Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 05:48:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Bear eats monkey at zoo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Bear eats monkey at zoo  (Read 6594 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 01:12:12 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
PETA is a terrorist organization.

Agreed.

I mean, animal rights are one thing, but PETA are a bunch of fucking retards.

I didn't read the article, just felt like commenting about PETA.  :P

PS - Animals die, it's bound to happen.  Just like us humans have to die as well.  Not like it's the bear's fault, he was just doing what bears do.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 01:17:55 PM »

Well, this is kinda different in that monkeys aren't part of a bear's normal diet. Especially in a zoo, where stuff like this almost never happens, an abnormal occurance like this is still interesting, to say the least.

But then I'm kind of a biology freak, natural sciences fascinate me, especially when abnormal behaviors of animals come into play.

Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 01:23:32 PM »

Oh, I certainly concur, sir.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 01:35:13 PM »

Bears eating monkeys is just as natural as animals living in a zoo.....;)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »

I still don't get how the monkey got into the bear's area?

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 03:15:47 PM »

My understanding of it is that they were housed together since they didn't deem the bears a threat to the monkeys.  They were wrong.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 05:34:44 PM »

Err sorry, I didnt mean ALL vegatarians..I meant those that think like...eating animals is wrong or some such, not those who do it for dieting and whatnot...I should really specify myself..I feel like a politician right now ><

And like I said, I wasnt sure haha dade.  It must have been SIV not SID,  Ahh well, it was Simian, and it came from monkeys, yep.

EDIT: Err...why would eating meat be unhealthy...if its cooked properly..its got protient, and stuff...???  If it was sugar or some such, I could see cause of diabetes..and I guess to me..vegetarians are those who dont eat meat because its meat, and an animal died, and blah blah...yep...><

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Losfer
The Pope

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »

I never understood why people think it's wrong to eat meat.  I mean, are hardcore vegans gonna go into the forest and yell at bears for eating fish?  Or do fish not count as meat, cause vegans are just emo attention whores?

Or is it that humans are "intelligent" and realize they can make their "own" (ie adopt someone else's) decisions?

Oh well, to each his own, I guess.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 03:31:30 PM »

It really depends on who you talk to.  Some vegans and vegetarians have absolutely no problem with eating meat.  It's our method's of getting it.  The fact that we raise animals with the sole purpose of eating them is deemed by some as unnatural because they were never given a chance to live and were pretty much marked as food before they were even born.  Which I feel is understandable.  Of course thats not enough to stop me from enjoying meat.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 03:36:32 PM »

Hey, all animals develop effective methods of gathering food. Our's just happen to be stuffing a lot of animals into cramped spaces and then killing them off. You'd better believe other animals would do the same, had they the brain capacity.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 01:43:59 AM »

As if the industry doesn't have any cons. IIRC there is an outbreak of a desease threatening lifestock every year in Europe. Fun.

I don't think everyone should turn vegetarian or vegan, but it wouldn't hurt if people ate less meat and actually paid some attention to where the meat came from.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 12:09:56 PM »

I know where my meat comes from. :D
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »

As others have said, from a purely animal psychology point of view, this is interesting, especially since those monkeys are not a part of those bears' diets.  So why did the bears attack the way they did?  How long have the bears been in this realistic-habitat enclosure with those monkeys?  And there were no problems at all in the past, assuming the bear and monkeys have been in the same enclosure for a good amount of time?  So perhaps the bear had some kind of neurological impairment (like a tumor) or something akin to musth in elephants that caused his brain to malfunctions.  Because if this thing was really sudden and the bear had no history of such behavior, perhaps there was some kind of neurological impairment.  

I do not think it's as simple as "bear= hungry; bear wanna eat monkey."  Animal minds are surprisingly more complex than that.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »

Quote from: "Azrael"
It really depends on who you talk to.  Some vegans and vegetarians have absolutely no problem with eating meat.  It's our method's of getting it.  The fact that we raise animals with the sole purpose of eating them is deemed by some as unnatural because they were never given a chance to live and were pretty much marked as food before they were even born.  Which I feel is understandable.  Of course thats not enough to stop me from enjoying meat.

Hmm thanks for that. Saves me the trouble of prefacing myself.

Being vegan I have no problem with others eating meat. Just as he said it's how we go about getting it and preparing it for that matter. When you think of it animals eat all meat raw. We don't. We kill it and then kill it again. By killing it again I mean cooking it. I personally think it's more natural to eat it raw then it is to eat it cooked. That one of the reasons I didn't give up raw fish for a while. The whole thing just doesn't sit well with me.

Not the only reason I quit as well before anyone wants to chime in with some other remark. I can't stand the texture in my mouth and now I can't even stand the visual texture. Fish not as much cause I used to eat it raw anyways but all red meat and now chicken. Plus it was also sorta dietary.

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »

Yeah, I have a lot of friends who became vegetarians, and I was for a while, but my reasons were strictly dietary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: