Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:57:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327201 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 299600 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: April 05, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »

I played unlimited saga for like, two hours. On one quest. which isn't ending for some reason. The FAQ I read said you... just need to get to the final 'square' in the dungeon and it ends on its own. It's not doing this. And I've been everywhere in the dungeon I could possibly be. Sooo... I'm going to have to make a gamefaqs account and ask them. eww :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: April 05, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »

I've been trying to play Tales of Symphonia for some time now. 
But I just can't do it.

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: April 05, 2009, 08:50:44 PM »

Beat Suikoden. The last boss was too easy but overall it was a great game. I'm either going to be going with Suikoden II or continue from where I left off on Lunar II. After playing some WA:ACF, I felt the urge to start up XF again. I left off (last June, man I didn't know I played this game that long ago) at about 16 hours and I'm trying to remember what happened so far in the game to no avail=/. I may just start over.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: April 05, 2009, 09:15:15 PM »

Well, that's par for the course.  I was just about to fire up the old PSP to make sure my new games are fine and the damn thing won't boot up at all, so now it has to go in for service.  Fortunately (?) it happened within the first year of owning one.  On a related note, I guess I'll be going back to Aria of Sorrow now.  /sigh.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: April 05, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »

I decided since I've been very frustrated lately, I'd play some Oblivion to get my aggressions out.  All was going fine until my 360 froze.  This is actually the first time I've ever had a game freeze on me, maybe I just overused it today or maybe it's common with Oblivion...thank goodness the game autosaves quite a bit. 

Other than that, Rune Factory:  Frontier.   I've put in so many hours and I still feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of this game.  I'll get there eventually I'm sure.

I also rented TOV, I actually quite like it.  I'm thinking that I'll wait to buy it cuz I'd rather get it for the PS3, since it will have some extra content.  I didn't realize how much I was craving the Tales series. haha. 

Well, there's my weekend in a nutshell!

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: April 05, 2009, 11:53:32 PM »

Some people on another forum I visit were talking about Godhand, so I decided to start my ancient save over and kick some ass from the beginning.  The gameplay has taken a long time to sink in, but now that it has I love this game more than ever.  I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT.  MY STYLE IS IMPETUOUS.

I swear to God Clover/Platinum Studios is the most badass dev studio ever.

I'm also playing Rhythm Heaven on my brand new DSi.  I'll miss my old faithful silver one though :'(  I'm thinking of making a memorial for it.  As for the game, it's actually pretty difficult.  I'm usually really good at Rhythm games(I've got Ontomarama and Elite Beat Agents ACED, and I'm pretty fucking good at games like Parappa and Gitaroo Man), but this game is kicking my ass.  I think it's the stupid flick motion you have to make, it's not a motion I'm used to making on the DS screen.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: April 06, 2009, 01:14:13 AM »

Been waiting for Dragon Quest 8 to come in since it was half recommended from the post I put up a few weeks ago.. Seems like half of you guys love it the others don't like it at all.  I've got nothin to lose so we'll see how it goes. 

The other day I got called a cheater in Street Fighter 4.  It was pretty funny actually.  I can't blame him considering I took off about 55% of his life bar (he was using Blanka who has 1050 stamina to boot) with one combo without using an ultra.  I love Chun-li.  Such a fuckin beast once you start to master her 32178914515 combos.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: April 06, 2009, 01:39:45 AM »

Aside from the mandatory games (Blue Dragon Plus is failing the impress me and why am I playing a pool game again?) I've been playing Persona 4. A lot. Too much, actually. Do I have problems if I think Kanji and Naoto are the easiest to identify with?

One thing that doesn't annoy me is that the characters, even Naoto, need so much time to figure things out.
Code:
I had been screaming "copycat" for months and finally, somewhere in October, they finally draw the same conclusion. Or the Naoto thing, I thought it was pretty obvious.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 10:40:24 AM by Tomara » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: April 06, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »

The kid and I continue to rock Castle Crashers. This game just keeps going. I figured we would have finished it by now, but new areas keep popping up. I think we stopped in the undersea palace.

Gears - I think I'm nearing the end of Act 3. I wouldn't get anywhere in this game without the judicious use of checkpoints.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: April 06, 2009, 10:43:17 AM »

More Persona 4. 11/20 and I only have a few social links left to finish. I don't think I'll be able to max lovers, but I don't like Rise so I don't consider it a big loss. There is always next playthrough...

Now I'm working on the final hermit social link request. I really want to catch that guardian today (game time), but I'm not having any luck...
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: April 06, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »

I actually started up Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time instead of Yggdra Union because my PSP was not cooperating with me.

But yeah, I freaking loved Superstar Saga and I love this one just as much, maybe even more. The timed button presses just make battles so much more interactive than your typical RPG, and there's great level design (reminds me of Golden Sun) and more intricate gameplay (with Baby Mario & Luigi in the mix now), and bosses that require strategy (just finished up the caterpillar boss and got the second cobalt shard, it was fun trying to figure out how to kill it in the most efficient way). Not to mention an amusing, light-hearted story (koopas that talked l33tspeak, wtf).

This series deserves more love.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: April 06, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »

Rented and beat FEAR 2 last week and am close to beating Lunar 1. Good god, not to sound stuck in the 90's, but if only more modern games had characters like the ones in Lunar, I actually feel like I'm gonna miss them after I've beaten the game.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: April 06, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »

Had a completed game trifecta yesterday with Castlevaina: Circle of the Moon (once again), Wario Land 3 (no need for glitches), and Dawn of Mana (finally).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »

unlimited saga: Beat the mission I was stuck on. Apparently the victory condition is just defeating a set number of enemies (like the quest text implied X|) and the FAQ was wrong. Then I did some other quest for like, two hours and lost. I'm getting sabretigers as regular enemies now, which is *bad*. However, the puzzle in this quest involved putting some seashells on a grid to open a door. Now that I know how to arrange them, I'm not going to get killed by backtracking. I probably wouldn't have anyways if I'd have thought to collect a bunch of shells all at once instead of just 2 or 3 at a time. Oh well. My fault.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: April 07, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »

Dead Rising can be annoying.  But getting the real Mega Buster helps a lot.  That and a fully upgraded small chainsaw.  Trying to get the A ending, once that's done, I'll be cleaning up the rest of my achievements.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: