Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334851 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona port for PSP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Persona port for PSP?  (Read 22859 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2009, 08:07:24 PM »

I have terrible taste and actually like that new battle theme. In fact, I think Lard nailed exactly why! But I do hope they give a choice of soundtracks, because I love options like that, the flavors ARE different, and there's not a lack of space.

(if they replace the pharmacy song then someone's going to die.)

I share these exact same sentiments. I still love the old OST as much as the next person, but I dunno, I like these newer tracks too. I'm just really hoping to hear more of Meguro's guitar.

I really do hope the Pharmacy Song stays though. :P

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2009, 09:34:52 PM »

Eusis: there's no way they could fit the 160 or so songs from both versions in one UMD.  I liked the music more as I listened to it but it still seems odd to fix what wasn't broken.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »

Eusis: there's no way they could fit the 160 or so songs from both versions in one UMD.  I liked the music more as I listened to it but it still seems odd to fix what wasn't broken.

Persona was only 1 CD when it came out. A UMD could hold about 3 of those, and games like VP:L fit on a single UMD. How CAN'T they put all the music on?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:46:29 PM by Eusis » Logged
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »

A UMD has around 2gigs of space. One CD is around 700mb. There's enough space for two soundtracks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:54:20 PM by Jet16 » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »

I will third this sentiment. I will be really pissed off if it's gone.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2009, 01:51:33 AM »

I will third this sentiment. I will be really pissed off if it's gone.

Just heard both the JP and US versions of the song and I'm now willing to fourth this sentiment (provided they keep the original's dubbed lyrics since those were hilarious).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »

Just heard both the JP and US versions of the song and I'm now willing to fourth this sentiment (provided they keep the original's dubbed lyrics since those were hilarious).

It wasn't dubbed into English. Did you listen to the one on OCRemix and seriously think they put that into the games?

(Of course, this leads to just how silly the Americanization for P1 was when you had a Japanese song playing in the pharmacies.)
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »

I have to say that I like the new battle music a ton better than the old, not so much because I love the new song (it's nice, but I'd have to hear the whole thing to judge properly), but because I disliked the old song.  The old song is really repetitive and boring IMO and for a song that you're going to hear over and over and over, me being bored of the song before the first minute was up is a really bad sign.

And before anyone tries to discount my opinion with a new fan comment, keep in mind that Persona 1 was the first Megaten game I played & I've played just about every Megaten game that's been released in the US to date along with a few that haven't.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »

It wasn't dubbed into English. Did you listen to the one on OCRemix and seriously think they put that into the games?

(Of course, this leads to just how silly the Americanization for P1 was when you had a Japanese song playing in the pharmacies.)

I was referring to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-Rq9j3Uvw&feature=related

but if it's OCRemix'd then yes. Yes I did!

Also...

My first will be P3:FES when I get around to it. <.<
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 05:33:29 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2009, 06:38:22 PM »

but if it's OCRemix'd then yes. Yes I did!

I saw that when checking on youtube videos that might indicate how you came to that conclusion, and yeah. Clicking on more info shows that it's the OCRemix song, and the comments mention it too. Anyways, if you want that version here it is.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »

I like how everyone complained about Atlus whitewashing Persona 1 for the US release and then in Persona 3 everyone's pretty much white anyway. What's up with that?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2009, 03:17:43 PM »

I approve.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »

I like how everyone complained about Atlus whitewashing Persona 1 for the US release and then in Persona 3 everyone's pretty much white anyway. What's up with that?
I feel like you're saying they made everyone white for the Persona 1 US release when exactly the opposite happened - they made the guy in the yellow hat into an offensively-stereotyped black guy.

Also, that box looks sexy, if it's real.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2009, 04:04:09 PM »

How was Mark offensively stereotypical? I never actually understood that. The only things I can think of him saying that could be potentially taken as stereotypically African American:

1. He kind of says "Damn" a lot. I'm not sure whether or not this is actually a stereotype or not.
2. He mentions fried chicken, once. At, uh, a fast food restaurant. In a list which all includes pizza and french fries. And it's in the context of the fast food restaurant being out of food.
3. He also says "wassup" once. Assuming this is a stereotype because the white guys around here just shorten it to "Sup" although the black dudes also shorten it to "Sup." "Wassup" was sort of a nineties thing and I was eight back then and I was probably on meth because I live in Ohio and that's what fourth-graders do here.

As far as I know his characterization wasn't really changed from the Japanese version, and I'm also going to assume that wearing baseball caps, summoning demons, and carrying around axes and machine guns also aren't black stereotypes. They might be. I don't really know.

I mean, you could label the French exchange student in P3 as an offensive stereotype of French people. Or the gay dudes in SH:C as offensive stereotypes of gay dudes? Or, uh, Barrett?

Or actually a bit more troubling since it's kind of pervasive, Troika and Black Isle's... constant tendency to shy away from homosexual males, while being fine with lesbians. I know I'm not the only person who played Fallout 2 and was bugged the hell out by that.

And it's not like any of those ever really hit the level of Lo Wang in Shadow Warrior, which wasn't an RPG but whatever.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »

I approve.
Agreed.  That is one sexy looking box.

Here's hoping Atlus USA decides to use it for their release.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: