Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341205 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Bear eats monkey at zoo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Bear eats monkey at zoo  (Read 6759 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 05:20:21 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Hey, all animals develop effective methods of gathering food. Our's just happen to be stuffing a lot of animals into cramped spaces and then killing them off. You'd better believe other animals would do the same, had they the brain capacity.

Fair enough.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 10:35:40 PM »

Quote from: "Cowboy"
We kill it and then kill it again. By killing it again I mean cooking it. I personally think it's more natural to eat it raw then it is to eat it cooked. That one of the reasons I didn't give up raw fish for a while.

That reasoning is like saying "animals have sex out in the open, so I'm giving up sex because doing it in the bedroom is unnatural."

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 10:43:35 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
That reasoning is like saying "animals have sex out in the open, so I'm giving up sex because doing it in the bedroom is unnatural."

Kinky. :P

Personally, I think it's just as stupid to say everyone who becomes a vegetarian because they don't want to eat once-living animals is a dumbass, as it is to be a crazy vegetarian who says everyone who eats animals is bad and evil. Some people just would rather not do that, but won't be stupid and force others to do the same. It is natural to eat other living things, but just as well I think people have, for better or worse, advanced enough that what's natural need not necessarily apply to them.

Edit: Late edit of the post to make the first setence read better. Hopefully.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 07:59:38 PM »

Quote from: "Cowboy"
Being vegan I have no problem with others eating meat. Just as he said it's how we go about getting it and preparing it for that matter. When you think of it animals eat all meat raw. We don't. We kill it and then kill it again. By killing it again I mean cooking it. I personally think it's more natural to eat it raw then it is to eat it cooked. That one of the reasons I didn't give up raw fish for a while. The whole thing just doesn't sit well with me.

I can respect that, though I disagree. Cooking meat is likely something that developed as a survival method. Human mouths don't have near the amount of germ killing saliva predatory animals have (which is why people say dogs have cleaner mouths than people). Cooking the meat all the way through will kill any harmful bacteria. Where my meat generally doesn't COME from a grocery store, I  don't worry too much about it and enjoy it fairly lightly cooked most of the time, but I would definitely cook any meat bought from a store. In particular beef, pork, and chicken considering the unhealthy ways the animals are raised and slaughtered here in America.

I don't know enough about seafood (other than it tastes good) to know if the same could be said for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: