Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  anyone looking forward to ar tonelico 2?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: anyone looking forward to ar tonelico 2?  (Read 45902 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2009, 07:59:31 PM »

i never played the first one but from screen shots and videos it looks pretty neat besides it gives me another reason not to put my ps2 in my closet.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »

Skipping out on this one.  If the soundtrack is as great as the first however, I will pick THAT up at the least.  I own way more RPG soundtracks than I do actual RPGs... I think something's wrong with me.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 08:41:51 PM »

I'm picking it up if I see one packaged with the soundtrack. I loved the music and thought the game was pretty neat.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:43:39 PM »

Gust's sound team tends to be consistently good.  I think people who've played the import said the soundtrack was really good.  I'll be skipping as well because though the music was fantastic in Ar tonelico, the game itself didn't do anything for me.

I approve of this nonsense!
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »

I've heard the sequel is mostly an improvement, so we'll see.  Not that that is saying a whole lot since the first was flawed in quite a few ways.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 10:18:47 PM »

I plan on picking this up. I enjoyed the first one enough to want to see what they did in the second one.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 10:31:32 PM »

Wow. I just realized I have the first one, unopened.

Is it any good?
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:24:33 AM »

I'm waiting on the first one to come out in PAL regions.....

Like that will happen......

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 06:29:39 AM »

Is it any good?

The music, as mentioned numerous times, was amazing.  The rest of the game not so much.  There's a unique approach to characterization that's extremely linear and is the most interesting thing in the game other than the music.  Pretty much everything else is pretty lame, especially the battles, which are both extremely simplistic and super easy (I don't recall ever dying unintentionally).

Being an NIS game, the game unsurprisingly supports (though not 100% fully) English/Japanese voiceovers, which is a good thing because the dub's rather bad from what I heard.  The Japanese side has a particular character that may/may not be grating too so...hmm. 

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 09:15:16 AM »

I plan on picking this up. I enjoyed the first one enough to want to see what they did in the second one.

+1

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 09:21:48 AM »

I pre-ordered it. I loved AT1 - not the greatest game ever, but it had oodles of charm, and that counts for a lot. The music is also amazing - my favorite track being "Tower of AT", with "Singing Hills" coming in as a close second.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »

I wont be picking it up since I never played the first and I do not have my PS2 any longer.  Always looked like an interesting series though.  I did win a towel from their contest though...lol.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »

I'm actually pretty excited about this.  I've had it preordered for a while now.  I had a lot of fun playing the first, the only thing was the random encounter rate at times would piss me off, especially when I wasn't sure where I was going (hope it doesn't annoy me as much in the 2nd). 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 01:30:32 PM »

Eh I don't know if I should get it. I couldn't get into the first one, I clocked maybe 10-12 hours in it and then stopped. Maybe I'll try to pick it back up, and then get the second one.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »

Man, I've never been so indifferent about a game (AT1). Usually I really like a game, or hate it. But AT1 wasn't either. The music was great, as everyone says, and I thought that the battles (while super easy) were interesingly unique from any other system I've played. However, the characters and story were shallow and made up of every RPG, Anime, and Fantasy cliche I could think of. And I'm not going to even start on the fucked up gender role issues.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: