Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter IV: 360 vs. PS3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter IV: 360 vs. PS3  (Read 18331 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2009, 10:47:26 AM »

I've been thinking a lot about which console I'm gonna buy SFIV for and I'm curious about the rest of the crowd here.  I'm fortunate to have both consoles and each have their pros and cons here. The PS3 obviously has a better "SF friendly" controller but the online play would have to go to the 360 I think. Some may argue that point but LIVE is a better online service and there would be a lot more competition on the 360 front. My PS3 has an HDMI connection as opposed to my older 360 so the game would look nicer on my PS3. Hmmm....

Anyway, enough about me. How many others here are getting the game? And for which console. Oh, and I'm not trying to start a bitch-fest here, just curious.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »

360, largely because I trust LIVE not to fuck up in the midst of online matching.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »

360 here, mainly since I don't have a PS3 yet.  Even if I did, Live is generally pretty good.

Does your old 360 have a component input?  That's pretty much the same as HDMI.

Out of curiosity, why does PS3 have a more SF friendly controller? I've been playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix on Xbox live and the left stick generally is pretty nice to play with.  I've played fighting games on my PS2 and don't like the stick nearly as much as I do the 360s, but I've yet to play with a PS3 controller at all.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »

^ Yeah, I have component cables but they're not the same as HDMI for picture quality.  As for the controllers, I don't use the stick for 2D fighters, I use the D-pad. I find the D-Pad on the PS3 is vastly superior.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:15:34 PM »

I own a 360, so that's what version I'm getting.  I also don't generally play on pad, except for things like double-tapping, so the 360 analog stick is just fine for me.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »

I'm sure I'd love the achievements and such in the 360 version, but I have to go with the PS3 version, cause the D pad on the 360 controller /sucks/.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »

I'm sure I'd love the achievements and such in the 360 version, but I have to go with the PS3 version, cause the D pad on the 360 controller /sucks/.

Same.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »

For fighters, both suck. The PS2/PS3's configuration is atrocious for 2D fighting platforms. Be a man and shell out for a proper stick or Saturn-style controller.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »

The achievements would be nice on the 360 for sure. As for getting a proper arcade stick....well I don't think I'm good enough of a player to warrant the purchase:P  I've been a die-hard SF guy from the beginning but I still lose more than I win online. I almost always stick with the Ken/Ryu style fighters.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 03:01:08 PM »

In the end then, the 360 D-pad is actually the better choice. I know, it's a piece of shit, but it IS an actual D-pad and will correctly register a quarter-circle motion. The PS2/PS3 setups are individual buttons and don't respond nearly as well due to the less tactile input.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »

For fighters, both suck. The PS2/PS3's configuration is atrocious for 2D fighting platforms. Be a man and shell out for a proper stick or Saturn-style controller.

If by Saturn-style you mean one of those controllers with 6 face buttons, those are horrific for 6-button fighters.  I bought one for the PS2 and it was nothing but clunky and awful.  R1 and R2 are much easier to use.

I already have a stick for PS2 and XBox, but it won't connect to my 360 so fuck it.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 04:11:49 PM »

I'm getting it for the PS3, should be getting an xbox 360 this weekend for my birthday, butttt I won't have online hook up right away since the router isn't anywhere near my room, so I'll need to do that wireless adapter, which is more money than I can muster at the moment.  So, basically that's how I made my decision for the PS3. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »

I disagree completely. I played Soulcalibur IV on both systems and enjoyed it on the PS3 WAY more than on the 360 because of the d-pad alone.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 05:48:56 PM »

Arcade-style controller all the way.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »

Probably the 360, just because I don't know many people with a PS3.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: