Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 06:03:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334604 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 305856 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: May 21, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »

So after a productive start to the week my Sega CD decides that now is the time to give up the ghost. :(

I've spent the rest of the week trying to find some information as to what I need to do to fix it.

The symptoms include being able to start up the system, open and close the disk tray, and even play for a bit, but afterwords the game freezes and I can't do anything with the system for at least an hour.

As for my game progress in Lunar 1 I've made it from getting thrown into prison to getting out of prison. :(

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: May 21, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »

Played FFTA2 for the first time since Spring Break. So damn glad this game doesn't have a story, because I have no idea what's going on besides the fact that Luso is a dumb bitch. Yah, nead tu lebel ma gaiz mor.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: May 21, 2009, 08:40:03 PM »

Beat The Dark Spire. Finally. I finally freakin' beat it.

Now I'll go write the review and immediately shelve it away before it makes me cry anymore. =P
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: May 21, 2009, 09:09:54 PM »

Just working through new game+ on Dead Space trying to get the rest of mah power nodes.

Restarted Bioshock on hard again. I actually made it past the first scripted battle this time, but what a fucking bitch this hard mode is. I've just seen Peachy in Neptune's Bounty, but it's taking three times as long as it should to play through normally (holy shit, I wrote Neptune's Spire at first... FFXI on the brain.)

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: May 21, 2009, 10:12:01 PM »

Beat The Dark Spire. Finally. I finally freakin' beat it.

Now I'll go write the review and immediately shelve it away before it makes me cry anymore. =P

Did you get the real ending or did you stop at Tyrhung?  There are two more endings after him, you know.

Still playing Punch Out!, this game is absolutely incredible.  Unlocked Title Defense mode, where you have to re-fight everybody with their weaknesses covered.  Glass Joe is wearing a padded helmet and has taught himself to throw feints, Von Kaiser manned up and is actually fighting instead of cowering in fear, etc.  Each fight also seems to unlock 3 more challenges in Exhibition mode.  Anyone who complains about this game lacking in content either never beat Sandman or has some weird concept of how much content needs to be in a game.

I love the little stories that go along with each character.  Some of the little scenes that flash befor eyou fight opponents are genuinely funny, and I really think that Next Level really captured all the aspects that made the older Punch Out! games so great.  I love this freaking game.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: May 22, 2009, 02:03:26 AM »

So, got up to uh, 11 or so effects in Yume Nikki (including the Instruction one :P). Beautiful game. I'm going to play tong nou afterwards assuming I can get it working on the Vista PC. If not I'll be dicking around with Windows virtual machines.

Also, Devil Summoner 2! In the second acid-trip dungeon. I do hope that all of the locations in the game are eventually enterable and not just there on the map for completeness sake with DS1. I also need to grind for money, in theory. I enjoy the battle system a hell of a lot this time so grinding in and OF itself isn't a problem, but I'm worried about, you know, overleveling in the process and making the rest of the game really easy. Apparently I start encountering Fiends, though. Maybe... maybe one is Daisoujou :333 (And if you get it in your party, that'd make the game SERIOUSLY too easy).

I also read a few plot point about Devil Summoner 1. It sounds like the story improves as it goes on (I don't know why it was putting me off at first. I don't even usually care about story) but the demon capturing mechanic is STILL offputting to me kind of and IDKMYBFFJILL, I haven't really gotten any conclusive viewpoints as to weather the battles pick up the further you get in it or not. It seemed like kind of they did, but... Gen should I play this thing or what.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: May 22, 2009, 07:24:02 AM »

The battle system is the same throughout the whole game, it never really "picks up", it just forces you to do better since the enemies get stronger.  Some of the boss battles are interesting though.

As to if you should play it, it really just matters if you want the story and if you want the bonus in DS2.  The plots of the games aren't supposed to have much impact on each other, so you aren't really missing anything by skipping the first game, so do whatever you want man.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: May 22, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »

Did you get the real ending or did you stop at Tyrhung?  There are two more endings after him, you know.

Getting the second ending would've taken me another, like, two hours, since I don't think I ever encountered the "Mysterious Woman." Maybe I should do it, though, since the normal ending is a big ol' load of suck.

Edit: Nevermind, it seems pretty painless according to the FAQs.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 09:26:10 AM by Sketch » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: May 22, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »

Still mucking around with Sacred 2 today. Man, this game is addictive. I'm still getting used to using the various L2/R2 hot-keys but i'm more comfortable than I was at the beginning. I'm a lvl 17 Inquisitor. I'm wondering when i'll get my mount.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: May 22, 2009, 01:47:34 PM »

My copy of Devil Summoner 2 came this morning :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 22, 2009, 05:14:49 PM »

Played some more Fallout 3 today, and will have to load up an old save when I get back to it, because I accidentally triggered something bad (skipping an important part of the main quest).

Then I tried out the demo of inFamous... and promptly went to the store and put down the cash to pre-order it.  :)  I loved Crackdown, and this reminds me of it in a good way.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1361 on: May 22, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »

Been playing Devil Summoner 2, somewhere in Chapter 3.  I'm enjoying it, but not as much as P3/P4.  The lack of voice acting in a modern RPG still feels weird.

Been getting back into the groove of playing NHL 09 online - I finally have returned to having a winning record - 117-86-30.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 23, 2009, 05:21:30 AM »

Demolished Donkey Kong Jungle Beat's Wii remake. I had written off the original after trying a bit at Fry's and being baffled at the idea of a side scrolling platformer played with bongos, then wrote off the Wii Remake as taking a game's key gimmick and almost certainly being reduced to a shallow platformer, but when I found out the team behind Super Mario Galaxy had been the ones that originally developed it and returned to make sure the Wii remake went fine I knew I had to try it. It's really short and not TOO hard to unlock everything, but it's definitely a fantastic game worth checking out.

And yes, it really is a remake unlike the other New Play Control games. Graphics have been overhauled and so have the levels to accommodate the new controls.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: May 23, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »

Three temples down in Majora's Mask.  You'd think that fucking fish boss would get easier as the years go by, but this is not the case. :P

I also decided to dust off an old favorite of mine:  Giants:  Citizen Kabuto.  Unfortunately, I'm at the worst part of the game; I don't know why they decided to cram in jetski racing in Delphi's game, but it never fails to kill the momentum.  And cheat codes apparently don't work on the game's last patch, so I can't just skip it. :P

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: May 23, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »

It's been quite awhile since I posted.  I beat Star Ocean and now I'm playing Mass Effect.  I played it when it first came out but it just didn't do anything for me.  I don't think I've played a BioWare game that really sucked me in.  Alas, a 2nd try and I'm loving it.  Picked Soldier and I'm going full renegade so I'm having a blast being an absolute dick/badass to everybody.  Wrex will not be leaving my party, he's just too cool.  I think Kaidan will be my third character since he decently balances my party and he also has Decryption/Electronics.

It took me a few tries to figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing in the mako.  Then I realized I had a huge gun that blows shit up, so now it's not too bad.  Also, huge worms popping out of the ground on desolate planets are a bit unexpected.  I've heard all the planets are basically the same - large open plains with the same stuff to explore.  Kind of a disappointment but everything else is enjoyable thus far.  Music's pretty good, but I'm wondering if there's more than like 3 tracks in the game.

I've also got 50 Cent Blood on the Sand checked out from work but I'm kind of burnt out on mediocre 3rd person shooters.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: