Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334756 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Street Fighter IV: 360 vs. PS3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Street Fighter IV: 360 vs. PS3  (Read 18905 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »

Ahh, I didn't know that.  Shiit.  But, I guess it was too god to be true.  I mean, it's fuckin' MadCatz.

It's a good thing I'm shit poor and didn't end up preordering sfiv and a fightstick.

You could still try your luck with the regular 80 dollar stick.  Worst comes to worse, it's under warranty and the repairs are free.  Not sure about S&H though.

But yeah, it's MadCatz.  I'm not surprised either.  I'll let you know how my TE stick is when it comes in.  My friend got one and it's perfect.  I'm hoping I have the same luck too.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2009, 01:54:21 PM »

Too much talk about the friggin' arcade sticks. It's really not like you need one to play effectively...as much as some might like to think so.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »

It'll generally make you a better player.  Especially if you dont like the 360 controller/PS3 controller.

and yes, I'm serious

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »

There are some things you can do on stick that you really can't do on pad, like drumming buttons.  I mean, you -could- technically do it on Pad but it's so unwieldy and awkward to do that it's more likely to completely throw you out of whack than help you.

But for the most part, it's just preference.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2009, 09:18:39 AM »

Too much talk about the friggin' arcade sticks. It's really not like you need one to play effectively...as much as some might like to think so.

You have much more control and better ability to execute using a stick. I bought a custom stick a few years ago when I was getting into fighting games and I've loved it since. Using a controller is very awkward now.

I'll use Guilty Gear as an example. In Guilty Gear you have to do moves called FRCs, which are a certain frame into a move you can cancel it by pressing three buttons to continue a combo, continue pressure, use it as defense, whatever. These are usually very tight on timing. Some are more lenient than others for different characters. Trying to do this on a controller is much harder than on a stick, though it is doable, usually with better button layouts on the controller.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:50 AM »

I'll use Guilty Gear as an example. In Guilty Gear you have to do moves called FRCs, which are a certain frame into a move you can cancel it by pressing three buttons to continue a combo, continue pressure, use it as defense, whatever. These are usually very tight on timing. Some are more lenient than others for different characters. Trying to do this on a controller is much harder than on a stick, though it is doable, usually with better button layouts on the controller.

You can do this in Street Fighter 4 too =).  It's called FADC in sf4 and using it, they take up half (2 parts) of your ex-bar.

Also, I was looking at the achievements for this game.. and it's definitely going to be one of those games that a very small minority will unlock all the achievements.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 12:38:07 PM »

There are some things you can do on stick that you really can't do on pad, like drumming buttons.  I mean, you -could- technically do it on Pad but it's so unwieldy and awkward to do that it's more likely to completely throw you out of whack than help you.

But for the most part, it's just preference.

Preference is one thing, but the fact is that a stick, especially a good one, gives you unparalleled control over the character. There are few tournament players who would stoop to using a pad. In fact, I only know two who use pads effectively, because of the restrictions imposed by their layouts. Everyone else, especially the higher ranked competitors, use sticks because of the ability to time and direct their moves.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2009, 09:35:51 PM »

The Ken Flowchart

Best. Picture.  Ever.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: