Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:28:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 293158 times)
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: May 24, 2009, 08:36:38 PM »

Working on the post-game 100 dungeon in Izuna. Meh.

More SRTOGS today.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: May 24, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »

I downloaded Team Fortress 2 for the free weekend thingy. It's really fun, but man oh man do I suck at this game.

Also, Gen, you don't happen to play, do you? I played with a guy named GenEric and instantly thought of you.

I would play if my internet didn't suck complete balls.  TF2 looks like the most fun FPS ever.

It pretty much is if you like a FPS with lots of variety and not so serious atmosphere.  Also the specs to run the game are actually fairly low.  My 6 year old PC runs it pretty well (granted it has a few upgrades [Ram/Vid Card]).

Anyways,  been playing Disgaea 3.  Kinda crappy voice acting (even for disgaea standards) and i feel like they may have over-complicated the meta-game (which i haven't gotten to yet).  I dunno, we'll see.  I'm interested if anyone has any comments on it since I don't feel like going to gfaqs for a small reason.  Either way I'm enjoying my ps3.  Glad i purchased it.  Still waiting to pick up some more games.  Really looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles and Ratchet and Clank

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: May 24, 2009, 10:55:03 PM »

So apparently I don't remember the last 25% of Majora's Mask. :P  I hadn't hit a stumbling block yet until I went to Ikana Canyon and it was all just a giant blur.  I vaguely recall something about giant skeletons and mummies and flipping things upside down and laser arrows and fucking giants and shit, but I'll be damned if I remember how to go about it.  I will not surrender and go to GameFAQs, though; if I can remember everything else nine years after the fact, I can damn well recollect this garbage. :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 25, 2009, 05:23:40 AM »

I liked Donkey Kong Jungle Beat so much that I got bongos and the original GC game at a local GameStop!

... Ok, I think the article I linked earlier used a pre-release picture or something, because so far the game doesn't look THAT different visually. There's enough differences though, even in something as mundane as Stage Select that I'd say the game's remastered rather than remade. It's still roughly the same game, but with significant enough changes that it's not simply a port.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: May 25, 2009, 06:53:20 AM »

Suikoden Tierkreis - I unfortunately like this game too much.  Even though it abandons all previous Suiko canon, it's still a solid game.

Raiden Fighters Aces - Still mining achievements.  Damned fun games.

Spectral Force - Eight hours in.  Diaz just encountered geo panels or whatever for the first time.  Just built some shields that give him and Eunice some really high defense.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: May 26, 2009, 09:17:10 AM »

Playing Kingdom Hearts 2 for the 2nd time. I didn't understand the story at my first playthrough but then again, I was pretty young to understand. :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: May 26, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »

Cleared about 18 more missions in FFTA2, but more importantly around mission 80 I finally had the materials to Bazaar a Ragetsu-denbu (which I promptly stuck on Luso as soon as I could while changing all my other Humes (Adelle aside) into thieves). I also recruited two Seeqs (I just need some Gira and I'll be good).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: May 26, 2009, 11:58:01 AM »

Pokemon Emerald - 3 hours and change in and have two badges. The fire starter always makes the game easy.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1388 on: May 26, 2009, 01:23:24 PM »

No progress on Valkyria Chronicles sadly-- I dunno I kinda lost interest, but I'll maybe switch off between VC and Blue Dragon. I started up Blue Dragon and now I have to help out Marumaro's village. I'm actually loving the character growth/skill system a lot as well as the battle system. I heart turn-based.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1389 on: May 26, 2009, 01:23:54 PM »

I was up til 9 am this morning doing sidequests in Devil Summoner.

Then I went back to the Summoner temple in Chapter 3 and helped Nagi.

I got stuck on Centipede Road and gave up because I was tired.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1390 on: May 26, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »

SOTN - Finally made it to the inverted castle...then lost the will to keep playing.
Started up Fable II. Loving it so far. Graphics are beautiful(minus the pop-in), the fighting is fast and fun, and the dog rocks. This is good stuff, and I imagine I'll be playing it for awhile.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1391 on: May 26, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »

Devil Summoner 2: half an hour.  Holy crap on a stick, Atlus fixed everything I disliked about the first game.

SRT: 2 hours.  Much sadness as I hit the player cap. :(  Game's still awesome though.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: May 26, 2009, 08:06:56 PM »

Played through story mode with most of the characters in War Tech over the past few days.  Alright game, kinda like ZoE mixed with VO, but...  Mediocre.  And confusing storywise.

WE HAVE TO FIGHT NOW.

WHY.

DESTINY.

BLARGH I AM DEAD.

I ALWAYS LOVED YOU NOW ILL CRY AT YOUR GRAVE.

Yeah, thanks, Japan.

Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: May 26, 2009, 10:34:15 PM »

Oblivion. This game is one reason why achievements are great. If they weren't there, I'd just do what I normally do in Morrowind; waffle around and accomplish nothing story-wise. Like everyone else. :P

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: May 26, 2009, 11:00:08 PM »

I finally beat Too Human.  I can see why there was so much hate:  if I had paid full price for a game that fucking short, I'd probably be foaming at the mouth about it too.  I liked it for what it was, blue ball ending aside.

No progress on Majora's Mask. :P

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: