Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:36:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Let's do something stupid.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Let's do something stupid.  (Read 13121 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 09:27:41 PM »

With Valentine's Day all but over, I hereby bring Romance Novel Cover Avatar Lovefest 2009 to a close.  A big fat round of "fuck you" to all the snobs who didn't participate.  A tip of the hat to everyone who did; you're all winners in my book.

Of course, some people are more of a winner than others.  As such, it's time to announce the name of the person with the best avatar.  I judged all participants harshly yet fairly, and when all was said and done there was but one person who deserved the title of "best".  And that person is:

Me.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »

Armpit girl and I regret nothing!  (and thankfully she's just a picture, so she can't put a scimitar to my throat and say, "Quit calling me Armpit Girl!  I have a name, bub!  It's Isa!")

I had fun, almost won, wrote a theme song, ditched a bro for a bra, disqualified myself due to drunken dimwittery, and didn't learn a darn thing.  Best Valentine's Day ever!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:53:16 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »

Gee, and I thought staff members were ineligible for the contest:P 
Oh good thing. I thought about participating for about five minutes (I was gonna do something stupid like use the nauseating main characters from Twilight), but opted for a high rapper instead of cheesy romance. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

Me.

I blame Neal. =P
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2009, 10:47:31 PM »

On a sidenote about romance and everything, when did modern romance become so... limp, like an old doily?  A lot of male leads in romances are so lame, like they're completely castrated.  They don't say and do things that men would actually say/do or want to say/do.  I think the evidence of this romance novel avatar thread featuring buff yet very effeminate men speaks volumes.

What happened to epic sagas like Gone with the Wind or just classic awesome like Casablanca?  In those movies the leading men were men.  Clark Gable as Rhett was the epitome of a man's man and Rhett's dialogue to Scarlet at the end was something that not only made the ladies flutter but didn't make the guys gag; quite the opposite actually.  Rhett said and did what an uncastrated manly-man would say and do.  And with Casablanca, you hardly get more man's man than Bogart.  Even that famous scene at the end and his classic line, it makes the ladies flutter and the guys go, "man that was so cool."  I don't see guys saying "man that was so cool" at the end of modern romances the way they would for Gable and Bogey in the aforementioned examples. 

Once upon a time, masculinity was desirable, even necessary, in great love stories.  Nowadays, that doesn't seem to hold very true. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:04:22 AM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2009, 03:50:45 AM »

I demand a recount.

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2009, 04:28:05 AM »

I was going to say the exact same thing: Recount please. I got a vote from Dincrest!

*was looking forward to his man love themed member bar as well*
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: