Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:34:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332803 Posts in 13636 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 304972 times)
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: April 27, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »

I spent a good chunk of time on DQ4 this past weekend and managed to start up Chapter 5. Now I'm about to go to the lighthouse to fix that shit up.

I'm having lots of fun with the game and am thinking of just picking up DQ5 and playing it right after I finish this one. DQ is just plain good times. 

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: April 27, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »

Anyways I've started up LoZ:LADX but it looks like I'm going to have to restart it (the pictures are not that obvious to get).

Also I nearly screwed up a second time in FFTA2 but I was able to pull it out in the end (I had saved after accepting a mission that I wasn't able to complete yet, but unlike the last one I was only 70 AP away from unlocking one of the required jobs although I had accepted a second mission that would take 10 days to complete but I only had 7 to accept both. As for the AP itself no one mission could provide me that much except for the current story mission however it would take far to long to both complete it and return in time to accept the other missions. There were two other missions I could take but neither of those would provide enough AP needed to unlock the class in question (even with the AP1 clan bonus since one of the missions didn't provide you the opportunity to use it). And while one of the missions provided you the opportunity to recruit a unit that could also use the job in question I hadn't gotten far enough into the game to be able to recruit him with it so the only option I had left was to acquire a greater AP clan bonus so that the one mission that could use the AP bonus could give enough AP to meet the requirements to unlock the job necessary to complete the mission instead of having to wait a full 240 days to get a second chance to complete it.)

Leires and the Jungle are like the uh, longest dungeons in the game. And most confusing. Leires warps you or something and it has those outside staircase fuckeries FUCK, Jungle has the flowerling gates.

Also, the thing with enemies respawning. Game I'm playing now is in Nightmare Mode, from level 1. Unlike in normal mode, *things can kill you*. Also unlike in normal mode, *things have a lot of health*. Like, for an example, AT level 1, rabbites in Mekiv Caverns kill you in about two hits, and generally do that unless you're being incredibly cheap and using the spear, which is boring*. Now, ONCE you get to level 21, rabbits aren't an issue, but like... I'm doing the beach, now. And things there kill you in about four or five hits -- maybe six -- and generally aren't bad at getting said hits in because they either combo or shoot electricity or whatever. So a lot of time is spent with me just kind of ducking around, trying not to get hit/trying to get my health back up a bit while Bud wails on things with magic.

Fights take a *very long time* because of this.

* Explanation: At level 1, your only real way I found to do things is to isolate enemies with uh, plunge attacks that sort of fling them, and then combo them into a coma, and then combo them some more. I'm using nunchucks because they have an inherent stun affect, and they get four quick attacks, so you can get something like 6 or 7 long attack combos. Knives might get more. Bows aren't very good for comboing apparently, and if you need range, which is more important on Nightmare, then uh, Magic, despite being a lot weaker and a little fiddlier, grants temporary immunity.

If you think Nightmare is bad try No Future Mode. X(

The game literally becomes impossible to complete in that mode unless you're willing to give up any future you might of had before trying to complete LoM on NFM. Even with good weapons and a Level 90+ Land Dragon I still couldn't beat the game entirely on NFM simply because everything but you, your pet/golem, and the bosses has thousands upon thousands of HPs apiece. And as you've said before exploration in that game is arduous enough as it is without having to spend an hour or two on every fight in the game.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: April 27, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »

If you think Nightmare is bad try No Future Mode. X(

I've played No Future. I'm doing this from level 1, mind. I'm not THAT masochistic.

Of course, they both have level 99 tropicallo. Which I beat. Once. And that was enough.

SGF:

Did the Yorkland stuff. Had to ditch Riki's powerfulish GroundHit because it was making him very unstable. Still scumming for skills. Bad me.

Gen Eric Gui is there a chart of what stats mystics get from which monsters or something.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:24:26 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: April 27, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »

Icewind Dale II -- Damned werebadgers.

Eternal Sonata -- I'm in a volcano.

Shining Force CD -- I'm on the last battle of the first chapter of Nick's book.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: April 27, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

Started playing Yo-Jin-Bo with relcutance, since there's not a lot of non-H visual novels available in English, so I'm hesitant to exhaust my options. I've been enjoying it so far, probably gonna do Ittosai's route first.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: April 27, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »

Final Fantasy - 3ish hours.  After doing my usual reverse play run, I checked out some of the new content.  NOT impressed so far there.  Too much risk for too little reward.  If my thief doesn't get awesome here soon I'm never running a thief again. >:|

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: April 27, 2009, 09:56:40 PM »

SGF:

Did the Yorkland stuff. Had to ditch Riki's powerfulish GroundHit because it was making him very unstable. Still scumming for skills. Bad me.

Gen Eric Gui is there a chart of what stats mystics get from which monsters or something.

I know there's one in the old strategy guide, but I dunno if there's one online.  Although, if it's in the strat guide, it's pretty likely somebody copied it onto the net somewheres.  Check Gamefaqs.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: April 28, 2009, 12:50:08 AM »

I found one but the formatting blows (millions of spiders out of its mouth and into my long, flaxen hair). It'll work I guess, though.

I sort of feel bad about negleting Lute in favor of Fei-on. I mean, his personal quest is sort of silly (although goodish from a completely sandbox perspective I guess, which is probably why it's there) but I think he's an all around pretty cool dude. His seems pretty effective, too. However, I already have Gen as a sword user and he's a bit better. I'll probably use Lute a lot with Blue, anyway.

Also wondering about how combos work in this now (and RS:MS, I guess). I was doing some research on how they work in US and it seems like each attacks inherent "speed" value matters a lot there (And is probably also the only thing that effects when enemies attack in relation to you. With SGF it just sounds like certain attacks are more likely to combo than others. RS:MS I'm less sure about, because stuff seems to combo more frequently than SGF. It also seems to be base loosely on "attack type."

o/` I do not dream o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: April 28, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »

In Frontier the combos seem to mostly base themselves on the type of attack involved and the characters' relative QUI stats.  So like, Standing + Standing types with two characters who will attack at the same time makes a combo.  Or something like that, I never really tried too hard with combos because they usually end up forming themselves.  Of course, this usually fucked me over when I tried to play as Riki, since one of his quests requires you to do combos(and due to turn constraints, you need to be able to do at least a consistent level 4 combos :/)

Lute's strength is that he is completely average at everything.  You can make him into whatever you want; he won't excel at it, but he won't be awful either(Like trying to make Mei-Ling use Martial arts.  lulz).  It's a strong indicator of his character type when his story mode "power" (Like Red's Alkaiser moves and Emelia's costume changes) is that you can take him out of your party in favor of a group of any 5 characters you want.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: April 28, 2009, 04:20:37 AM »

Did emelia's costume changes incur any stat alterations? For some reason I THOUGHT they did but now I'm not sure.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: April 28, 2009, 06:04:04 AM »

Lute's odd because for me he had a 50/50 shot of being great or a waste of space.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: April 28, 2009, 06:37:54 AM »

Eternal Sonata -- Why isn't Jazz my main character?  That guy's loads cooler than Alegretto or Polka.

Code:
Claves died.  She kinda sucked anyway.  Falsetto kicks her ass.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: April 28, 2009, 09:27:50 AM »

Did emelia's costume changes incur any stat alterations? For some reason I THOUGHT they did but now I'm not sure.

They gave her better affinities with different types of attacks.  Or at least, they're supposed to.

Pink Tiger = Martial Arts
Bunny = Magic
Dancer = Swords
Commando = Guns
Wedding Dress = All effects of all dresses

Normally, the only thing Emelia is even halfway decent with is Guns, and she has poor affinity with everything else.  With the costumes, she becomes pretty damn good at whatever the costume's specialty is.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: April 29, 2009, 01:14:35 AM »

Got boat in Terranigma. Did stuff to expand Litz. Found various treasures and thangs in places.

I really should be working on my ATR report.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: April 29, 2009, 01:23:34 AM »

Yggdra Union.

Just passed the part where you're supposed to choose whether to fight Rosary or Roswell.  I chose Roswell and Durant saved me big time against Roswell and sorcerers with that Chariot card or whatever it was called.  Milanor almost died after leaving him idle in the Ankh's line of fire for two of the Black Rose's turns, which preceded his loss to a Roswell that had 5 morale left.  The next Ankh shot or fight would have killed him.  Luckily, Durant was the Union leader and used Refreshment which saved him from the Ankh on the next turn.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: