Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 04:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329271 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Level 5 Goes Next-gen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Level 5 Goes Next-gen  (Read 1718 times)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2006, 02:18:55 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1281.html

So Level 5 finally confirmed that they are indeed working on a next generation game (which, judging from his comments, sounds like an RPG).
The issue of interest here however is the following: In a previous interview earlier this year Hino talked about two games being in development at Level 5 right now. Back then he explained one would be a x RPG, while the second one won't be an RPG. If the next-gen game is not an RPG, then the situation is pretty obvious: The x RPG is the PlayStation Portable title they announced some time ago. But since the game mentioned yesterday sounds pretty much like an RPG, this makes for a pretty confusing, yet interesting situation. Thoughts, anticipation?
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:01:57 AM »

I was interested in the comments he made on that article, regarding making a "believable lie" of an RPG, instead of a full-blown fantasy title with monsters and magic. I think there should be a set amount of RPGs that go a different route than the norm. For instance, the Shin Megami Tensei series is unconventional in terms of storyline. While it isn't a realistic RPG series, per se, it is different in it's own respect.

I'm curious about this PSP RPG title as well. I've been waiting for more information on it for ages now. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. Knowing it's made by Level 5, I doubt it will be a disappointment.

Edit: Yes, that needed to be changed. Badly-worded. :P
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:00:48 AM »

Quote from: "Miho"
Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. Knowing it's made by Level 5, I have little doubt that it will be a disappointment.

Is that a typo? ;P

I'm well excited by this news. The prospect of a new Level 5 RPG (presumably) for the PS3 (presumably) is fantastic, and I'm eager to hear more about it. The concept of "believable lies" is intriguing, and I wonder just what Akihiro Hino means by it. Is he just talking about more realistic graphics, or will it include things like more lifelike AI as well?
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 11:08:53 AM »

I guess, he means more than just graphics and animation. However, you see, the main theme of that article or column was the creation of the internal motion capturing studio, hence the focus on character movement and animation.

Looking at last year's list of PlayStation 3 titles, it contained two RPGs published by Sony Computer Entertainment. While one of them might be the next project of Kouji Okada (who is said to work on a PlayStation 3 project), the other might be Level 5's next-gen title.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:37:31 AM »

Dark Cloud on PSP = Win.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: