Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 07:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338764 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles thread desu
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles thread desu  (Read 11508 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 02:50:30 AM »

That's still more than the Sega CD got in America, I'm sure.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 05:18:09 PM »

The 360 and DS might have the advantage in numbers, but for every good title there's like a dozen of bad or fairly generic rpgs.

That's how it is on every console. Disregard the poor and only look at the good, otherwise you'll wind up with the Sega CD as the best RPG console by merit of Lunar 1 & 2 and the fact people actually like Vay.
Ugh, Shining Force CD was the only Sega CD RPG I actually liked. I thought the original Lunar was mediocre and its sequel was worse, given its lousy save system.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 06:48:24 PM »

The 360 and DS might have the advantage in numbers, but for every good title there's like a dozen of bad or fairly generic rpgs.

That's how it is on every console. Disregard the poor and only look at the good, otherwise you'll wind up with the Sega CD as the best RPG console by merit of Lunar 1 & 2 and the fact people actually like Vay.
Ugh, Shining Force CD was the only Sega CD RPG I actually liked. I thought the original Lunar was mediocre and its sequel was worse, given its lousy save system.

You, madam, are now on a list.

It is not a good list.

faridmon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 07:53:55 AM »

for people who are saying FF XII had a terrible Soundtrack, no it didn't. it had a DIFFERENT soundtrack compared to other FF because of Sakimoto, but the soundtrack was really great. in fact one of the thing i loved about FF XII RW was the soundtrack. Also Sakimoto is one of the best composers out there.

and the DS is a an RPG powerhouse, its just the good RPGs are often overlooked. Sword of Rondo and Summon Night DS is just an example.

it might not be a PS1 kind of RPG powerhouse, but i have to say it might be at the same level as the PS2 since many of the hyped RPG on that system was disappointing.

and how the hell did Level-5 mess WKC. they delayed the game forever and had to actually make an half finished game (since the story is not finished at all), how can you mess a game like that.

for people who played it and beat it, is at the same level of disappointment as Too Human and Lair or is as the same level as Infinite Undiscovery?
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »

Sakimoto, when he's at his best, is my favorite VGM composer. But the FFXII soundtrack, while decent, is NOT Sakimoto at his best.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »

New trailer

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/28/white-knight-chronicles-watch-the-e3-trailer-now/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 11:11:39 PM »

Didn't Sony promise this to be in the U.S. by April? Fuckers.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 11:49:10 PM »

I don't remember there ever being a firm release date, though I would not be surprised to see this as a fall release here.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 12:23:03 AM »

If it's as mediocre as I've heard then I wouldn't get angry over it not being out now. Though... yeah, I don't recall any such promise either, unless that was way WAY back, and I'm used to delays at this point anyway.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 11:38:09 AM »

I remember last year Sony saying it'd be in the U.S. by Q1 2009, which is before April. If I (attempt to) find the article, I'll edit this.

EDIT: Here it is.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:41:07 AM by dalucifer0 » Logged
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »

for people who are saying FF XII had a terrible Soundtrack, no it didn't. it had a DIFFERENT soundtrack compared to other FF because of Sakimoto, but the soundtrack was really great. in fact one of the thing i loved about FF XII RW was the soundtrack. Also Sakimoto is one of the best composers out there.

Unfortunately, I found the soundtrack really really mediocre and I couldn't point even a single memorable song. Compared to the previous FF soundtracks they were much more memorable (such as FFX's To Zanarkand, FFIX's Melodies of Life, FFVIII's Eyes on Me, FFVII's Aeris' Theme or Crystal Theme i guess, and FFVI's Terra's Theme).

Oh regarding WKC, I don't feel convinced to buy it... And strangely enough for me... Cross Edge > WKC.

*gets flame shield*

But seriously, how will WKC play like?

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 07:48:50 PM »

White Knight Chronicles is targeting a Q1 2010 release date in the US and Europe -- over a year after its Japanese release last Christmas. The reason the game is taking so long to get to the West is because Level-5 is working on extra content, which will be included on the disc. This content will be patched in to the Japanese version for free at around the same time.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/03/white-knight-chronicles-gets-town-building-q1-release-for-us/

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »

I'm excited to play this, but it's an awful long wait for something so mediocre.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »

I'm starting to get the itch to import it...that is, when the price drops. So WKC is taking forever to come out over here just like RG.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 08:47:18 PM »

I'm excited to play this, but it's an awful long wait for something so mediocre.

It's probably due to that mediocrity that we're waiting so long, so they can add new content that'd make it better. After Rogue Galaxy though I doubt that'd be enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: