Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:17:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 306627 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: May 15, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

Finally cracked open Otomedius Gorgeous. Finished the game with all the characters on Gorgeous Mode. Also got the achievements where I touch the girl's breasts 5 times, 57 times, and 573 times. What a silly game. :P Playing Original Mode now, to try and collect all the Weapon and Illustration cards (At least for Anoa Aoba first anyway).

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: May 15, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »

EOII - Retired my Medic, next will be the Protector. The +10 bonus to all stats is very nice.

FFX - Why is that every 5 minutes there is a cut-scene? I wonder if I will be able to, you know, play this game instead of watching it. People weren't exaggerating about this being a cinematic RPG. Good thing I only rented it.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: May 15, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »

Also, how did Soda Joints work in DS1? Couldn't you like, buy some drank for stat uppage briefly, or am I imagining that?

You could boost stats and IIRC you could also boost Ailment Resistances.  Both lasted until the next New Moon.  You could also trade in Demons for bonus MAG(Which was very important in Hard Mode, and useless in Normal), and gather intel about playing the game and some of the sidequests from patrons.  There was also a newspaper which told you what the last major event in the game was.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: May 15, 2009, 01:13:54 PM »

Just picked up SRTOGS Endless Frontier today and a Surround sound system for the Xbox 360.

Going to begin SRTOGS Endless Frontier, more Tales of Tits later.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:16 PM »

FFX - Why is that every 5 minutes there is a cut-scene? I wonder if I will be able to, you know, play this game instead of watching it. People weren't exaggerating about this being a cinematic RPG. Good thing I only rented it.

Yeeeeeeah. How far are you? They become a lot shorter and a lot less frequent after, uh, the blitzball tournament. IIRC, that's the longest cutscene up till like, Suteki Da Ne.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: May 15, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »

FFX wasn't a cinematic experience?

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: May 15, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »

FFX wasn't a cinematic experience?

Xenosaga's a cinematic experience.

Go through a short area, bam, an hour long cutscene, stuff happens, wam, another cutscene, kill somebody, slam, yet another cutscene, get through an area but before an obvious boss, guess what, ham, cutscene again.

I tell you, games these days. >_<

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: May 15, 2009, 06:57:21 PM »

Yeeeeeeah. How far are you? They become a lot shorter and a lot less frequent after, uh, the blitzball tournament. IIRC, that's the longest cutscene up till like, Suteki Da Ne.

I stopped after Tidus met Yuna, not sure.

Good to know the cut-scenes become less frequent though. I haven't played a game that had so many in such a short period of time like FFX has.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: May 15, 2009, 09:16:11 PM »

I've never heard of anyone complaining about frequent cutscenes in FFX...

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: May 15, 2009, 09:32:27 PM »

I should mention that I had played through this game back in January so it's still pretty fresh in my mind. Also good luck on that final area. I know I only got through that last bit after many many attempts (and even then it was thanks to shear luck more than anything, also that final area is exceptionally long even when you think its over there's more to go).

Aw shit. It doesn't surprise me though, lots of battles in this seem to involve a lot of luck. The imp comes to mind immediately. That's why there's no penalty for dying I suppose. But yeah, I can image how this last dungeon might be cheap as hell.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 15, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »

Probably because most people played it when they were still novel. Nowadays I can see it getting obnoxious.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: May 15, 2009, 11:28:14 PM »

Probably because most people played it when they were still novel. Nowadays I can see it getting obnoxious.
Tidus & Yuna: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

On Topic: Blazing through floor after floor on Izuna, probably going to finish this jewel tonight. I have Izuna 2 laying around still in it's wrapping. I'll open that next semester. One Rouge type per sanity period.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: May 16, 2009, 12:12:58 AM »

Roughly half of the conversations I've ever been involved with re: FFX have been centered around the fact that there are too many cutscenes.

Personally, I didn't find this to be so.  There weren't any more or less then in other FF games, or RPG's in general.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: May 16, 2009, 12:45:46 AM »

I'm playing InFAMOUS on PS3. It's sort of like the PS3's Crackdown with electro powers instead of guns. Great game so far.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: May 16, 2009, 01:59:52 AM »

Man I'm an idiot. I totally forgot to mention in my last post that I finished OG Saga.

Since then I've played a couple of minutes of Riviera again and started chapter 4 but otherwise nothing (I just don't have the time for console games anymore these days ;_;).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: