Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 09:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338615 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VII XBox 360 remake......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII XBox 360 remake......  (Read 23601 times)
Noobien
The Random Clueless Guy of The Forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 03:49:23 AM »

You're a dumbass.

Yup, also a Sony fanboy... a Microsoft hater... and since Nintendo always deliver good products count me in as a Nintendo supporter!
The PS2 had a high fail rate, and Sony VAIO computers had exploding batteries for a while.

So while a 360 might red ring on you, the Sony computer would've killed you.
What the hell?! The batteries actually exploded?

HeeHo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 04:48:46 AM »

Ew, do away with this brand loyalty, yeesh. Is there any better way to look like a tool?

Unless there is some weird publishing issue, I can see it coming to both consoles. 360 pushes too much software for it to be excluded, IMO.

Also, even though I'm contributing to it, this topic is totally baseless.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:48 AM »

I like fanboys. They give out good entertainment and I love reading fanboys argue over the internet.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 07:22:50 AM »

Yes Noobien, a few years back there was a massive recall on Sony laptop batteries, and not just on Sony computers.  Ones in Dells as well.  I was lucky that the Dell laptop I bought that year did not have a Sony battery.  Ashton is right in that these recalled batteries had faulty components that caused them to greatly overheat and possibly start a fire.   
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:42:06 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »

I like fanboys. They give out good entertainment and I love reading fanboys argue over the internet.

Agreed. Fanboys are an interesting race indeed.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:04 AM »

Agreed. Fanboys are an interesting race indeed.

This. FFVII on the 360 will be the apocalypse (for the fanboys, that is).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 02:21:47 PM »

This. FFVII on the 360 will be the apocalypse (for the fanboys, that is).

I'm more inclined to think that would be the case for a DS or iPhone remake rather than a 360 release. I wouldn't be surprised if a large part of the FFVII fanbase have 360s and would actually be glad about not needing a PS3.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 01:26:32 PM »

Could anyone give one solid argument of why FFVII needs a remake at all? And i mean a good reason, no "better graphics" or "we will know how much of a drama queen Cloud was! Yes, even more!" or any of that stuff.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »

For SE to milk more money?

At this point I actually donīt care if FF7 gets a remake for the 360, after the Star ocean 4 fiasco I can expect almost anything....  Thereīsomething I need to clear out and that is that I donīt have anything against the 360 nor do I wish for it to fail, my complete hate goes to Microsoft as an entire entity and their monopolist attitude.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:25:04 AM by macirex » Logged

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 05:51:39 PM »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:19:38 PM by KillerArmoire » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »

For SE no milk more money?

At this point I actually donīt care if FF7 gets a remake for the 360, after the Star ocean 4 fiasco I can expect almost anything....  Thereīsomething I need to clear out and that is that I donīt have anything against the 360 nor do I wish for it to fail, my complete hate goes to Microsoft as an entire entity and their monopolist attitude.

That attitude of them kept me from buying an xbox, and I told myself I never would, but I have to admit that the xbox is damn fun and has gotten me rejuvinated on console gaming again.
Goshogun9

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 06:23:30 PM »

I don't think they should bother. I would rather have them create something new. Especially considering how much people will expect out of a FF VII remake, it would take a lot of effort. 

Dark Gaia
Guardian Dragon

Guardian Dragon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

I agree that Sqeenix should not even bother. If they made a remake on the 360 or PS3, there would be a lot at stake. Sure, everyone would be all "Wow! FFVII!" but then there are other factors to worry about such as existing fans being alienated by how much their beloved game has changed to keep from buying it (much like the FFIV remake) so that only new fans would really buy it, which is bad, as certainly the target market for a remake would be the existing fans.

Remember how much they made Advent Children and Dirge Of Cerberus suck? Crisis Core only bounced back because it wasn't tied in major way with FFVII and Cloud, it was pretty much a new, original story in the FFVII universe. Most likely an FFVII remake would be made to conform with the expectations of fans of those three titles, so thus would be too different it would risk offending die hard fans.

I think it is just best if they leave it alone and leave us with our memories.

And perhaps go work on a remake to Chrono Trigger or Terranigma instead.

Want the latest news on Legionwood and my other projects?

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 01:02:47 AM »

I'll drink to a Terranigma remake.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 04:34:06 AM »

I'll drink to a Xenogears remake. Hell, I would pay the price of a PS3 for that.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: