Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  PS3 to sell for $499, have motion sensing controller
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: PS3 to sell for $499, have motion sensing controller  (Read 8418 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »

Six hundred dollars will never be acceptable for a system.  You know, if they pack it with a half dozen good games, four controllers, coupons, memory cards, a toaster, and mini fridge, then yes, 600 dollars.  And I know the systems cost, like, 900 dollars to make and we are getting a "deal" and it is cheaper than buying a "blu ray disc thinga jiggy", but 600 dollars feeds us for a few months.

I mean, if you buy a 600 dollar TV, you are gonna be using it for awhile.  You know, you're not gonna put it away after three years to buy another TV, this time for 700 dollars.  But shelling out 600 bucks for a system that will be obsolete a few years later is insane.

I'll buy a used system for 100 bucks in a couple years.  ...You know, if some decent games come out on the blasted thing.

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 05:28:49 PM »

Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
Quote from: "Eusis"
Probably a smaller HD or something.

Personally, while I'm glad (albit unsurprised) at the stolen motion sensor, I really wish they offered that as a different model: I thought the new controller looked nice and was a change of pace, but nope. Back to the same fucking controller used for nearly 10 years now; over if you count the original digital-only pad.

I have only one response to that.  If a design isn't broken, don't fix it.  The Playstation controller is designed very well.  I see no reason to modify its design when it already functions quite well.
Agreed whole heartedly. I dont mind the controller remaining the same if it's good as it is, as long as the games improve.
The motion sensing controller looks fun and all but it's impractical. At least for me. I'm sorry but I'm not a nerd that sits in front of a computer all day. I actually exercise myself, so when I get home I dont want to play a game by jumping around, I want to relax.
Plus I'm sure it will be the kind of device that is very fragile. As much as I would like it not to happen, people come visit me or clean the desk and end up dropping the controller by accident, for example, and there goes god knows how many dollars and some time (since I have to import).

About the price.... Oh god US$600,00 -_- I do want to own this system but due to currency changes+tax for importing I dont know when will I be able to afford it without selling an arm and a leg.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2006, 06:28:02 PM »

Quote from: "Ventrue"
Quote from: "MonCapitan2002"
Quote from: "Eusis"
Probably a smaller HD or something.

Personally, while I'm glad (albit unsurprised) at the stolen motion sensor, I really wish they offered that as a different model: I thought the new controller looked nice and was a change of pace, but nope. Back to the same fucking controller used for nearly 10 years now; over if you count the original digital-only pad.

I have only one response to that.  If a design isn't broken, don't fix it.  The Playstation controller is designed very well.  I see no reason to modify its design when it already functions quite well.
Plus I'm sure it will be the kind of device that is very fragile. As much as I would like it not to happen, people come visit me or clean the desk and end up dropping the controller by accident, for example, and there goes god knows how many dollars and some time (since I have to import).

Dude, this is Nintendo. I bet you could run the Wiimote over with an articulated lorry and it would still work :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 11:47:27 PM »

TOPIC REVIVAL!!!

Check this out.......

http://gear.ign.com/articles/708/708054p1.html

.....I'm not sure what to think....yes a trackball on that would be kinda cool especially for RTSs and FPSs....but HOW FUCKING UGLY IS THAT? It looks like the retired nose of Krusty the Klown!

Anyway....interesting at the very least. It still shoulda been the Batarang.

Edit:
Quote from: "Degolas"
Dude, this is Nintendo. I bet you could run the Wiimote over with an articulated lorry and it would still work :P

I have no idea what you mean by that....speak English please. :P

LOLOGAZM

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: