Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329786 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Anyone looking forward to Heavy Rain?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Anyone looking forward to Heavy Rain?  (Read 9056 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »

Totally off-topic, but every time I See the name of this game I think of the movie "Bowfinger" and their fake movie "Chubby Rain".  And that makes me laugh.  And then I remember that Heavy Rain probably isn't about fat aliens descending upon the earth in raindrops, and I forget all about it.

That said, Indigo Prophecy was the shit, and I'm really hoping this turns out just as good.  It might be game 3/7 that makes me want to buy a PS3!  Although, as Hidoshi pointed out, uncanny valley is hitting this game hard.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »

*wize fwum yoh gwave*

Well, Heavy Rain's slated to come out this month.  Anyone else still thinking of getting it, or is Mass Effect 2 still on everyone's brains now?  

Looking at February for PS3, I think the NIS/Hitmaker game Last Rebellion comes out the same time as Heavy Rain and FWIW there's Star Ocean: The Last Hope International.  And there's that Ragnarok DS game. 

But Heavy Rain's been making waves for a bit now. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 11:29:51 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »

Since my last post I have lost all interest in this game.  I just can't care.

I am getting Ragnarok DS though.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »

It did get good review though.

I *might* be getting it. Oh and Star Ocean 4's release date is the same as Dante's Inferno.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »

I would, but until The Last Guardian is out, I can't justify purchasing a PS3 to myself. When the time comes, this will hopefully find a home on my shelves.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 05:46:45 PM »

I'm definitely getting it. Looking forward to it more than Bioshock 2 and Dante's Inferno.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »

I don't think it will sell a lot but it will be a great addition to the PS3's catalogue. It's different and unique and though the gameplay is still a mistery it's definitely an achievement in other areas and something that the industry needs. I enjoyed indigo prophecy/fahrenheit a lot and saw a lot of potential in that kind of game design and hopefully they'll be able to take it to the next level.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »

I'm looking forward to it, but I don't have a PS3, and I cannot afford one right now. Once I can, this will be game #1 for me. I hope it gets ported to PC/360 so hard.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 02:01:42 AM »

I'm looking forward to it, but I don't have a PS3, and I cannot afford one right now. Once I can, this will be game #1 for me. I hope it gets ported to PC/360 so hard.

It's a Sony franchise.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 03:07:23 AM »

It's a Sony franchise.

Darn, missed that bit of info. Oh well, might as well stop reading about it before I get too attached.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »

Anyone play the demo yet? I'm downloading it now. If you don't want to play the game kotaku has the answers:

http://kotaku.com/5464839/want-the-heavy-rain-demo-right-now-heres-how-%5Bupdate%5D

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »

Downloading the demo as we speak. I'll post my impression later on.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 02:26:10 PM by Miho » Logged
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »

Man, this game is hot. I loved it. There are two different scenes you can try out. It didn't take long to get used to the controls; I thought there would be a high learning curve using the controls, judging by impressions from game journalists, but it was alright. Having said that, walking using the R1 button is strange, but you get used to it.

Everything else feels like you're living and breathing in your own reality. The littlest things that occur while you're walking are just as if you'd be doing in real life, like whatever emotions, health conditions, and thoughts you have. You can hear your own thoughts constantly by holding the L2 button, then choosing between multiple thoughts by pressing other buttons to listen to them.

The quick time events during an action scene are well done. I had no problems performing the button sequences. It was pretty exciting.

Another feature I forgot to mention, is you can go into investigation mode, similar to the feature in Batman Arkham Asylum. When you put on these special, hi-tech sunglasses, you can press R1 to scope your surrounding area for any clues that would be difficult to discover on your own.

Definitely enjoyed what I played so far. Only complaint I had was that you couldn't run, so it was getting slow walking around at all times.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »

Alright, I enjoyed indigo prophecy so I was curious. The demo made me want to play the whole game, I enjoyed it a lot. Just like with IP I love all the possibilities you have, you can miss a lot of stuff if you don't bother looking around, you have lots of dialogue options, you can check what your character is thinking at any moment and the game always keeps you on your toes because a comand might suddenly pop up and the game wont give you a second chance so you're left wondering what might have happened if you had reacted fast enough.
The fight scene was intense, I loved it and it was very well executed, great choreography.

Graphics are great, close ups to the faces are mindblowing, lots of detail, good lighting, screen tearing is disappointing though, wasn't expecting it in such a controlled environment but it didn't bother me much. VA isn't the best out there but character interactions were interesting. I love the whole investigation thing, looking around for clues and stuff because the game doens't force you to find them to advance the plot, you might miss some important stuff.

I'm going to try it again to see what happens if I screw up the fight, if I do it all wrong I should lose right? Wonder how that plays out?

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 03:26:39 PM »

I think you have to start the fight over if you lose. At least, that's what I heard from a journalist who played a different build of the game awhile back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: