Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341017 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 309226 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: April 07, 2009, 01:47:32 AM »

Went back and beat the quest I was having trouble with. Got kind of crappy skill panels because I rushed through it without fighting much and also had everyone using non-standard skills so I could save my weapons for the boss. However, I did get diplomacy L3 for Kurt which is... a lot more useful than I realized.

It would also appear that I'm quite near the end of emelia's quest in sgf1. Perhaps I will finish that and... play Riki or something.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 02:05:03 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #946 on: April 07, 2009, 02:39:27 AM »

So, I was playing NHL 09 online tonight.  Got into a match with a random guy named "hattrick dude" or something.  He chose the Flyers, and I dominated him, 5-1.  I get a message directly after the match for a rematch with the message "i would rule you if I were the hawks."  So I accept, and choose my Anaheim Ducks once more, and he's Chicago.  He quit when I scored my 7th goal.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: April 07, 2009, 03:38:16 AM »

Finished up Ar Tonelico 2 at 33 hours or so. I honestly didn't really enjoy it that much. Even the battle system--which is easily the best part of the game--started to become a major drag by the end of the game. Square, X, Square, X, Defend, fail to defend successfully because the game is buggy and hiccups every time something happens on the screen, Square, X, song magic, done.

I dunno, man. I don't think NIS games are really my cup of tea (except Ar Tonelico 1 and Atelier Iris 1; those were badass).
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: April 07, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - Man, forgot how short this awesome game is.  One more fight and it's on to Dawn of Sorrow.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: April 08, 2009, 01:36:19 AM »

unlimited saga -

* Picked Ruby's creepy younger brother.
* Started one of the 7 Wonder's Quests.
* Unlocked Reverse Delta for Mordeus.
* The other dude in my party that loses LP like a motherfucker from everything continues to be a total mook.
* Also, Mordeus has Quick-Fix L3 which is, uh, good, because the reel for that has a good amount of green on it, and tends to slide in your favor a lot.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: April 08, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »

Castlevaina: Circle of the Moon: I had to go and get at least one complete file so I'm currently at Lv. 60 with 99.8% exploration and I have collected all the DSS cards save for Black Dog, a copy of every Armor save for the Mirror Armor, and two copies of every Accessory save for the Gambler's Armband and the Bear Ring.

Also picked up Suikoden III again in an effort to finish it once and for all.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: April 08, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »

Dead Rising almost made me murder my entire family last night.

I'm doing the photograph all PP stickers achievement and...  Fuck.  I had six out of one hundred left and I had to get abducted by cultists to get two shots.  And I gathered that they'd strip me of my gear, but...  I could not find it anywhere.  And all I had was a cutting blade and my underwear.  So they stabbed me to death.  And the previous two hours WASTED.

So, two hours after THOSE two hours, I get back to the same point.  But I'm saving the last two stickers for after I get the rest.  This way, I can get murdered all I want and not lose my achievement.  All I have are two in the meat processing plant and the two in the cultist's rape room.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: April 08, 2009, 05:16:40 PM »

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - 8 hours.  This game's freaking epic for completionists.  Considering I'm already at a longer time than when I completed Aria of Sorrow and only 42% is completed, I'm pretty impressed.  Unless this game starts sucking pretty badly, it's definitely my favorite Metroidvania.  Glad I was able to pick it up before it got to the profiteering stage. >_>

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: April 08, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »

Dead Rising almost made me murder my entire family last night.

I felt like that almost the whole time I was playing that game.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #954 on: April 08, 2009, 09:02:29 PM »

12 hours into Lux-Pain and I think I'm about halfway through it.  I really like this game. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: April 09, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »

saga frontier:

emilia, last trinity base mission, second to last mission in general. gonna run around in the base and grind a bit because oddly i enjoy doing that.

unlimited saga:

finished mirror table quest, did three keys quest. getting crappy growth panels. need to do harder quests.

ffl2:

got my monster some decent meat and he became a TORTOISE. He has the same attack power but 2x defense 2x.

fukken want to play grandia but that's ELSEHWERE.

bought cacti from the internet.

studied some SDL tutorials and gamestate machine stuff. will try implementing tomorrow.

pushed wizardry 8 onto my stack of games that I'm *really intending to play* right now before may hits and I stop playing RPGs in favor of zork.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:23:41 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: April 09, 2009, 03:08:33 AM »

Almost finished Persona 4. It was foggy (after several days of rain) this morning and since I was still half asleep when I saw it, I kinda panicked a little -_-'

For some reason I was able to finish the Lovers social link after 11/30. According to FAQs that shouldn't have been possible.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »

Playing a lot of Oblivion lately and having a great time.  I'm not doing many quests but generally exploring, looting and messing around with enchantments and alchemy. Good times.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: April 09, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »

Got my stupid PP sticker achievement in Dead Rising.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: April 09, 2009, 04:32:58 PM »

Almost finished Persona 4. It was foggy (after several days of rain) this morning and since I was still half asleep when I saw it, I kinda panicked a little -_-'

For some reason I was able to finish the Lovers social link after 11/30. According to FAQs that shouldn't have been possible.

If you're using the one at GameFAQs it's worded wrong.  There are two specific Slinks you can't finish after a certain point in November, and I assume you know which two those are if you're that far.  Every other Slink can be raised all the way up until Dec. 23rd(Technically the 24th, but if you don't go dungeon crawling and finish the boss that day you get BAD END so...)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: