Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 300670 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: April 01, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »

I killed my wife and hid her body in the basement.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111oooooooooooooo

Sorsalux, I played Disciples 2 while cooking my laundry last night. Finally finished the second mission on the Empire side. Missions are long. They also have tons of optional stuff to do. And there are 9 campaigns with the expaks.

Content! Hurray!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: April 02, 2009, 01:13:37 AM »

I finished Dead Space today. That game was great.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: April 02, 2009, 11:13:49 AM »

Gears of War - Somehow I have made it to Act 3. The graphics in this game are amazing, but the grey/brown/grey color scheme is getting to me. Just because everything is destroyed and the world is in chaos, doesn't mean there wouldn't be color in it. Mass Effect and Dead Space both had similar schemes. I need to play something more colorful before I fall into deep depression.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: April 02, 2009, 11:02:06 PM »

Ugggh, I just experienced my first freeze in Ar Tonelico 2 and lost about an hour and a half of play.

IT BEGINS!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:03:41 PM by Sketch » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: April 03, 2009, 05:10:53 AM »

Just purchased a copy of Castlevaina Circle of the Moon for $10. Came with a box and instructions too.

Otherwise I've been too busy with school and catching up on anime to do much this last month.

Also a sad panda since I (still) have no working SuperNES controller and I must play!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: April 03, 2009, 07:03:34 AM »

Having a great time with Godfather II on the 360. The customization this time around gives it a lot of depth. Recruiting, Upgrading and Promoting your own men is great. I'm looking forward to going online with this upon release.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: April 03, 2009, 10:03:56 AM »

New games mean new playing.  Anyway, not listing everything again but just a snapshot of a few:

Izuna: #(*$&*#($.  This is a game I should have read a FAQ for before doing certain things.  I accidentally erased a weapon I spent about 1 million adding SP to because I tried to put burn stats into it and lost all the SP.  Sweet!

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance: 4 hours or so into this.  It's my least favorite Metroidvania but a bad Metroidvania is still better than none.  Hopefully I'm done soon so I can jump into Aria of Sorrow.

Lunar: Dragon Song: I'm cautiously optimistic about this 30 minutes into the game.  Sure, there are a few major issues, but at the core it seems to have enough elements of the Lunar series to keep me going.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: April 03, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »

Finally finished up TWEWY. I'm feeling ambivalent about doing all the post-game stuff though. On one hand, I do want to do all the extra stuff to flesh out the story and find all the secret reports. On the other, there are so many other games I'd rather be playing right now. I'll probably put the extras on hold and come back to it if the need arises.

But yeah, TWEWY was fantastic. All the customization got overbearing at times, but TWEWY had one of the most compelling stories I've played in an RPG in a long time, and the game as a package just felt so original, polished, and well-put together.

I'm not sure what handheld RPG to start on next: DQ4, Yggdra Union for the PSP, or Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: April 03, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »

Yggdra Union.  Definitely Yggdra Union.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:12 PM »

I just started Lux-Pain.  I will have a review for the site when I'm done with it.  So far, it's a decent visual novel.  Imagine Time Hollow with a better story. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:15:31 PM by Dincrest » Logged

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: April 03, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »

Yes, TWEWY is the shit.
And yes, go for Yggdra Union.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 03, 2009, 11:39:17 PM »

DQIV may be quicker, but Yggdra Union's pretty good too. DQIV will be easier to come back to though should you be tempted to play something else, and it is pretty short (I beat it in 25 hours, and clearing the 6th chapter took an extra 5 hours). Not sure how short Yggdra Union is, but it's VERY different from anything you've played.
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: April 04, 2009, 01:19:34 AM »

Haven't been playing much 'cept for the occasional FFCC:EoT whenever my friend is online.  I only got like 3 crystal core fragments or whatever they're called. 
Speaking of which, if anyone has it would you like to exchange friend codes for assassin's sake? :P I've only used selkie in any FFCC for some reason and I think that assassin is the last selkie mercenary.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: April 04, 2009, 02:24:47 AM »

I just started Lux-Pain.  I will have a review for the site when I'm done with it.  So far, it's a decent visual novel.  Imagine Time Hollow with a better story. 

The reviews haven't been very kind to poor ol' Lux-Pain. I'm, like, way curious what you'll have to say about it.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: April 04, 2009, 02:32:21 AM »

Started up Echoes of Time. I can already tell this game is going to be better than Ring of Fates based on the improvements I've seen (no more crappy framerate and consumable magic system).

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: