Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330153 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 303549 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: May 18, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »

Tooker, I've got inFAMOUS because I manage a video store and we got the game a few days ago. It doesn't actually come out until the 26th or something. I've put in quite a few hours with it over the long weekend. I'm very impressed with it overall.

Lucky dog.  After my last post, I saw that there's a demo coming out on the 21st, so I'll be downloading that as soon as I get home that day.

Also, in case I never said so, your tag is the best ever.  Fraggle - underground.  Nice.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1321 on: May 19, 2009, 01:41:44 AM »

I've been playing Bioshock all day because I'm fucking sick of Eternal Sonata. The thing is just dragging on forever.

Bioshock, however, is fun.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1322 on: May 19, 2009, 03:09:44 AM »

So I'm a goddamn liar for saying I was going to play SaGa 2/Suikoden 3/ect.

Despite that I did make so progress in Riviera (as in I just beat Fool).

Also fired up Lunar: The Silver Star today. So far I've just got back from laying a smackdown on the fake Dragonmaster. My next stop is obviously Vane to report back on my mission. (Also I got that damn opening song stuck in my head. >_<)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1323 on: May 19, 2009, 03:12:22 AM »

Been playing Devil Summoner 2.  It's fun.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1324 on: May 19, 2009, 03:34:46 AM »

I beat Bullet Witch.  Due to being a terribly poorly designed game, it was incredibly and horribly difficult.  On easy.  Fuck the higher difficulties.  I just need to leave the game sitting on for a few hours to get my 15 hour achievement and I'll be done.

In lieu of wanting to play a good third person shooter, we ordered Gears of War.

Dead Space is on it's way to being finished as well.  Pretty easy achievements in this one.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1325 on: May 19, 2009, 08:41:04 AM »

SOTN - I'm coming to realize why this game is so revered. It truly is fantastic. There is a lot more to it than I expected. I didn't know there would be familiars, let alone so many damn things to find and collect. I was so excited when I got my bat form so I could explore all the dark corners. Which is basically what I am doing now. I do think its odd that you can't sell off your old weapons/armor. The menu gets awfully cluttered.
Heck, I think the game still looks pretty good, plus the music is great. Just a perfectly put together game.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1326 on: May 19, 2009, 02:28:07 PM »

I'm a little over ten hours into Devil Summoner 2.  The plot's starting to drag a bit, but it's still fun.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1327 on: May 19, 2009, 02:50:53 PM »

SRTOGS has about 10 hours pumped in and going to finish Izuna tonight.  Level 89,  might as well hit 99 and knock out the last couple of floors.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1328 on: May 19, 2009, 05:11:30 PM »

I beat Mother 3. The end wasn't difficult at all, but it was still a great end to an amazing game.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1329 on: May 19, 2009, 07:43:55 PM »

Punch Out!  I made it all the way to Bear Hugger without losing a single round, which is kind of sad but kind of awesome at the same time.  The Minor Circuit opponents are hilariously easy to read, but Major Circuit is ramping up in difficulty quite nicely.  Currently on Great Tiger and he's kicking my ass, although I figured out how to get Stars out of him so I don't think he'll be lording over me for long.

So far, I'd say that Super Punch Out! is the better game, but that Exhibition mode challenge and the Title Defense mode might push it over the top.  We'll see.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1330 on: May 19, 2009, 08:51:07 PM »

SRT - another two hours or so.  Man, I don't feel like I've progressed in the game at all.  Which sort of makes sense when I've only finished one area in all that time.  Still, it's a whole lot of unproductive fun!  I find it amusing just how unbalanced the characters are.  Oh well. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 19, 2009, 10:56:36 PM »

I figured out how to get Stars out of him so I don't think he'll be lording over me for long.

I was wondering - what are stars good for?  I was playing the original the other day, and was getting stars, but didn't know why it mattered.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1332 on: May 19, 2009, 11:51:08 PM »

Dead Space.

Okay, being dismembered is cool and all, but a tl;dr of my current game is this: walk into a cramped room full of five dudes, die about four times before bagging them because the weapons I'm using are shit / stasis passes right through them, walk through three more rooms, rinse and repeat.

Game is scary and all, but I feels like it wants to be a shooter too much for it to be Alien scary.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1333 on: May 20, 2009, 01:27:02 AM »

I figured out how to get Stars out of him so I don't think he'll be lording over me for long.

I was wondering - what are stars good for?  I was playing the original the other day, and was getting stars, but didn't know why it mattered.

Stars let you throw Uppercuts which do a lot of damage.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1334 on: May 20, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »

Persona 2: EP - Let's see! I sure as hell did something in it. Okay, I finished the gardens, got Nate in my party because seriously who cares about Ellen, did that sewer dungeon which was a throbbing bucket of cunts, fused a Pyro Jack which was *helpful as fuck*, did the lab, completed the map for the lab, beat the boss after about a bajillion tries, um... crap. Yeah, that's it. Good game but I understand the story even less than Persona 1's right now.

This is seriously everything I did to day. Well, other than going out to skyline. thems good eats brah

---edit---

Actually for the past since whenever I started this post, I played Chrono Cross. Did more stuff in that Dario sidequest, saw some nice backstory for Karsh and the lot, changed my opinion on what the game was REALLY about again, explored the ruins of viper manor, and I'm now going to go trap some summons. I rather wish the game would tell you WHAT enemies had which summons for trapping as like part of a sidequest or something.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:10:07 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: