game were enemies barely have any resistance. Shiida's strength growth is very poor whatever class she's in and enemies do get defense. She's better off as a speedy mage, because she's do some decent damage that way.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: March 05, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »

But then she loses the Wing Spear, which is the very thing that makes her a good unit.  You can make any of the Peg Knights into a "Speedy but weak mage", but none of them lose out on using the Wing Spear and those delicious triple STR attacks.  If you want to make a non-mage into a mage, you should pick somebody that isn't that great to begin with, like Tomas or Navarre, or either of the othe two Peg Knights(Est should stay as a Peg Knight because she's ludicrously strong; wasting her amazing growths by turning her into a Mage should be a crime), that way you aren't wasting potential greatness in an attempt to get a few mediocre mages.

And I already pointed out that you don't need a lot of MAG to be effective, but you do need SOME, esp. since books don't have very high power.  20% MAG growth isn't going to get you almost any at all, unless you feverishly RNG abuse with in-battle saves.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: March 05, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »

Weakness hitting weapons are everywhere, just buy some for your good characters.

Shiida's base magic growth is 5%, her base strength growth is 10%.

Her magic growth as a mage is 35%, which is pretty good. It becomes 25% after promoting to a sage.

Her strength growth as a pegasus knight is 20%. It's 25% at most and that is as a paladin.

Magic gives her ranged attacks, which is what every unit with crap defense and HP wants.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: March 05, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »

Broke down and bought a DS (real late to the party.) Bought FFTA2 and I'm liking it so far. Yeah, like FFTA, story blows so far, but I still love the gameplay.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: March 05, 2009, 03:14:25 PM »

Little late to the party, but started up Portal.  Pretty good.  I like the humour.

Eternal Sonata -- Recruited Jazz, Claves, and Falsetto.  GOOD GOD, why are these three not my main characters?  They KICK THE SHIT out of Polka and Beat and...  The other kids.

THERE IS A BRAWLER NAMED FALSETTO.  HER NAME IS FALSETTO.

Falsetto.

Totally up my alley in all the right ways.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: March 05, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »

Tomara: I'm pretty sure Mage only gives a +20% MAG growth.  And the Wing Spear is vastly superior to any of the other type-kill weapons.

It basically comes down to this: You have have a very powerful Peg Knight with a powerful unique weapon that covers many bases at once, or you can have a mediocre Mage that could be generically replaced by pretty much any other fast unit in the game.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: March 05, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »

You're missing the point Gen! Right now I'm just looking for a class that doesn't have high speed since she capped hers as a Peg Knight. Plus it's nice having an archer that doesn't suck right now (she trumps Norne in both Str and Spd which is what Norne trumped Gohdon with when I killed him off).

Code:

And the Gaidens are worthless.  There's no extra story, the characters aren't any better than the ones you are killing off, and ultimately you're just limiting yourself.

At least they're the one challenging thing about Normal mode. Besides, a lot of characters are cardboard cutouts anyways plus I get to work on making a Harem for Marth (this would have been awesome if he was as pantless as he was back in the original but I'll take what I can get). Also Athena's awesome and I'm still working my way to the next Gaiden chapter (also Hardin's dead since
Code:
he's a dirty traitor).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: March 05, 2009, 08:53:49 PM »

I don't think those stats carry over, but whatever.

Just bought Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard, and the game is amazing.  Just gunned down Dexter's Robot sextoy/assassins and I'm hunting him down in his zombie/soviet/Haloguy infested house.  With a Watergun.

This is the best 3rd person shooter ever.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 05, 2009, 11:28:50 PM »

Dang - I didn't realize Matt Hazard was out!  Gotta get it.  Wonder if there's a demo...

Picked up Retro Game Challenge yesterday.  Just lost the 15,000 point Rally King challenge by croaking with 10 points left to go. :P

I've been slogging through the missions in Crisis Core - anyone here actually finish them all?  I don't know if I care enough any more.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: March 06, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »

Matt Hazard is amazing.

"An ellipse?  What the hell man?  What the hell is that even supposed to mean?  I've never understood you RPG guys and your damn ellipses.  How many gamers have wasted their lives clicking through your damn ellipses?"

"..."

"Oh, right, I have to hit the button.  Stupid RPG crap."

I want to change my avatar to the JRPG boss.  He's so pretty.  And he can summon Space Marines!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: March 06, 2009, 12:45:14 AM »

Been playing Star Ocean 4.  Fun game.  Finally unlocked the fighting arena and the bunny races.  Slightly disappointed that you can't see the stats for the reward items without purchasing them.  Either way, I bought a kickass bow for Reimi since I enjoy using her.  Kind of conflicted on what techniques to use.  Her kick-thing tech seems nice for when enemies get close.  I also like her new area of affect move (the one that shoots a single arrow but turns into a ton of arrows in a 360 degree radius around the enemy(ies).  

I'm conflicted whether to spend points on that one or keep her very first technique (which still rocks).

Also, what all carries over in a New Game+?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: