Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:57:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338011 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 307610 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »

Actually I found all the dungeons in town. Except they have hidden doors. I have yet to find the *hidden doors* *within* the dungeons.

I found them by watching NPCs. They tend to just randomly wander into them for some reason.

Also did some SGF instead of, uh, cleaning out my dorm because it's not like I'm moving out tomorrow or anything. Even though I totally am. Got some decent thing for Nasukan's Boot slot, so that his wil and str are now +25. Increased Riki's HP a bit. It was lagging (well, I mean, he's still the HPest guy in the party, but...) because I had a hard time getting Shrieker stable.

I also get the impression that a dedicated magic user in SGF, like a dedicated magic user in FF2, is completely a bad idea.

By the way, is int only relevant to *learning* new magic? If so, I'll ditch my lich absorb for something that beefs up Will once I have Shadow and Mystic magic mastered.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:25:00 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: May 06, 2009, 09:31:25 AM »

In regards to Eternal Sonata, I thought it was a good game but it was linear to a fault. I'm all about exploration so it was a big negative against the game in my book.  Still worth playing though, for sure. Btw, I've only played the 360 version and I think the PS3 one added some junk.  Lately I've been playing C&C: Red Alert 3...Ha, that Rhymes.
Anyway, the PS3 "ultimate" edition of this has tons of value with lots of content and it seems to run better than the 360 version. I'm doing the allied campaign now and will probably check out the Empire of the Rising Sun afterward.  It's quite fun but I still suck at RTS's.

I'm still patiently waiting for UFC 2009. That game is gonna kick ass if the demo was any indication.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: May 06, 2009, 09:35:38 AM »

INT is only relevant to Gun damage and technique learning in general (not just magic).  So yes, ditch the Lich once you have all the spells you want.

And spellcasters in Frontier are amazingly powerful.  Blue is probably the single most brokenly powerful character in the game.  It just depends on which schools of magic you learn, and in what combinations.  You shouldn't really pick up Shadow magic unless you are using Blue/Rogue, because the best Shadow spell is a support spell that makes your next few spells more powerful(Shadow Servant), and you need high-damage spells like Megawindblast or Vermillion Sand, but in your case just go see Time Lord or Kylin and get Time Eclipse or Reverse Gravity instead.

But yeah, the biggest thing is to get high WIL so you can do lots of damage.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: May 06, 2009, 10:04:39 AM »

SOTN - Thoroughly enjoying this game now. Damn medusa heads drive me crazy, though. I turned into a wolf and was thinking it was pretty useless until I found a pot roast. Apparently, the dog allows for item finding. Doesn't appear to be useful for anything else. This game is addicting.
Bought me a copy of DMC4, cause I love these games. Better have an easy mode.
Saw that Fable 2 dropped in price to 29.99 on Amazon. Ordered that up.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: May 06, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »

I've played Ultimate Alliance for 7 hours now. I'm digging it. I'm on act 3 out of 5. I primarily use Wolverine and he is the only person I have been powering up with all the coins, but i just unlocked Blade last night so I might start powering him up as well. I think I like playing with 2 people better than 4. I played with a friend for like 3 hours and highly enjoyed, but when 2 others joined in it was too hectic and I just wasn't having as much fun. I didn't hate it like that, just prefer 2 or less people.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: May 06, 2009, 01:51:08 PM »

I beat Atelier Iris 2. I didn't think I could beat the final boss, but I persevered. Moving on to my game save of Kingdom Hearts. I left off at the final boss, but I need Aerora or Aeroga to stand a chance.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: May 06, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »

I played Phantasy Star III on the PS3.

The towns look the same and the character is slow and lots of weird dialogues.

Not sure if this is a spoiler:
At the start, you go to prison because your bride gets kidnapped by a demon. WTH

Regarding SOTN:
It will become easy when
Code:
you get the Crissigraem from Schmoo, inverted library
and you'll pwn the game. Yeah the game is very addicting, it's my 15th time to play it.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: May 06, 2009, 02:43:11 PM »

You shouldn't really pick up Shadow magic unless you are using Blue/Rogue, because the best Shadow spell is a support spell that makes your next few spells more powerful(Shadow Servant)

I was under the impression that it worked with every tech except DSC.

But yeah, the biggest thing is to get high WIL so you can do lots of damage.

Jeez, yeah. Riki's is the highest right now, at around 70~ish. I want to get The Good Doctor up to around maybe 90 or something so that I can use status attacks. For the lulz.

Did some Terranigma last night. Freedom and Liore are now fully evolved. Just... need to do more sidequests, I guess. Did Dragoon Castle, which was... sort of probably the most sloppily done part of the game (They kept giving that fake-chinese accent to the wrong characters) and it also kept glitching out on me and stuff.

Also played Actraiser. This... is interesting :>

And apparently Actraiser 2 takes out the civ and RPG elements. Okay. Will not be buying that.

At the start, you go to prison because your bride gets kidnapped by a demon. WTH

Oh, you go to prison because you try to commandeer the nation's entire army to go look for her. The king throws you in prison so you can settle down and act rationally.

The game's pretty sci-fi though. It just becomes apparent a little later on.

Also, yeah. All the towns do look the same. That's early Phantasy Star for you.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 02:49:40 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: May 06, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »

I was under the impression that it worked with every tech except DSC.

Hmm, it might.  I generally only used it with pure Mages though, so I'm not sure now.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: May 06, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »

FF: Nearly 14 hours.  Latest item I got makes a black wizard even MORE useless in this game.  Nice.  Still wish my ninja didn't suck though. :(  I'm starting to regret not throwing a white wizard in that slot.

Edit: I got my copy of Super Robot Titsen in but I didn't have the balls to play it during my exercise time at work.  I could have, but frankly it's weird enough playing video games.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:36:02 PM by Ryos » Logged

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: May 06, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »

I played Phantasy Star III on the PS3.

The towns look the same and the character is slow and lots of weird dialogues.

Just for kicks. Before you go off to prison sell some of your equipment and buy an escape pipe. Then when you get thrown into the slammer use it to make your escape.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: May 06, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »

I found the PS1 Spider-Man game and Jade Cocoon for $8 each yesterday so I grabbed them. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: May 06, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »

Played a lot of Dark Spire today. I'm about five hours in, and am still trying to figure out how to get up to the third floor. I'm having a lot of trouble with this pirate crap.

I think this game would be leagues better if my attacks didn't miss 50% of the time.  Battles just seem to drag on and on, even with me holding down the A button the whole time.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 10:34:55 PM by Sketch » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: May 07, 2009, 01:55:44 AM »

Morrowind:

Killed some dudes with my axe. Freed some slaves. Made them party members. So now including my main I have a party of five people. Yey. I don't have a clue what quest I'm going to do next. I'd honestly just like to get some money, wood, and a wood-carving kit so I can make myself some furniture, but I'd also like to start exploring the main questline and seeing what's what in the storyline as I've never, ever done that before.

Actually I have a thieve's guild quest to do. It's just that my thievery skills are too low. Namely pickpocketing.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: May 07, 2009, 04:06:22 AM »

Played a lot of Dark Spire today. I'm about five hours in, and am still trying to figure out how to get up to the third floor. I'm having a lot of trouble with this pirate crap.

I think this game would be leagues better if my attacks didn't miss 50% of the time.  Battles just seem to drag on and on, even with me holding down the A button the whole time.

Warriors are the only class that have decent hit rates.  Though Thieves can get better hit rates via using Hide/Attack and Accurate Attack.  If you're feeling a little grindy you can add a few levels of Warrior to any given class to slightly raise their hit rates and give them all the special attack options, like Accurate Attack and Rage Attack and what, but for the most part the only reason to ever get Warrior levels is to have one character who can wear all the heavy armor so they can stand in the front line and absorb/not take damage.  The actual physical damage from your Warrior is almost irrelevant past floor 2(The only enemy they're useful for that I've seen is Cloud Giants on floor 6, since they resist almost all magic.)

That said, learn to rely on your Mage spells.  Sleep has like a 90% chance of working and makes your hit rate pretty much 100%(You have to roll a critical failure to miss), and once you get to floor 3 things start appearing in VERY large groups so you'll want to abuse the hell out of group-target spells.  By floor 5 it's not an uncommon occurrence to hit upwards of 20-30 enemies per battle.  Also don't underestimate the power of the OHKO spells, they have good chances to work, especially on human enemies(They've saved my life countless times on floor 6, when you run into multiple groups of 9 Ninjas, ugh)

Early on, get your Priest to learn a few Mage levels(For sleep), and eventually you'll want all your characters to learn to use Mage spells and their associated prestige class(Warrior upgrades to Samurai, Thief upgrades to Wizard, and Priest and Mage upgrade to Druid)
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: