Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338410 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter IV: 360 vs. PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter IV: 360 vs. PS3  (Read 19039 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 03:41:12 PM »

Looks like some/all of the alternate costumes are going to be DLC.

It doesn't bother me as long as:

1 - Some of them are unlockable through normal playing modes (like in Marvel vs Capcom 2).  If they want to keep some of the special ones (like the CE edition ones) as DLC, that's fine with me.

2 - Don't bundle them.  I don't want to pay 3 dollars for a bundle of one cool costume and 2 shitty costumes.

Hopefully my number 1 wish is at least true, but they'll probably end up bundling them.  Bah

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2009, 01:15:11 AM »

I may get it on the PS3 afterall. I got the FightPad yesterday from BestBuy, but today I've had a lot of trouble getting it to connect to the console or computer. I'll return it later this week and wait to see if others have the same problem and if a price drop/sale hits. I think there might be enough people I know getting it on the PS3 anyway to not play it alone, assuming anyone even cares when I actually get it.
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2009, 01:32:56 AM »

I care, I care!  Except that I wont be getting it for a while because... I need a jerb. 
I just bought a t5 stick for PS2 and plan on buying a PS2->GCN adapter (for TvC...hopefully it works)  and a PS2 -> PC adapter (for 2dfighter).

So... I need money.  I need this game.  I have no money. I'll have no game.  :(

But when I DOO get it, we must play.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »

It looks like I'll be getting the PS3 version after all since my Goddamn 360 got the RROD yesterday while I was playing Rock Band 2.  I'm so frackin' pissed off I could chew nails!!  This is the third time this has happened.  It's going to be at least 2 weeks before it's fixed so i'm not even going to bother waiting to play while I have a perfectly fine PS3 waiting to be used.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2009, 09:43:02 PM »

So my gamestop got this game today.

It lives up to they hype if you ask me.  It's different enough from HD remix to differentiate itself and feel like a whole new game.  I'm in love with it.  Will probably delete HD Remix off my hard drive because I can't imagine myself playing it again.

Now I just need my tournament edition fightstick to get here faster.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »

This is the first time I've ever wished I owned a PS3.

The Xbox controller is MURDER on your hands trying to do some of this shit.  The analog stick is just too far out of the way to make doing anything with it comfortable.  The whole thing is just a big fucking mess.

Is there any way to make a PS2 controller work on an XBox?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 10:51:53 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 04:39:13 AM »

I plan on buying this game, but I don't want to play using the 360 controller. Can anyone recommend the best arcade stick for the 360? Preferably, a stick that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »

I plan on buying this game, but I don't want to play using the 360 controller. Can anyone recommend the best arcade stick for the 360? Preferably, a stick that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
The best on would probably be the Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition.  But that might cost your privy member.
Next would probably be HRAP Pro EX-SE... but again, the privy member.  Then, it's the standard SFIV FightStick.  Theeeen, I guess one of those horis. 

Yeah that's probably in order form best to worst (not really though. they're all good.)

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »

Miho - Some of the 80 dollar SF4 sticks by MadCatz are shit, so if you go that route you may need to send it back to MadCatz for repair.  There has been some problems with the washers inside where it rubs against multiple contacts causing the stick to not return to neutral properly or just plain suck.  There are Hori Arcade sticks on amazon for 60 or 130, depending on which one you get (personally, I don't like the 130 dollar one's button placement.  The arcing down motion is odd).  You could also buy a SF4 fightpad, which would let you use a fairly nice D-pad for the moves, however, there also has been problems with those where the diagonals don't work properly.  It doesn't affect all of them but I've heard a lot of people complaining about it.  MadCatz fucked up all 3 of their products enough for MarkMen to comment about it and offer repairs for even those who voided their warranty by opening their sticks up... so cross your fingers you get a good one =p

You must have tiny fucking hands Gen Eric, because I do fine with the 360 analog stick.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:30:28 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Geop

Soshi Slave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »

Ahh, I didn't know that.  Shiit.  But, I guess it was too god to be true.  I mean, it's fuckin' MadCatz.

It's a good thing I'm shit poor and didn't end up preordering sfiv and a fightstick.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

You must have tiny fucking hands Gen Eric, because I do fine with the 360 analog stick.

It has nothing to do with hand size, it's just an awkward position to put your hands in.  If the stick and the d-pad were flipped, like a PS2 controller, everything would be much better.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2009, 10:38:02 PM »

Got mine this evening for PS3.

My id is Fraggle71 if anyone wants an online match.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 12:46:01 AM »

It has nothing to do with hand size, it's just an awkward position to put your hands in.  If the stick and the d-pad were flipped, like a PS2 controller, everything would be much better.

You have really small hands, because it does not feel awkward to me at all.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »

I've only met a few people with larger hands than I have.  That is not the problem.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »

I've only met a few people with larger hands than I have.  That is not the problem.

Then you hold the controller in a strange way. or maybe your hands are too large. Whatever the reason, it definitely doesn't feel awkward to some others on here. You just seem to like to bitch and moan.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: