Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 11:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319593 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles thread desu
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles thread desu  (Read 10875 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

I kind of imagine most publishers are putting their RPG efforts on DS and perhaps Wii. Neither the 360 or the PS3 exactly took off there, and the DQ games would guarantee a receptive audience.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »

DS is the best RPG system this gen.  Sure, lots of bad games, but plenty of excellent ones to overshadow those.

HeeHo

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 07:30:15 PM »

Gotta disagree with that. I hear talk of the DS being an RPG powerhouse all the time, but if it weren't for the remakes and the EO games, I'd be pretty disappointed with the machine.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »

FFXII has an excellent soundtrack. It just isn't like the other main series FF soundtracks so people didn't like it. They can screw off.

This.

Anyway, I'll wait and get WKC a few years from now when it's 30 bucks in a bargain bin.  Same thing I did with Rogue Galaxy.

I agree with these men.  I liked most aspects of FF12.

Sad to hear about White Knight Chronicles.  I know PS3 has a pretty solid 2009 line-up, but are any of those rpgs?  Still wanting a PS3 for some titles so I'm a bit curious what's on the horizon.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2009, 11:20:45 PM »

DS is the best RPG system this gen.  Sure, lots of bad games, but plenty of excellent ones to overshadow those.

I agree with this.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »

Gotta disagree with that. I hear talk of the DS being an RPG powerhouse all the time, but if it weren't for the remakes and the EO games, I'd be pretty disappointed with the machine.

I agree with this.

However, I am drunk on gin.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 01:28:32 AM »

Whoever said the DS is the RPG powerhouse all the time is definitely riding the hyperbole train.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 02:51:13 AM »

Ok, I have to admit that with RPGs period, offerings like Bethesda's and Bioware's along with the good JRPGs there are is more than enough to put at least the 360 ahead. As far as JRPGs go though, come on now. Most of those out so far have mixed reactions at best, and the only easy recommendation is Valkyria Chronicles. The World Ends With You is definitely worth checking out, there's tons of solid titles like Etrian Odyssey and Mario & Luigi 2, and some of those ports/remakes give access to games that are either hard to find or have lacked an official English release.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 03:06:14 AM »

You're all wrong! The DS is this generation's SRPG Machine. XP

And it even offers a fair spread of non-SRPG-RPGs too.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 04:13:14 AM »

The DS is this generation's SRPG Machine.

THIS! THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

If you don't think this now, then Devil Survivor, Fire Emblem, and Valkyrie Profile all would like to have a word with you. Three very solid titles that made me glad I spent all that time with kanji flashcards while riding the subway. I think Fire Emblem hits the west soon though.

(Devil Survivor review coming very soon)

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 04:24:55 AM »

7th Dragon and DQIX will change that!
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2009, 09:38:01 PM »

The DS is this generation's SRPG Machine.

THIS! THIS! A THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

If you don't think this now, then Devil Survivor, Fire Emblem, and Valkyrie Profile all would like to have a word with you. Three very solid titles that made me glad I spent all that time with kanji flashcards while riding the subway. I think Fire Emblem hits the west soon though.

(Devil Survivor review coming very soon)

And all you people who liked Valkyria Chronicles might want to check out the DS version of Jagged Alliance when it comes out, since the developers have cited it as an influence.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2009, 11:55:05 PM »

I really can't point to a single console of the current generation as "the rpg" console. The 360 and DS might have the advantage in numbers, but for every good title there's like a dozen of bad or fairly generic rpgs.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 12:08:26 AM »

The 360 and DS might have the advantage in numbers, but for every good title there's like a dozen of bad or fairly generic rpgs.

That's how it is on every console. Disregard the poor and only look at the good, otherwise you'll wind up with the Sega CD as the best RPG console by merit of Lunar 1 & 2 and the fact people actually like Vay.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2009, 02:41:08 AM »

The 360 and DS might have the advantage in numbers, but for every good title there's like a dozen of bad or fairly generic rpgs.

That's how it is on every console. Disregard the poor and only look at the good, otherwise you'll wind up with the Sega CD as the best RPG console by merit of Lunar 1 & 2 and the fact people actually like Vay.

Not in every, see the PS3. It has like, what, 6-7 RPGs? Ugh, good work Sony.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:45:50 AM by ChevalierEagle » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: