Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327828 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona port for PSP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Persona port for PSP?  (Read 22338 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 05:59:05 PM »

So what? The release details are new, the fact that the game exists isn't. If you were to read the site attached to these boards, you would or could know that a Persona game has been listed for PlayStation Portable release for years. That is because it was one of the first RPGs announced for the platform years back.

You're pulling at straws. You just noted that info was from years ago. It took long enough to be blown off as vaporware, and for all we know this isn't even the same project they planned then.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »

Didn't they just remake Nocturne for the Japanese edition of Devil Summoner, replacing the main character?

They replaced Dante with Raidou from Devil Summoner 3 and 4. He fits better though fighting him is similar to Dante.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »

From what I've heard it's -exactly- like fighting Dante.  To the point that all his moves are just renamed versions of Dante's exact moveset.

And that's not a remake, it's a rerelease.  It'd be a remake if they had reprogrammed the game from the ground up.  They just took the existing code, removed Dante, and plopped in Raidou, whom they already had the code and character models for.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »

No, they replaced Dante.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize there was a second page, so badly beaten. It's exactly what Gen Eric Gui said, they did it because Maniax is really rare in Japan.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:08:55 AM by jj984jj » Logged
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 11:23:28 PM »

This actually made me raise my eyebrows. I was considering replaying through Persona 1 after plowing through 4, and then I remembered, "Oh man, that game is...almost non-playable for today's standards!" I'd be okay with a port or a remake.

It does make me wonder who the new characters would be if this is indeed true. Maybe you get to play that fat kid who had a crush on Alana. You know, the one who you could fight in the Snow Queen scenario and it looked suspiciously (oh, hell with it, he probably was) a giant penis.

A Persona character with Mara as his actual persona. Hee. I'm totally twelve.

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2009, 01:16:59 AM »

I'd be fine with a mere port if it got a decent translation.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2009, 10:40:44 AM »

Dammnit, Lucca, you have the best icon ever.  :(

Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »

A full remake would be awesome, I never got to finish the original Persona and it would be hard to play through that game these days.
Blood

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 06:49:04 PM »

If Persona was ported just the way it is, I seriously doubt Atlus USA will even release. And besides, (from what I've read...) Sony no longer likes ports being released on the PSP, unless the actual franchise/games being ported are popular. I personally think a full remake would be much better, at least that'll guarantee an english release (added JPOP optional please).
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 07:10:58 PM »

(added JPOP optional please).

Someone who is new that is sane?

Welcome.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 07:47:06 PM »

Eh, I don't think a remake status would make the PSP Persona any more likely to be released here.  Which is kind of a shame with the complete hack job Atlus did with Persona's localization.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 03:52:00 AM »

Eh, I don't think a remake status would make the PSP Persona any more likely to be released here.  Which is kind of a shame with the complete hack job Atlus did with Persona's localization.

You do know that the Atlus who localized Persona isn't the same Atlus around now?  If its a remake, and its coming out here, I highly doubt they'll localize it like the PS1 version.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »

Yes, if they released the new Persona version over here the localization would be much better compared to that atrocity.  unfortunately, between the facts it's a port or remake and that it's being released for a console with horrible sales (does Atlus even have a domestic presence on the PSP?), I would be highly surprised if they brought it over.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »

(does Atlus even have a domestic presence on the PSP?)

They sure do.

Riviera: The Promised Land PSP
Yggdra Union PSP
R-Type Command
Hammerin' Hero
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 12:23:26 PM »

Hmm, totally forgot about the top 2 games which are mere improved ports.  I don't see why they'd be so opposed to localizing this then.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: