Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:07:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327761 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  ...Let's talk VGA, baby.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ...Let's talk VGA, baby.  (Read 2185 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »

So, I grabbed a VGA cable for my 360 yesterday at random pawn shop x.  It was only 4.99, so I decided to give it a go.  When I got home from work, I fought with it for hours.  Long story short, it turns out it's fucked or dirty.

It requires massive wiggling to get any picture at all and when I DO get a picture, there is no green.  It's so weird, anything that is green turns to red.  Fucked up.  Anyway, after some more fiddling, a perfect, amazing, cool, and crisp picture will appear on my lovely widescreen monitor, just perfect for playing HD games, but man, as soon as I stop messing with the cable, the picture reverts to being all red and nasty.

So, here we are at the crux of the post: I'm gonna try cleaning the connectors on the cable and try again.  Can I just use alcohol on a cotton swab to clean the connectors or is that a bad idea?  Basically: How can I clean electronics' connectors?

...I suppose I should have named this "lets talk pedantic cleaning tips, baby".

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:56:07 AM »

I think you should not be a cheapass and get a real VGA cable for $8.99.

A little alcohol on a cottonswab shouldnt hurt, just make sure you use a LITTLE. It might even be better to use an alcohol wipe instead, since they tend not have too much alcohol and do dry relatively quick.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:50:34 AM »

Actually, I took your advice this morning before you even responded to this thread, Dadeo.  I've returned the faulty cable and ordered a new one.  A real one.  Yeah.

But thanks!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: