Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 01:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340872 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 309050 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: April 15, 2009, 12:00:46 PM »

The only thing I've ever found is the summary FAQ on GameFAQs.  I've been trying to get hold of a copy of the book for a while so I can pay to get it translated, but no such luck.

I'm pretty sure it's Cube that posessed him, but I admit I could be wrong.  It's been years since I did Emelia's Quest(I mostly just replay T260's and Red's quests when I play nowadays) so I don't remember all the details.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #991 on: April 15, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »

Just dabbling a bit here and there.  In Retro Game Challenge, I finished all the challenges in Haggleman 3 and in FF4:Advance I'm about 9-10 hours in and just finished the Tower of Zot. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: April 15, 2009, 12:05:14 PM »

Restarted Valkyria Chronicles since the DLC is out tomorrow.  I'm on battle 4.  New game + rocks.  I like having all my big rifles.  :P

Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: April 15, 2009, 09:55:13 PM »

I've been moving fairly slow in Infinite Undiscovery. Because of the massive-ass-eating research papers I turned in this and last week, I've been investing my time in in-town events. I rarely did town actions with support characters because I typically found the items gained were sort of useless. It's comfortable though: being able to play piece by piece without returning to the game and wondering what the fap kind of dungeon you're in.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: April 15, 2009, 10:20:51 PM »

I just bought Samurai Shodown Anthology, and holy frickin' pogo stick wielding walruses, there is a LOT of fucking content on that disc!  The first 5 games are a lot of content in and of themselves, but Samurai Shodown 6 has an absolutely insane amount of content all by it's lonesome.  There's got to be around 50 unique characters in the roster, and each one has 7 or so different playstyles that can potentially change the entire way they're played.  Christ, I really need to move somewhere where there's an active fighting game community of some kind.  I need to get my Shizumaru on.

Also bought the Dark Spire, which I'm starting up momentarily.
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: April 15, 2009, 10:40:54 PM »

Holy shit, Samurai Shodown VI is included in the Anthology?  I gotta get on that shit, then. I played Samurai Shodown V Special at my cousin's once and it seemed pretty cool.
My T5 stick's been collecting dust because I suck bad at MvC2. :P  Well I suck at FGs in general but whatever. :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:43:46 PM by Geop » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: April 15, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

Started Riki.

Fed Riki a zombie.

Riki turned into a MetalSlime.

Fed Riki a Shellbug.

Riki turned into some sort of blue lion thing. His strength is currently 3x the party average, he has 400 HP, and 100 some WP.

8]

And then I got ate by Tanzer. !@#% Tanzer.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:51 PM »

Finished the last route of Ever 17 over the weekend. Crazy good game! Was still in the mood for a visual novel so I started Fatal Hearts, and I'm really liking the addition of puzzles. Most of them are clever and not just some slider puzzle.

Also started Lunar 2 and just beat the 1st boss. Dunno what to make of it yet, but I can't wait to see where it goes.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: April 16, 2009, 01:28:11 AM »

I didn't have anything to play anymore so I decided to dig through my backlog of games. Started playing TWEWY again. Why I ever quit this game is beyond me. It's way too good. I'm in the middle of Josh's story (no not me, the Josh in the game :P )

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: April 16, 2009, 01:45:07 AM »

I found a Saturn and Panzer Dragoon for 70 bucks, so I decided to purchase it without a second thought. I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

...Now I just need to find some other Saturn games... =_=

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: April 16, 2009, 02:53:31 AM »

Chrono Cross:

Went into the dead sea which is like, my favorite area in the game. Except I forgot to turn on PS2 disc speed up so the thing was running slow as hell, and I don't have any revive elements on hand, so I couldn't revive peeps when they got dead. And the dudes that kept dying were Lynx and Norris, one of which has to be in the party and one of which I like using in general because they rock.

LoRes should, in theory, work. It doesn't actually seem to be working. Maybe if I move it up in the grid so it lasts longer. I was honestly never that comfortable with how phases played out in CC. Also, I need something to uh, block its 300+ damage attacks and that goddamned blinding thing.

RS3:

Yeah I barely even played this let's just

Arcana:

Actually got this last weekend. Leveled up a bit. Nice game. Glad I finally got around to buying a copy.

Unlimited Saga:

Did... the sparkling waterfall quest. Which was short and easy and gave me generally crappy panels. Sort of. I got Staff 3 for the little mage dude which I wanted, and defuse 3 for Kurt which is VERY good -- except i lost inconspicuous for it which I'm sure I'll regret. However, Kurt's Skill stat is now within acceptable levels, so he's doing better LP damage. Like, to the extent I might be able to take out that Gauntlet beast I'm stuck at with just kicks.

Also got 13000 Kr and got Life Protection on one of Mordeus' armors, which is good. However, now all of my weapons are run down and I just ran into, inadvertently, another quest in... some town. Which actually sounds sort of neat since it's basically about securing areas in a town in a certain order, so it's got a very strategy/tactics vibe to it. But my weapons suck. Though, I did pick up a new character in doing this.

Anyway, going to stop doing sidequests unless I need to since I... really don't need to and I've been running into really easy ones.

Also going to play more tomorrow because my eyes hurt and I'm not hitting panels very well right now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: April 16, 2009, 05:00:42 PM »

Valkyria Chronicles is great.  I'm on that terrible desert battle that everyone hates.  But all my dudes are level 17 and 18...  So, I'm not expecting trouble.  :P

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: April 16, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »

The Dark Spire is BALLS hard.  I just finished grinding some money with the pre-made team they give you, and I'm about the hand off all their equipment and stuff to my own created party(Since an enemy group of more than 3 things will wipe out a level 1 party, and the game likes to send like 6-7 enemies at you at once).  I don't like Halflings at all, so I'm going in with a Human Warrior(Roland VII, a gruff powerhouse covered in scars and who has survived an axe to the face, AND who has TWO beards), a Dwarven Thief(Darren, a relatively young(100 years) dwarf who still hasn't grown in his full beard yet and who used to work with a noble pirate gang), a Human Priest(Nina, a young priest from the Temple of Order who is trying to become more knowledgeable of the world, yes she has a feather robe with wings on it and yes I do love Breath of Fire way too much), and an Elven Mage (Chalel, an ascetic in training who is well versed in quarterstaff fighting as well as magic, he has  a large scar running down the length of his back that he refuses to talk about but which he always leaves unovered.)

Yeah, I get a little involved in my generic parties.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:23:32 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: April 16, 2009, 05:44:49 PM »

Valkyria Chronicles is great.  I'm on that terrible desert battle that everyone hates.  But all my dudes are level 17 and 18...  So, I'm not expecting trouble.  :P

I liked that battle :P

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: April 16, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »

Well, got a replacement PSP so I've been checking out some games.

D&D Tactics - uuuuuuuuuuuuuh.  Other than the music the game isn't doing much for me so far after a mission.

FFT: War of the Lions - Can't really tell the difference between battle speeds but then it's been a few years since I played the PSX version.  However, the translation is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the crap that was in the original, which automatically makes that $10 double dip worthwhile to me.

FF2: I'm actually kind of amazed just how much better this version is technically than the FF Origins version (other than the ported cinemas - nice slack there -_-).  Much like the previous I hadn't planned on picking this up, but at $10 I'm happy with it so far early on, assuming it has the same easy difficulty level of Origins by default. 

Next up - Final Fantasy.  Should get a few hours into this tomorrow depending on what happens with my exercise time...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:52:50 PM by Ryos » Logged

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: